Quentin Castille

Has anyone else noticed that Castille almost looks better running in space than he does in traffic? With his build and running style I think most people (myself included) thought he was going to be a pound it up the middle guy. But over the course of the year it almost appeared that Helu had more success in traffic than Castille. And of course everyone remembers what Castille did when he got out in space against Clemson. Something to think about...

I think people want Castille to be the big body guy, and they want Helu to be the guy good in space. Castille's size is what made him the candidate for short yardage situations, but Helu is much better at breaking tackles (as we saw multiple times this year). This year, the only difference between the two is roughly 10-15 pounds, but I still think Castille is the best man as far as short yardage (despite his fumblitis). I mean, we all saw how he laid the wood to that defensive back during the Kansas State game.

I think people want Castille to be the big body guy, and they want Helu to be the guy good in space. Castille's size is what made him the candidate for short yardage situations, but Helu is much better at breaking tackles (as we saw multiple times this year). This year, the only difference between the two is roughly 10-15 pounds, but I still think Castille is the best man as far as short yardage (despite his fumblitis). I mean, we all saw how he laid the wood to that defensive back during the Kansas State game.

and Iowa State...

Helu can break tackles using a wider array of moves... but Castille will typically blast into somebody and fall forward for an extra yard or two... which is why he sort of fell into the short yardage back.

IF Castille is given more carries where he can get in the open you will see him break a few more tackles (Clemson). Last year he still didn't play naturally until late in the season. Early in the year he could have had a couple of TD's that he botched (missed option pitch when he would have been gone... tripped over the yard lines a couple of times)

Later in the year it clicked for him... look for Helu and Castille to tear it up pretty equally. That is going to be a badass 1-2 punch.

Later in the year it clicked for him... look for Helu and Castille to tear it up pretty equally. That is going to be a badass 1-2 punch.

Don't forget about Ward. He will see playing time at the running back position this year.

That would be great. I love any time the not so touted recruit makes a splash for playing time. Seems like a great kid.

Don't forget about Ward. He will see playing time at the running back position this year.

I will defer to make that judgment until after I see him play tomorrow.

There was one article on him gaining the #3 spot on the roster... If Bobby and Sarah got A's on a spelling test, Timmy got a D, and everyone else failed, does that mean Timmy is really smart since he is third in the class and should be sent to the spelling bee?

Lets hope Timmy gets higher than a D tomorrow so he can prove me wrong. :corndance

What's kind of funny is that, aside from his size, he never not ONCE demonstrated any aptitude for the short-yardage game. I mean, good lord, how many times has he gotten it on third or fourth and one and not converted?

Edit: This reads like a hate post. It's not. :) I'm glad Castille has finally found his niche and that the running game got cooking.

That would be great. I love any time the not so touted recruit makes a splash for playing time. Seems like a great kid.

he may end up being the x factor in the backfield this year......either way it is nice to see another kid pushing for playing time.