ATH Brendon Felder

i am getting concerned again. we can't seem to attract the big names names for even a visit.

This statement makes no sense when we haven't even offered him a scholarship.. We can't even get big names here for a visit? Really? Where do you get that from? Because we can't pull kids from USC away from So Cal? We've had big names visit.. RB is just such a touchy position this year with the lesser amount of scholarships and Aaron Green next year....

my reference is to all the top recruits we have offered, who have not listed us as a school of interest and there are plenty of them. we are still falling out of consideration very quickly, without even a visit being considered. it's just a trend, as i read here, that concerns me. we are far from recruiting a top class and that is understandable at this point, but we don't seem to be making any inroads either. i just wish these kids would at least consider a visit, as many of them have already written us off...just makes for a frustrating read right now...

I think that you have to remember that there is still a stench on NU from two years ago and honestly from a few of the games last year as well. To kids that are 17 or 18 all they know is the craptastic job BC did and that Bo is the new coach who had an okay season in their minds. Right now, lots of these kids are basically cold calls and cold calls dont hit a lot.

It will take one more season of good football, lots of tv games and talk in national media to change these cold calls into something more. My guess is that right now the letters from Nebraska end up in the same pile as the letters from Arizona, Vtech and WVU end up. The second level of recruiting right now compared to Florida, USC, UT, Bama and the likes of those schools. It will get there, it just takes time.

I think that you have to remember that there is still a stench on NU from two years ago and honestly from a few of the games last year as well. To kids that are 17 or 18 all they know is the craptastic job BC did and that Bo is the new coach who had an okay season in their minds. Right now, lots of these kids are basically cold calls and cold calls dont hit a lot.

It will take one more season of good football, lots of tv games and talk in national media to change these cold calls into something more. My guess is that right now the letters from Nebraska end up in the same pile as the letters from Arizona, Vtech and WVU end up. The second level of recruiting right now compared to Florida, USC, UT, Bama and the likes of those schools. It will get there, it just takes time.

fine assessment, spot on...thanks.

It is frustrating that some of the top kids are not visiting...however we do have some really good kids that have given their verbal. It will continue to gain momentum, but you cannot expect Bo to be pulling kids away from USC, Florida, etc... in his second year.

As stated above, if NU has another stellar year it will help with bringing in the top guys.

It is frustrating that some of the top kids are not visiting...however we do have some really good kids that have given their verbal. It will continue to gain momentum, but you cannot expect Bo to be pulling kids away from USC, Florida, etc... in his second year.

As stated above, if NU has another stellar year it will help with bringing in the top guys.

Bo does not seem to be a guy that is up for settling. I get the feeling that they are going for the big fish on their board, now whether their beliefs of big fish coincide with the recruiting sites is up for debate. More than anything the staff is being very selective this year, and sometimes that means passing up on good talent for great talent.

But the slowness of this recruiting cycle is frustrating.

Bo does not seem to be a guy that is up for settling. I get the feeling that they are going for the big fish on their board, now whether their beliefs of big fish coincide with the recruiting sites is up for debate. More than anything the staff is being very selective this year, and sometimes that means passing up on good talent for great talent.

But the slowness of this recruiting cycle is frustrating.

it is what it is...i guess i was just hoping more top notch kids would at least give us a look, rather than congregate at the USC's, UF's, LSU's etc. although i understand it is just Bo's 2nd year to recruit, i am not complaining about the job Bo is doing, i was hoping a few more big name kids would look at us a little harder, but as many have said, it will take time...summertime is a bummer for fans...... <_<

You have to realize we won't be landing the kind of recruits Florida, Texas and USC are. They are perennial championship contenders and have ESPN sucking them off 24/7. In order for us to start getting the attention of the 4 and 5 star recruits, we need to start winning Big 12 titles and be in the conversation for playing for a national championship.

IMO with Nebraska's tradition, facilities and coaches it only takes one year maybe two where we are playing in the big 12 championship to get the ball rolling. After last year's 9 win season I think a lot of recruits took notice of that. If we can make it to the big 12 championship this year get about 8-10 four star recruits then make the big 12 champ. game then next year and possibly win we will be well on our way. I know okie st is in a better location but just look at what is happening with them. They got better facilities and had a couple decent years and now recruits are really looking at them. That's with not even a quarter the amount of our tradition. If you win they will come.

Ya youre right about the kids growing up watching them lose. What I meant though was that if we start winning then that is what is going to catch a recruits eye. With enough interest we could get an official or unofficial and that's when they are going to see all of the all americans and academic all americans and NC's and heismans. They might even get to see a "highlight video" that was put together. To sum up, IMO winning and relationships will get us in the door and our tradition will take us to the next level.

• 2 months later...