RB Andre Dawson

• 2 weeks later...

I hope slow-playing him doesn't end-up blowing-up in our faces.

I seriously don't think it's a case of slow-playing here. I think it's more of the fact that Nebraska really doesn't need a RB in the 2010 class due to the number guys already here: Roy Helu, Quentin Castille, Lester Ward, Collins Okafor and Austin Jones with Rex Burkhead and Dontrayevous Robinson arriving in the summer or fall.

Just my opinion though...could be wrong. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

per ESPN: By the end of January Dawson had scholarship offers from Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. He has since doubled his offer total, adding Purdue, Kansas and Cincinnati to his list."

I'm looking at all six schools," Dawson said. "And I recently took a trip to Nebraska. I went to their spring game and I went to a spring practice at Iowa. I'm going to visit Iowa State pretty soon and I want to get to Purdue and Cincinnati. I'm going to try to get out to UCLA and Tennessee too."

Dawson said he does not have a favorite and probably won't select a college until after his senior football season.

"I want to give all the schools a shot," he said.

I seriously don't think it's a case of slow-playing here. I think it's more of the fact that Nebraska really doesn't need a RB in the 2010 class due to the number guys already here: Roy Helu, Quentin Castille, Lester Ward, Collins Okafor and Austin Jones with Rex Burkhead and Dontrayevous Robinson arriving in the summer or fall.

Just my opinion though...could be wrong. :wacko:

From what I can tell we're really swinging for the fences when it comes to rb this class, going for an elite guy or nobody at all.

Wonder if they can get Dawson into camp for a better look.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't really worry about it. RB, due to the depth there already with the guys who signed LOI's and will be here in the summer, is one position where if the Huskers don't take one in this class it's really not that big of a deal.

I personally think that the Nebraska coaching staff has Aaron Green as their #1 RB target for 2011.

Although RB is a position where you can never really have too much depth so the staff will probably take one in this class.

:blink:

• 4 weeks later...

from ESPN: By the end of April, running back Andre Dawson (Cedar Rapids, Iowa/Washington) had six scholarship offers, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue, Cincinnati and Kansas. He has added an offer from Minnesota to his list.

"Right now I'm looking at all seven," Dawson said. "I'm also looking at UCLA, Tennessee and Auburn. And I'll be visiting Iowa State pretty soon. I'm going to go to Minnesota and Purdue too. I'm not sure when yet."

• 4 months later...

Purdue, Wisconsin and Kansas are at the forefront of the Andre Dawson recruiting race, according to Cedar Rapids Washington football coach Tony Lombardi.

Lombardi said Wednesday morning that Dawson has decided to wait to commit; he was ready to announce Tuesday, but has decided to take official campus visits.

Dawson visited Purdue on an unofficial visit last weekend, and will return to West Lafayette this weekend for an official visit.

The University of Iowa is still in the mix, Lombardi said. He added that the Hawkeyes have not withdrawn their scholarship offer.

Lombardi expects a decision from Dawson within the next few weeks.

Dawson rushed for a state-leading 2,212 yards on 301 yards and 28 touchdowns as Washington finished 9-3 and reached the Class 4A state quarterfinals.