T_O_B's take on the Spring Game

:clap:clap:box:clap:box:clap:clap

First off, its just the Spring Game, so the real winner is the city of Lincoln. A big day for retail, lodging, resturants and bars and that's great in this time of economic uncertanty.

Cody Green, get ready to Red Shirt, sounds like we have two Jr's who can take care of business while you mature and learn for a year. L-T-Wash sounded like a starter and so did Z-Lee.

We have a stable of I-Backs. Helu, Q, Lester Ward and Collins Okafor are all a little different, and all, more than capable of gaining yards.

This game is not made to show case the Defence, but with the mind set of Bo-P and Bro C-D-P 0 (for Zero yards) I have faith in the resurgent Black Shirts.

Great day for Nebraska and the beginning of year two of the Pelini Era, I just hope it lasts 30 years and 300 victories.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers:bonez:bonez

No way he jumps ship. He wasn't frustrated at all he was just EXTREMELY nervous and it showed. Heck he's a 17 year old kid playing in front of nearly 80,000 fans, he has a right to be nervous at first.

Your absolutely right, and Bo felt the same way too. I have every confidence this kid is staying and as soon as he shakes his case of the jitters, he will be great addition to the QB spot. I think after a year of being red-shirted, sitting on the sidelines, learning the playbook, getting used to sight and sound of teammates and fans during the fall, he'll shake that nervousness. Truthfully what he experienced was just a Spring Game, imagine an actually game, or even a Rival game. Grrrr Missouri is gonna get it this year, i can feel it!

Green Will not be Redshirted until it is certain they will not need him. If for some ungodly reason Zac and LT go down, he is gonna have to be the one to come in unless we give T Martinez a shot at QB and he shows he can do it, however unlikely since he doesn't get here until fall.

Green Will not be Redshirted until it is certain they will not need him. If for some ungodly reason Zac and LT go down, he is gonna have to be the one to come in unless we give T Martinez a shot at QB and he shows he can do it, however unlikely since he doesn't get here until fall.

Well...yeah...your post isn't entirely logical. No one pre-determines who "redshirts" before the season. You can't petition the NCAA now and say Cody Green will redshirt in 2009. (at least as far as I know...correct me if I'm wrong.) What everyone is saying is that barring disaster (Lee goes down, Washington goes down) the odds are extremely high that Green will redshirt.

Taylor Martinez, when he gets here in the fall, will start out at QB. Bo said so in his post spring game press conference.

And Cody Green will absolutely redshirt. It would take a severe rash of injuries to pull him out of a redshirt year.

Taylor Martinez, when he gets here in the fall, will start out at QB. Bo said so in his post spring game press conference.

And Cody Green will absolutely redshirt. It would take a severe rash of injuries to pull him out of a redshirt year.

:yeah

...Green Wonder? That's a GREAT nickname...we'll have to use it from now on.

How about Green Lantern? Green Acres? Greenback?

This post was in no way an attempt to make this turn into the Rex Burkhead nickname thread. haha :cop:

Green Lantern = Win

The Maudfather gets an internet high five.

Don't forget about Spano. He will be throwing again in June and will be back during the fall.