Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

I may have to side with brasky on this one. I remember awhile back when them OU guys got in trouble with the whole car dealership thing, someone posted something about it a while before it got public. So, with that in mind, I won't rule out the whole underage thing. I just with our athletic department would just come 100% clean with all the details, so the rumors and speculation and be put to rest. Something still feels really fishy about this entire thing.

There is nothing fishy about it at all.

And it's sad really, because people are going to question the University, when in reality, they are taking the high road even though they are getting abused publicly.

And really, if it were something shady, someone would have been more than happy to bust this story by now. Especially since Cody made these comments about a big rules violation.

If there was nothing fishy they'd admit what happened and be done with it. You don't keep secrets unless the secrets are worth keeping.

I may have to side with brasky on this one. I remember awhile back when them OU guys got in trouble with the whole car dealership thing, someone posted something about it a while before it got public. So, with that in mind, I won't rule out the whole underage thing. I just with our athletic department would just come 100% clean with all the details, so the rumors and speculation and be put to rest. Something still feels really fishy about this entire thing.

And it's sad really, because people are going to question the University, when in reality, they are taking the high road even though they are getting abused publicly.

And really, if it were something shady, someone would have been more than happy to bust this story by now. Especially since Cody made these comments about a big rules violation.

If there was nothing fishy they'd admit what happened and be done with it.

100% Correct

100% Correct

No, it's not. Not in the least bit.

In high school, I had a teammate on my football team who got suspended from the team for violating "team rules". The coach and the kid kept quiet about it and only a few members on the team actually knew what happened, myself being one of them.

He didn't commit stat. rape and he didn't scalp tickets. He had sex in the equipment room. To save himself from public ridicule/embarrassment, we didn't tell anybody about it to spare him. We just left it at "he broke team rules".

Given nobody has any evidence, you guys don't know what the hell to think or what the hell happened.

100% Correct

In high school, I had a teammate on my football team who got suspended from the team for violating "team rules". The coach and the kid kept quiet about it and only a few members on the team actually knew what happened, myself being one of them.

He didn't commit stat. rape and he didn't scalp tickets. He had sex in the equipment room. To save himself from public ridicule/embarrassment, we didn't tell anybody about it to spare him. We just left it at "he broke team rules".

Given nobody has any evidence, you guys don't know what the hell to think or what the hell happened.

I feel like that story is supporting your opposition...

100% Correct

The fact he is lying is the tell that he is trying to keep the reality of the situation from being known. Therefore if there is nothing fishy about the incident he would come out with it. People lie for a reason and that reason is to hide or hide from the truth.

So again, it's 100% correct. And it is in the complete bit.

They're talking about the university's role in this, Vince.

Obviously Cody Glenn did something bad, or he wouldn't be lying. But if you follow the argument, you'll see the concern is whether Bo/TO/the University are doing something shady or improper in keeping this quiet.

In no way is Enhance's story "supporting the opposition". Not in the least bit.

really? enhance's example was a good one. what was so fishy about what that coach did? did the kid break rules? yeah. was it a shady/fishy deal? no, they were just sparing a kid who broke team rules unnecessary public embarrassment.

that's not to say this is what happened here. but that's an example of why the university keeping mum about this doesn't mean they are doing anything fishy. necessarily.

100% Correct

The fact he is lying is the tell that he is trying to keep the reality of the situation from being known. Therefore if there is nothing fishy about the incident he would come out with it. People lie for a reason and that reason is to hide or hide from the truth.

So again, it's 100% correct. And it is in the complete bit.

Going by what happened to my teammate in high school, it is completely reasonable that Glenn just doesn't want to be put out there for people to judge him and ridicule him.

Why not lie, if he doesn't want people to know what exactly happened? Just because he lied doesn't necessarily mean that something fishy is going on, it also could mean what really happened is something he is embarrassed by. Who are any of us to force him to tell us something he doesn't want to?

I'm sure all of us have skeletons in our closet that, if asked about, we would lie depending on the situation. It's not fair to ask for him to divulge something personal to the entire nation when many of you would most likely not be willing to do the same thing with something personal in your own lives.

If there was nothing fishy they'd admit what happened and be done with it. You don't keep secrets unless the secrets are worth keeping.

You really need to read between the lines on why this story can not be told. If it only affected Cody, news reporters would be lined up to tell the story, dontcha think?

Heck, you think the guys at the KC Star would hesitate to bust us in a scandal that could be so easily told with Cody doing the crap he is now? You think folks haven't dug to find out the story?

Quit being naive for a second.

The only story here is the story people want to hear but cannot.

It's a personal issue and sometimes people need to respect others privacy.

You really need to read between the lines on why this story can not be told. If it only affected Cody, news reporters would be lined up to tell the story, dontcha think?

Heck, you think the guys at the KC Star would hesitate to bust us in a scandal that could be so easily told with Cody doing the crap he is now? You think folks haven't dug to find out the story?

Quit being naive for a second.

The only story here is the story people want to hear but cannot.

It's a personal issue and sometimes people need to respect others privacy.

Who's being naive Kay?