'You ain't supposed to be faster than me.'

But it's too bad we won't get to see the blinding speed of Sam Keller and Zac Taylor this season. I really miss the slow motion highlight reels.

Keller ran a 4.96 at the 2008 Combine so according to that he isn't any slower then Ganz is. Taylor ran a 5.0 at the 2007 Combine so he is just a tad slower then Ganz. I figured Taylor and Keller were a lot slower but it appears they are all three pretty much the equal.

I think just about any rational person would look at the combine numbers, look at the performances on the field, and immediately decide that there's a problem with the numbers, not that they're "pretty much equal" in real running ability. I'm sorry, but I watched Taylor try to elude pressure, and I watched Keller, and Ganz. Of the three, only Ganz was even a moderate threat with his legs, and it was absolutely clear that he was faster.

You'd better go dig up some new numbers. These are wrong.

So since the numbers show that Ganz in the 40 isn’t really any faster then Keller or Taylor the numbers are wrong? He was slower then Murtha in the 40 but that doesn’t mean Murtha could get away from a tackler better then Ganz. This just means from point A to point B Ganz isn’t or wasn’t faster then the others. Now when it came to improvising Ganz was QUICKER then the others but the 40 is a straight line so it evened the playing field.

For the record this isn’t the first time that these guys 40 times were comparable. Coming out of High School Taylor was listed as 4.8, Keller 4.84, and Ganz 4.70. Once again though these are numbers when running a straight line.

QFT. :yeah

But it's too bad we won't get to see the blinding speed of Sam Keller and Zac Taylor this season. I really miss the slow motion highlight reels.

Keller ran a 4.96 at the 2008 Combine so according to that he isn't any slower then Ganz is. Taylor ran a 5.0 at the 2007 Combine so he is just a tad slower then Ganz. I figured Taylor and Keller were a lot slower but it appears they are all three pretty much the equal.

I think just about any rational person would look at the combine numbers, look at the performances on the field, and immediately decide that there's a problem with the numbers, not that they're "pretty much equal" in real running ability. I'm sorry, but I watched Taylor try to elude pressure, and I watched Keller, and Ganz. Of the three, only Ganz was even a moderate threat with his legs, and it was absolutely clear that he was faster.

So since the numbers show that Ganz in the 40 isn’t really any faster then Keller or Taylor the numbers are wrong? He was slower then Murtha in the 40 but that doesn’t mean Murtha could get away from a tackler better then Ganz. This just means from point A to point B Ganz isn’t or wasn’t faster then the others. Now when it came to improvising Ganz was QUICKER then the others but the 40 is a straight line so it evened the playing field.

For the record this isn’t the first time that these guys 40 times were comparable. Coming out of High School Taylor was listed as 4.8, Keller 4.84, and Ganz 4.70. Once again though these are numbers when running a straight line.

What I'm saying is there has to be an explanation why Zac Taylor looked like he was walking underwater when he tried to escape from the pocket. Ganz isn't a burner, but by comparison to Taylor and Keller he looked like the Flash. You can train yourself to run the 40 so you look real fast, but in the category of 'useful football quarterback speed,' no one would prefer Taylor to Ganz trying to break out of a shattered pocket. This might say more about predictable speed and forty times than it does about the stopwatch at the combine.

What I'm saying is there has to be an explanation why Zac Taylor looked like he was walking underwater when he tried to escape from the pocket. Ganz isn't a burner, but by comparison to Taylor and Keller he looked like the Flash. You can train yourself to run the 40 so you look real fast, but in the category of 'useful football quarterback speed,' no one would prefer Taylor to Ganz trying to break out of a shattered pocket. This might say more about predictable speed and forty times than it does about the stopwatch at the combine.

I agree with you. I was suprised at all of their 40 times, but like has been said Ganz has the football speed to get away from the rush where the other 2 didn't.

There is a definite difference between game speed and drill speed. It's easy to run in a straight line as fast as you can; but eluding tacklers, making cuts, reading holes, and exposing those holes, are a whole other type of running.