Ranking of 100 NCAA coaches. Bo at #23

23. Bo Pelini(10-4 at Nebraska and overall)- In 2019 when we make this list Pelini might be in the top 5. There are few defensive minds better than Pelini and soon it will start to show in Lincoln. The Blackshirts will be back and Pelini will have Nebraska in a BCS bowl very soon. Pelini has led top defenses at Nebraska, Oklahoma, and LSU as a DC. Toughness is back in Lincoln and will stay there for a long time.

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_100_Coaches_in_NCAA.html

Considering there are 120 something Division One College football programs..I feel kinda bad for the 20 some guys that didn't make the list :nanalama lol

Yeah, they probably should have just done them all lol. Maybe they didn't want to have to pick the guy who they think is the worst coach.

I kind of thought they were a little hard on the big guy from Lawrence. Just because of what he did at the Falcons, Petrino should be banned from this list. Tedford at Cal seems a bit high considering he's been known to start the season in the top 10 only to fall out of the top 25 by seasons end. Ferentz at Iowa seems like a bust to me considering what they are paying him which is I believe over 3 million. Anyone else think maybe Gill got screwed over in this ranking? At least someone sees Stache for what he is, yet I think they still had him ranked too high.

He's also one of the highest paid coaches. I wouldn't exactly say he's kept them competitive. If you take his salary and put it against wins, he's not even close to several D1 coaches. It's all about performance, and he's not getting it done when taking his salary into consideration. Do I even have to bring up all the off field things with regards to his players?

He's also one of the highest paid coaches. I wouldn't exactly say he's kept them competitive. If you take his salary and put it against wins, he's not even close to several D1 coaches. It's all about performance, and he's not getting it done when taking his salary into consideration. Do I even have to bring up all the off field things with regards to his players?

agreed, but getting to New Years bowls is helping out on the salary front, make the university money and you will get paid! Ferentz leaves and Iowa will fall to the #2 spot of Iowa football, and no, not behind ISU.... he does not deserve his salary, but compared to the last 10 years of Hayden Fry to the first 10 of Kirk Ferentz and i can see why they showed him the money...

73. Dan Christensen(1st year as a NCAA Head Coach)- Wyoming made one of the better offseason hires last year when it grabbed Christensen from Missouri. Many credit the offense of Christensen as the reason why Missouri has been such a hot team as of late. With Brad Smith he had one of the better duel threat QBs in the country, with Chase Daniel he has had a great dropback QB. The ability to adjust to 2 different QBs in such a short amount of time shows the man is a great coach. Poke fans should be excited about the future.

74. Dan Hawkins(13-24 at Colorado and 107-46-1 overall)- When he left Boise in 2005 Hawkins was one of the hottest coaches in CFB, but he has still yet to have a winning season in Boulder. He did take over a very difficult situation, but improvement must be shown soon as Colorado is the type of program that should be down too long.

So, a first time head coach, who's so important they can't even spell his name right (Dave, not Dan), is ahead of Dan Hawkins. Sure, the real Dan hasn't done much, but I really do expect that to change this year. Not 10 wins worth, but back to a bowl. Besides, how can you rank someone with zero experience with someone who actually did get his current team bowl eligible (once)?

Shows just how ludicrous these ratings/rankings/opinions are.

Another take, from our Friends at Rivals.com.

Link

They do not even have Bo in the top half of the Big 12, so guessing they don't agree....

If you cannot read it, they have...

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

2. Mack Brown, Texas

3. Mark Mangino, Kansas

4. Mike Leach, Texas Tech

5. Gary Pinkel, Missouri

6. Art Briles, Baylor

7. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

8. Bill Snyder, Kansas State

9. Mike Sherman, Texas A&M

10. Dan Hawkins, Colorado

11. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State