T_O_B's take on the Spring Game

Green Will not be Redshirted until it is certain they will not need him. If for some ungodly reason Zac and LT go down, he is gonna have to be the one to come in unless we give T Martinez a shot at QB and he shows he can do it, however unlikely since he doesn't get here until fall.

Taylor Martinez, when he gets here in the fall, will start out at QB. Bo said so in his post spring game press conference.

And Cody Green will absolutely redshirt. It would take a severe rash of injuries to pull him out of a redshirt year.

Don't forget about Spano. He will be throwing again in June and will be back during the fall.

He might be back, but physically not completely back, and definitely not mentally back. It takes time to mentally overcome an ACL injury. You have to "know" that knee is fine. It can take awhile to trust it.

...Green Wonder? That's a GREAT nickname...we'll have to use it from now on.

How about Green Lantern? Green Acres? Greenback?

This post was in no way an attempt to make this turn into the Rex Burkhead nickname thread. haha :cop:

Green Lantern = Win

The Maudfather gets an internet high five.

We need an internet high five smiley. :highfive <_<

...Green Wonder? That's a GREAT nickname...we'll have to use it from now on.

How about Green Lantern? Green Acres? Greenback?

This post was in no way an attempt to make this turn into the Rex Burkhead nickname thread. haha :cop:

Green Lantern = Win

The Maudfather gets an internet high five.

We need an internet high five smiley. :highfive <_<

agreed. :nanalama

Green Will not be Redshirted until it is certain they will not need him. If for some ungodly reason Zac and LT go down, he is gonna have to be the one to come in unless we give T Martinez a shot at QB and he shows he can do it, however unlikely since he doesn't get here until fall.

Taylor Martinez, when he gets here in the fall, will start out at QB. Bo said so in his post spring game press conference.

And Cody Green will absolutely redshirt. It would take a severe rash of injuries to pull him out of a redshirt year.

:yeah

Just like LaTravis, I think Martinez will turn some heads too. He's way more of a threat than both Lee or Washington to take off if the play breaks down, but he can also make all the throws. His throwing motion leaves a little something to be desired and he has the ability to play anywhere on the field, but don't let the ATH next to his name fool you into thinking he doesn't have what it takes to play QB at the college level. He most definitely does.

One thing to point out as to why our secondary didn't look so hot in some of the game.

First off, we already know that the teams were split up evenly, but one thing we haven't discussed a lot is the vanilla play calling. We ran mostly out of a 4-3 and didn't really change our defenses to combat the offense, similar to how the offense didn't change a whole lot to combat the defense. And when the offense is calling the same handful of plays for an entire game and they know which ones work on a base defense, it will prove to have good offensive numbers.

One thing to point out as to why our secondary didn't look so hot in some of the game.

First off, we already know that the teams were split up evenly, but one thing we haven't discussed a lot is the vanilla play calling. We ran mostly out of a 4-3 and didn't really change our defenses to combat the offense, similar to how the offense didn't change a whole lot to combat the defense. And when the offense is calling the same handful of plays for an entire game and they know which ones work on a base defense, it will prove to have good offensive numbers.

Exactly. I wonder if we'll ever see a spring game of true 1's vs. 1's, with game-like calls?

Just like LaTravis, I think Martinez will turn some heads too. He's way more of a threat than both Lee or Washington to take off if the play breaks down, but he can also make all the throws. His throwing motion leaves a little something to be desired and he has the ability to play anywhere on the field, but don't let the ATH next to his name fool you into thinking he doesn't have what it takes to play QB at the college level. He most definitely does.

While I agree that Martinez is a bigger threat taking off if the play breaks down, but he does not have the arm strength of Zac Lee, Cody Green, or even LTW.

While I agree that Martinez is a bigger threat taking off if the play breaks down, but he does not have the arm strength of Zac Lee, Cody Green, or even LTW.

I didn't say that, I said he can make all the throws. There's a difference.