Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

I know that I didn't do any name calling but with regards to that, I do recall you (braskypants) throwing out a jacka$$ comment towards someone.

Yeah, I wonder why...?

I apologized to the guy I called a jackass and admitted it was uncalled. I'm stilling waiting for others to admit the same.

No I'm saying it's ridiculous how everyone piled on you just because you said something that they didn't want to hear. And guess what everyone, he was right about it! It's really easy to say "yeah, just drop it, this thread is getting too heated" now that you've been basically shown up. A lot of you should feel like idiots right now. (I know I'm not supposed to say that but I don't think anyone's feelings will be hurt)

I just found this thread, braskypants' story is 100% correct...

CG is lucky he's not in jail right now.

yet again, without sources or anything nothing will be worth a damn.. brasky said Kenny Wilson told him for what it's worth.. But here you go, 1st post, and no source. just pointing that out....

I had a long response typed out, but decided to delete it. Basically I was with a group of guys at Jimmy John dt Lincoln and CG knew one of them. That's when I found out during that conversation.

Wow ..

I haven't came on this board in a long time due to some lingering health issues and I see this. I honestly cannot believe Cody said this.

I will say, with absolute 100% certainty, Cody was absolutely NOT kicked off the team for selling tickets. If he were scalping tickets and a player, the NCAA would absolutely rip us a new one. Not only that, but for us attempting to keep a known NCAA violation like that under wraps, we would be looking down the barrel at SEVERE violations and sanctions.

For Cody to lie about what happened to save his own rear end and put this cloud around the football team is disgraceful. Not only that, but it is a direct slap in the face to Bo and Tom who saved his butt in a situation they did not have to. His problems had nothing to do with the school, but yet they stepped in to help the guy and this is how he repays them.

I really don't understand Cody. And for him saying what he did, he's dead to me as a Husker.

:yeah

How dare he say something that puts the reputation of the Athletic Department - specifically Bo and Tom - in jeopardy after they helped him get out of his situation. What a complete lack of gratitude and respect.

If I were the Redskins, I would not want somebody of his character on my team (maybe they do).

So for all those bashing me yesterday and calling me troll, etc will you at least take back all the names you called me.

Once again I still don't expect some of you to believe me but at least give me the benefit of the doubt by admitting my story is sounding alot more plausible than it did at this time yesterday.

Plausible, but still not likely at all.

You keep saying we can "choose to believe you or not", but considering you have nothing to back up your story other than severe speculation and what you think people are hinting towards, it is very hard to believe you.

The simple fact of the matter is that I could say I think he got suspended because he flew to the moon during practice to grab a couple of moon rocks, and the lack of information (that you seem to think supports your claim) supports mine just as much.

*Edit* Considering it was confirmed that it had nothing to do with tickets, I redact my last point. But still, why would something as serious as stat rape be covered up by Nebraska and the Redskins..?

So for all those bashing me yesterday and calling me troll, etc will you at least take back all the names you called me.

Once again I still don't expect some of you to believe me but at least give me the benefit of the doubt by admitting my story is sounding alot more plausible than it did at this time yesterday.

You keep saying we can "choose to believe you or not", but considering you have nothing to back up your story other than severe speculation and what you think people are hinting towards, it is very hard to believe you.

The simple fact of the matter is that I could say I think he got suspended because he flew to the moon during practice to grab a couple of moon rocks, and the lack of information (that you seem to think supports your claim) supports mine just as much. Either way, the Redskins confirmed that it involved something with tickets, and some people really think they would lie to cover up something else? Right.

And our athletic confirmed it had nothing to do with tickets. The same people that reported cody was suspended for tickets also said he missed the big 12 championship game because of it. Obvisouly those people didn't do much research into the situation.

The simple fact of the matter is that I could say I think he got suspended because he flew to the moon during practice to grab a couple of moon rocks, and the lack of information (that you seem to think supports your claim) supports mine just as much. Either way, the Redskins confirmed that it involved something with tickets, and some people really think they would lie to cover up something else? Right.

