What's the deal with Dillard?

And on the discussion of players blossoming under the previous staff, there isn't a single freshman they recruited that I would say "excelled". The players that did the best (Carriker for example) weren't even their recruits. Just look at 2007, when all of their recruits were finally the majority of the players on the field....they failed.

Ummmm....Bjax was a Cally recruit. I'd say he excelled. Getting drafted in the second round as a junior seems "decent." (We could find more...but since we are dealing with a "single" freshman this should be sufficient.)

So about this Suh guy. Not Bo's work - he was a Cally recruit. When he's a first round pick next year, I hope you credit Callahan and Cosgrove and the staff that recruited him. You're going to do that, right? <_<

are you kidding me?? suh went from being a good player to a GREAT player under Bo's coaching. Cosgrove could barely teach him where the water cooler was located and he ruined Carriker by using him inappropriately in the defense. Cosgrove was a wreck and couldn't coach the defense if it was made up of all-Americans. Suh is the player he is today, thanks to Bo and that's a fact!

So what category do Watson and Gilmore fall under? Are they previous staff when it comes to players not “developing” and are they current staff when it comes to players “developing?

They fall under previous OFFENSIVE staff.

The coach-whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned big mistake was blind and total loyalty to his defensive coaches/buds. I was relatively happy with his offense development, but defense game planning, defense development (can you say Suh?) overall "feel" or atmosphere of the program, utilization of personnel (burning redshirts at the end of the season) and being "snookered" by recruiting hype :bang

Besides Kellogg arriving this fall, what other walk on QBs are there? I'm not seeing them on the roster.

:yeah Looks like they haven't panned out as far as I can tell. Scout listed Jim Ebke of Lincoln East and Zach Ruiz of Beatrice for the 2008 season. Ebke had attended SDSU for one year before walking on at Nebraska. He is now listed on the Roster at Safety. Zach Ruiz is not listed on the current roster. Not sure what happened with him.

The deal with P. Dillard is there are better players in front of him plain and simple. He is just too slow to play LB at the D1 level.

Ali Highsmith turned out to be pretty slow. I think Bo did all right with him at LB. Not saying I wouldn't prefer a faster LB. Just saying Dillard's current problem is not that he's slow.