Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

I hope whomever spread the statutory rape rumors feels guilty. :(

Nope because they are 100% true. The tickets thing was used by athletic department to divert attention away from what really happened.

Come on do expect him to admit to statuary rape? He'd be put in jail. The only reason he was never charged in the first place is because athletic department and the booster dad kept things quite.

I know nobody on here believes this but I'll see which on of you is still talking if/when the real story ever comes out.

So you think TO and Bo are lying for Cody? I'm assuming the NFL teams checked the story with them. I don't see them lying to help a kid's pro career. Conspiracy theorists unite!

Brasky is probably just trolling.

Either way, considering I were to actually believe that YOU believe he committed rape, find me one actual peace of hard evidence. Considering all you have is hearsay/word of mouth, all I can do is hold myself back and not personally flame you because it is against board rules.

Just know this, your position on this is a failure considering you have no hard evidence and board posters will take you much less seriously from here on out no matter what.

I really don't care if he had sex with a younger girl (happens all the time) or sold tickets. He was punished by not getting to play an amazing Senior Day game and an amazing bowl game. He seems like a pretty likable guy and I'll be rooting for him with the Skins.

I have to admit it seems fishy that the whole thing was kept so private if it really was selling tickets.

But, it also seems pretty fishy that Bo would lie to someone in the Redskins organization to help Cody. I'm not naive enough to think Bo is some kind of saint, but he doesn't strike me as someone that would go out of his way to tell a bold face lie to someone like that.

So, to me, neither story holds up particularly well.

I really don't care if he had sex with a younger girl (happens all the time) or sold tickets. He was punished by not getting to play an amazing Senior Day game and an amazing bowl game. He seems like a pretty likable guy and I'll be rooting for him with the Skins.

I have to admit it seems fishy that the whole thing was kept so private if it really was selling tickets.

But, it also seems pretty fishy that Bo would lie to someone in the Redskins organization to help Cody. I'm not naive enough to think Bo is some kind of saint, but he doesn't strike me as someone that would go out of his way to tell a bold face lie to someone like that.

So, to me, neither story holds up particularly well.

Yeah..

I feel bad for believing (even remotely) what a poster that doesn't know the difference between "quite" and "quiet" is...Or spells like he copied Tuff Tiger's homework.

But it is sorta strange that if this is all it was..why not go public sooner and head off all the wild speculation?

I'd imagine, if there was any truth to the statutory rape thing, the Redskins were probably more concerned with what could later become publicized..and hurt their image. (Although..being Washington D.C...that might fit in with their image).<_<

Bo wouldn't need to lie to them..just assure them it was taken care of.

I look at this whole thing and I think, "T.O. is one of the straightest shooters there is, he is a man of God and to think he would be any part of any kind of coverup is beyond believeable. If Bo P. is part of a coverup, why would he do it and risk his career and future for a kid he inherited from Bill Callahan. Better to hang him out to dry and move on with the new program.

If it was, and I think it was, the selling of tickets on E-Bay, I can certainly see either the NCAA or the Nebraska Athletic Department finding out and immediately suspending the player.

Being the father of a young lady who is completing her Freshman year at UNL I can not imagine a father letting something like this be sweped under the table. I can not even come close to thinking this would happen, how could you ever face your family again?

T_O_B

There you go Crustypants, respond.

T_O_B

What's so unreasonable about the Athletic Department keeping this under wraps? Here is why I think it was a good idea this was kept on the down low until now.

1) It would be unnecessary attention to the program. I'm not saying ESPN would find this "breaking news", or anything, but why would a coach in his first year want to field questions/complaints about Cody Glenn? I'm sure he would rather just say "I'm not commenting on it" then actually have to deal with any mess that would follow.

2) It's better for Glenn. Why publicly humiliate him in front of the Husker fan base? Better it wait till he is gone and doesn't affect our team anymore for the news to come out.

