Ranking of 100 NCAA coaches. Bo at #23

Considering there are 120 something Division One College football programs..I feel kinda bad for the 20 some guys that didn't make the list :nanalama lol

Yeah, they probably should have just done them all lol. Maybe they didn't want to have to pick the guy who they think is the worst coach.

Lol yeah, that was probably it. Sports casters usually don't mind voicing their opinion on who they think is terrible, however. If you did all the work getting to 100...hell..you may as well just keep going.

IMHO a lot of those coaches are too high as well i.e. Weis of ND. He had two good seasons his first two years, and then they started to slack despite his "amazing" recruiting classes. People said once he got to 4 years and his recruits were playing that they would be really good, and now they are saying the same thing in year 6?

I want to know what Weis tells all the high profile recruits he gets to go there, despite how poorly they seem to perform.

Another take, from our Friends at Rivals.com.

Link

They do not even have Bo in the top half of the Big 12, so guessing they don't agree....

If you cannot read it, they have...

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

4. Mike Leach, Texas Tech

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

8. Bill Snyder, Kansas State

9. Mike Sherman, Texas A&M

10. Dan Hawkins, Colorado

11. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State

12. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State

I don't like that list one bit. 1 and 2 are good, but I would put Leach ahead of Mangino and definitely have Gundy in the top 6. I would also drop Snyder below Hawkins (he hasn't done sh*t yet).

Link

They do not even have Bo in the top half of the Big 12, so guessing they don't agree....

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

I don't like that list one bit. 1 and 2 are good, but I would put Leach ahead of Mangino and definitely have Gundy in the top 6. I would also drop Snyder below Hawkins (he hasn't done sh*t yet).

Wow. Some people have short memories apparently. Snyder was arguably the best coach of the 90s. (look at what he did with what he had to work with...KSU was the WORST team in Div I. Snyder made them a contender.)

Link

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

Wow. Some people have short memories apparently. Snyder was arguably the best coach of the 90s. (look at what he did with what he had to work with...KSU was the WORST team in Div I. Snyder made them a contender.)

I am well aware of what Snyder did folks. I probably know more about it than the people who just ripped me for saying it. I said Snyder hadn't done "sh*t" yet as in he has done nothing since he just got rehired and hasn't coached a single game again, yet.

I was judging that list off of what they have done since they have been hired as a coach in the Big 12 and not by all their coaching experience, ergo I said Snyder should be dropped since he just got rehired.

Hope that makes sense. Obviously Snyder was a great coach but he just got rehired and hasn't coached a game since what..2004-2005? He wasn't doing so hot as a coach near the end of his tenure regardless. Lets find out what a poster on this board means before we go ape sh*t and start bouncin off the walls.

Link

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

I think they mean right now, not historically. I would have loved to have Snyder in his prime. He is not in his prime.

Link

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

I am sure I will be accused of Bias, but Mangino and Leech both led their teams to a 11-1 regular season over the last couple of years. Mangino goes to a BCS Bowl and beats a top 5 team. Leach gets Owned in the Cotton Bowl by Ole Miss. Also, Leach had a better program to start with. Kansas was really, really bad when Mangino showed up. That was one cupboard no one can blame Mangino for being empty, and it was REAL empty.... Leech is a great coach, but he has had a ton of time to get his system in and has a lot of good players that Mangino is just now geting a crack at. Michael Crabtree, for instnace, came down to us and Tech, and we lost. If that recruiting battle happened today, we would have a better chance....

Link

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

I am sure I will be accused of Bias, but Mangino and Leech both led their teams to a 11-1 regular season. Mangino goes to a BCS Bowl and beats a top 5 team. Leach gets Owned in the Cotton Bowl by Ole Miss. Also, Leach had a better program to start with. Kansas was really, really bad when Mangino showed up. That was one cupboard no one can blame Mangino for being empty, and it was REAL empty....

Was that a fat joke?

Proof is found in results.... Pelini is on his way as a head coach. Coach Callahan came to NU and a losing season followed. Bo Pelini came and scored nine wins. When Pelini came here the first time the defense improved....he left, went to other programs and continued to excell as a coordinator. He carried that success on as a head coach. This last year proved that he could put together a staff and get a program turned around. Just remember how many question marks there were on the 2008 team. Bo is a good coach, but he is just as good as a leader. More solid seasons should follow. As a Husker fan, I could not be more pleased.

:restore

Link

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

I am sure I will be accused of Bias, but Mangino and Leech both led their teams to a 11-1 regular season. Mangino goes to a BCS Bowl and beats a top 5 team. Leach gets Owned in the Cotton Bowl by Ole Miss. Also, Leach had a better program to start with. Kansas was really, really bad when Mangino showed up. That was one cupboard no one can blame Mangino for being empty, and it was REAL empty....

Was that a fat joke?

OK, it was a little one, sorry. At least it was sort of subtle. I do not condone what I did, but I was trying to think of a way to illustrate how bare the cupboard was, and it got the better of me. Sorry.

I am well aware of what Snyder did folks. I probably know more about it than the people who just ripped me for saying it. I said Snyder hadn't done "sh*t" yet as in he has done nothing since he just got rehired and hasn't coached a single game again, yet.

I was judging that list off of what they have done since they have been hired as a coach in the Big 12 and not by all their coaching experience, ergo I said Snyder should be dropped since he just got rehired.

Hope that makes sense. Obviously Snyder was a great coach but he just got rehired and hasn't coached a game since what..2004-2005? He wasn't doing so hot as a coach near the end of his tenure regardless. Lets find out what a poster on this board means before we go ape sh*t and start bouncin off the walls.

Interesting argument. I don't agree with your take however.

Equivalently, when Bill Cowher returns to coaching, would he be considered someone who "hasn't done sh#t?" If Urban Meyer changes jobs to coach somewhere else, would he be considered someone who "hasn't done sh#t?" From a certain standpoint perhaps, but does that justify ranking them lower than mediocre coaches who have accomplished little in several years of effort? If Peyton Manning were to be traded to the Texans tomorrow, does he suddenly no longer rank as one of the best QBs in the league?

If you really want to get down to it, no coach has done a lot since say, last December.

Interesting argument. I don't agree with your take however.

Equivalently, when Bill Cowher returns to coaching, would he be considered someone who "hasn't done sh#t?" If Urban Meyer changes jobs to coach somewhere else, would he be considered someone who "hasn't done sh#t?" From a certain standpoint perhaps, but does that justify ranking them lower than mediocre coaches who have accomplished little in several years of effort? If Peyton Manning were to be traded to the Texans tomorrow, does he suddenly no longer rank as one of the best QBs in the league?

If you really want to get down to it, no coach has done a lot since say, last December.

:yeah

Link

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

Was that a fat joke?

OK, it was a little one, sorry. At least it was sort of subtle. I do not condone what I did, but I was trying to think of a way to illustrate how bare the cupboard was, and it got the better of me. Sorry.

hahaha, I thought it was funny...