I Love Me Some Me

I'm so glad this guy didn't choose to play for Nebraska.

"Obviously, I know me and I feel like I have the best arm of the bunch,'' Freeman said. "I feel like when it comes down to it, the ability to make something happen and extend plays is my X factor. I'm a big guy, a strong guy, extremely hard to sack. And I feel my ability to avoid the sack and make something happen in the end is what I do better.''

So why was Freeman selected so much later than Stafford and Sanchez?

"I think it comes down the school I went to,'' Freeman said. "I mean, I've worked out with both those guys. I think they're really good. I'd take me over them. I think it comes down to they went to Georgia, which is a good, competitive team in the SEC and Mark Sanchez went to USC, who pretty much wins the Pac-10 every year. I think it really came down to them going to better schools and winning more games and stuff like that, that had me going 17th or dropping this low.

"Like I said, they're good quarterbacks. I don't take anything away from them. If I had a pick, I'd take myself.

"I feel I'm the better quarterback but they're getting more of the hype. I have the rest of my career to prove that I'm the best guy and I'm looking to do everything in my power to make that so.''

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/04/fre...b-in-draft.html

"Obviously, I know me and I feel like I have the best arm of the bunch,'' Freeman said. "I feel like when it comes down to it, the ability to make something happen and extend plays is my X factor. I'm a big guy, a strong guy, extremely hard to sack. And I feel my ability to avoid the sack and make something happen in the end is what I do better.''

"I think it comes down the school I went to,'' Freeman said. "I mean, I've worked out with both those guys. I think they're really good. I'd take me over them. I think it comes down to they went to Georgia, which is a good, competitive team in the SEC and Mark Sanchez went to USC, who pretty much wins the Pac-10 every year. I think it really came down to them going to better schools and winning more games and stuff like that, that had me going 17th or dropping this low.

"Like I said, they're good quarterbacks. I don't take anything away from them. If I had a pick, I'd take myself.

"I feel I'm the better quarterback but they're getting more of the hype. I have the rest of my career to prove that I'm the best guy and I'm looking to do everything in my power to make that so.''

All I have to say to that is...

sAXf8X9gdJg

All I have to say to that is...

sAXf8X9gdJg

:yeah:rollin

LOL.

Extremely hard to sack?

Pretty sure we pulled him down at LEAST twice during our 2008 match up.

Suh and Co got him 4 times in that game. However KSU was 24th in the Nation in sacks allowed in 2008, giving up just 16. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a MAN named Suh kicking your a$$.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable. It's only in the aftermath of four years that we now finally understand how lucky we were he sent that text message. In retrospect it was like having a death sentence lifted, and that's saying something considering the coaching staff we had.

I believe that things usually work out for the best and that everything happens for a reason.

That's why I don't care one whit about losing a recruit to another school...no matter how high profile he happens to be.