And our athletic confirmed it had nothing to do with tickets. The same people that reported cody was suspended for tickets also said he missed the big 12 championship game because of it. Obvisouly those people didn't do much research into the situation.

:yeah sorry enhance89, it has been confirmed by UNL that Cody wasn't selling tix. Cody even admitted as much yesterday and today to the University. As to WHY he said what he did........... :dunno

Published Tuesday April 28, 2009

NU Football: Glenn's suspension not related to an NCAA infraction

BY JON NYATAWA

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Nebraska officials still are not saying why linebacker Cody Glenn was suspended from the Husker football team in November. They are saying that Glenn's infraction within the football program did not constitute an NCAA violation.

Glenn, who was drafted in the fifth round on Sunday by the Washington Redskins, told the Washington Post that he was suspended for selling tickets, typically considered against NCAA rules.

"I got caught up selling some tickets that I wasn't supposed to be doing," Glenn told the Washington Post. "Coach (Bo) Pelini did what he had to do."

But two members of the Nebraska athletic department's compliance office said Glenn was not suspended for anything that would be considered a violation of NCAA rules.

Gary Bargen, Nebraska assistant athletic director for compliance, said he spoke with Glenn Monday and concluded that no violation occurred.

"I don't know all the particulars of the suspension, but I am aware that it doesn't involve any NCAA violation," Bargen said.

Josh White, NU assistant athletic director for compliance and planning, was also unaware of any NCAA violation involving Glenn.

"From what our office knows Cody was suspended for violating team rules and not NCAA rules," White said in a text message.

According to NCAA bylaws, athletes are not allowed to receive money for the four complimentary tickets provided to them by the athletic department. And those tickets are not to be distributed in a hard copy format. Instead, schools are to issue admittance through a pass list. Also, a student-athlete may not purchase tickets for an intercollegiate event and then sell them for more than their face value.

Glenn did not immediately return a phone message on Monday.

NU coach Bo Pelini said in November that Glenn was suspended for a violation of team rules and that no one would have any further comment on the situation.

When contacted about the reasons for Glenn's suspension again on Monday, a Nebraska spokesperson referred a reporter to Pelini's November statement.

In statements made to reporters in Washington on Sunday, Vinny Cerrato, Redskins executive vice president/football operations, commented on Glenn's suspension at Nebraska.

"That was for the ticket sales," he said. "You know what, our scouts do a good job with all the information we get. I talked to their people down there and we felt comfortable with everything."

Redskins coach Jim Zorn also told reporters on Sunday that Glenn's off-field issues were discussed.

"We feel like it was an unfortunate situation for him and it is interesting," Zorn said. "You see a lot of those guys that have made errors in their lives. Their reputation follows them and so we had to deal with that as well. Talk things through with coaches, with the people in that program and as we put him on our board, you know we took off a lot of guys on our board, he was one guy we didn't take off even though he had a little blemish there in his time at Nebraska."

Glenn was on hand for Nebraska's spring game April 18. He told The World-Herald Sunday that he will graduate in two weeks.

He was Nebraska's fifth-leading tackler last season, piling up 51 total stops until the suspension. He had been an I-back until midway through spring practice in 2008.

Published Tuesday April 28, 2009

NU Football: Glenn's suspension not related to an NCAA infraction

BY JON NYATAWA

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Nebraska officials still are not saying why linebacker Cody Glenn was suspended from the Husker football team in November. They are saying that Glenn's infraction within the football program did not constitute an NCAA violation.

Glenn, who was drafted in the fifth round on Sunday by the Washington Redskins, told the Washington Post that he was suspended for selling tickets, typically considered against NCAA rules.

"I got caught up selling some tickets that I wasn't supposed to be doing," Glenn told the Washington Post. "Coach (Bo) Pelini did what he had to do."

But two members of the Nebraska athletic department's compliance office said Glenn was not suspended for anything that would be considered a violation of NCAA rules.

Gary Bargen, Nebraska assistant athletic director for compliance, said he spoke with Glenn Monday and concluded that no violation occurred.

"I don't know all the particulars of the suspension, but I am aware that it doesn't involve any NCAA violation," Bargen said.

Josh White, NU assistant athletic director for compliance and planning, was also unaware of any NCAA violation involving Glenn.

"From what our office knows Cody was suspended for violating team rules and not NCAA rules," White said in a text message.

According to NCAA bylaws, athletes are not allowed to receive money for the four complimentary tickets provided to them by the athletic department. And those tickets are not to be distributed in a hard copy format. Instead, schools are to issue admittance through a pass list. Also, a student-athlete may not purchase tickets for an intercollegiate event and then sell them for more than their face value.

Glenn did not immediately return a phone message on Monday.

NU coach Bo Pelini said in November that Glenn was suspended for a violation of team rules and that no one would have any further comment on the situation.

When contacted about the reasons for Glenn's suspension again on Monday, a Nebraska spokesperson referred a reporter to Pelini's November statement.

In statements made to reporters in Washington on Sunday, Vinny Cerrato, Redskins executive vice president/football operations, commented on Glenn's suspension at Nebraska.

"That was for the ticket sales," he said. "You know what, our scouts do a good job with all the information we get. I talked to their people down there and we felt comfortable with everything."

Redskins coach Jim Zorn also told reporters on Sunday that Glenn's off-field issues were discussed.

"We feel like it was an unfortunate situation for him and it is interesting," Zorn said. "You see a lot of those guys that have made errors in their lives. Their reputation follows them and so we had to deal with that as well. Talk things through with coaches, with the people in that program and as we put him on our board, you know we took off a lot of guys on our board, he was one guy we didn't take off even though he had a little blemish there in his time at Nebraska."

Glenn was on hand for Nebraska's spring game April 18. He told The World-Herald Sunday that he will graduate in two weeks.

He was Nebraska's fifth-leading tackler last season, piling up 51 total stops until the suspension. He had been an I-back until midway through spring practice in 2008.

Another wrinkle...the redskins say they talked to the coaches about it and the coaches apparently confirmed the tickets story? I hope this doesn't get ugly for the program. :(

Ok, so given it has nothing to do with tickets, my other point still stands. I could say he went to the moon during practice to pick up a couple of moon rocks, and the evidence (which you seem to think supports your claim) equally supports mine, which goes to show we literally know nothing about the situation.

Because, I mean, missing practice would be a violation of team rules.

I don't think NFL teams put nearly as much research into 5th round picks as they do potential 1st rounders. There's probably 100+ guys they would be looking at in the draft. They can't polygraph them all. What kind of check they actually did on Glenn besides talking to him, I don't know. Maybe they asked someone from the school why he was dismissed, and they said "team rules", so they put 2+2 together and got 5. Worst case for them, they decide to turn him loose and have only lost a 5th round pick, not a huge deal compared to losing a #1 or #2.

fwiw, I've heard the same story as braskypants from two different sources that I consider pretty good. But I don't know the whole trail of how they found out, so I'm not going to swear by it. I realize I haven't given any solid information, and I'm not going to defend it, so believe what you want. Since no charges were filed, the newspapers don't have any solid evidence either, so I suspect that's why they aren't printing anything. It'd be libel without the proof. If it happened.

Its a shame we are still discussing this when we should be talking about the upcoming season.

"braskypants" did get a lot of heat but the tone of his posts was such that... well he kind of asked for it and basically got what he deserved. Glen has proven to be someone who takes liberties with the truth. He's off to Washington and is now their problem and no longer ours.

We do not know, we may never know, what his infraction was other than he violated team rules.

T_O_B

Ok, so given it has nothing to do with tickets, my other point still stands. I could say he went to the moon during practice to pick up a couple of moon rocks, and the evidence (which you seem to think supports your claim) equally supports mine, which goes to show we literally know nothing about the situation.

Because, I mean, missing practice would be a violation of team rules.

Except I know what happened. Sometimes the truth hurts. You honestly think he would lie about missing practice? That makes about as much sense as your moon theory.