Now here is what else we know: Bo plays his cards close to his chest. He never directly points out anything about anything, and always gives broad generalizations in all of his interviews. I mean, how many times have we heard him say "he is a heck of a football player" or "he's a good football player"? He says the same thing and maybe changes a couple of words every now and then. Do we really expect him to change for any situation?

I look at this whole thing and I think, "T.O. is one of the straightest shooters there is, he is a man of God and to think he would be any part of any kind of coverup is beyond believeable."

This is the main reason that I do not remotely believe the statutory rape deal. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that T.O. is sinless or anything, but knowing what I do of him and having read his book "Faith in the Game," I have a very difficult time believing that he would stand for outright lying about the issue, much less covering up a very serious sexual crime.

If by some stretch of the imagination this story ends up being true, it would really tarnish my view of T.O. as a fellow Christian.

I look at this whole thing and I think, "T.O. is one of the straightest shooters there is, he is a man of God and to think he would be any part of any kind of coverup is beyond believeable. If Bo P. is part of a coverup, why would he do it and risk his career and future for a kid he inherited from Bill Callahan. Better to hang him out to dry and move on with the new program.

If it was, and I think it was, the selling of tickets on E-Bay, I can certainly see either the NCAA or the Nebraska Athletic Department finding out and immediately suspending the player.

Being the father of a young lady who is completing her Freshman year at UNL I can not imagine a father letting something like this be sweped under the table. I can not even come close to thinking this would happen, how could you ever face your family again?

T_O_B

T_O_B...

If you ever get the chance..Read "Heart of a Husker".

I didn't think it was possible, but I admire Osborne even more after having read it.

But there has been incidents in the past, where even Tom has done some questionable things in order to protect players.

You may be placing your own daughter's personality or "upbringing" in place of the "theoretical" girl in question.

Can you not see an instance where you as a Father might rather have this swept under the rug?

Maybe this girl has a history of lying about her age, getting into compromising positions, maybe having problems dealing with lack of attention from you (her father)?

There are so many instances where I'd feel justified in keeping this between the parties already involved and not make a public spectacle out of it.

Even after knowing the numerous failures that have resulted in his handling of the Laurence Phillips situation..and the negative light it put on his own reputation..I'd bet Dr. Tom would still give LP another chance..he just won't give up on people...In the end..that's more important.

I look at this whole thing and I think, "T.O. is one of the straightest shooters there is, he is a man of God and to think he would be any part of any kind of coverup is beyond believeable."

This is the main reason that I do not remotely believe the statutory rape deal. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that T.O. is sinless or anything, but knowing what I do of him and having read his book "Faith in the Game," I have a very difficult time believing that he would stand for outright lying about the issue, much less covering up a very serious sexual crime.

If by some stretch of the imagination this story ends up being true, it would really tarnish my view of T.O. as a fellow Christian.

I'm no Biblical scholar..

But I was under the impression that the age of consent is very different in the Bible than it is in the majority of States...I'm guessing 12 in the Bible..so..I don't see a contradiction with any Christian values in this case..Theoretical or not.

I don't claim to know what is truth in this whole thing, but this is what I have heard being truth.

1. If he did get suspended for selling tickets, it would have been an NCAA violation that had to have been reported.

2. As some of you know, there are a good number of posters on the Rivals messageboards that have inside knowledge about the program, and there have been several who have had posts deleted, personal cease and desist messages from the mods and the like and all are very obviously hinting that it was in fact statutory rape. Three quotes from said posts are:

"...post here but i've received way too many "we need to talk" emails from _____ to risk it"

"...was for selling tickets ... had to forfeit games ... huge investigation that we would have heard about."

"...there is a father out there who personally met with TO ... disagree with the ticket scalping ... with consent some things break statutory laws."

for what it's worth.

Edit:: Husker37: You're completely missing the point.

LETS TAKE IT TO THE WOODSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk!

:yeah

I'll second that.... Braskypants I'm personally inviting you to the woodshed!

P.S. You need to retake 3rd grade English.

NOT IN THIS FORUM!

I'm not trying to get into trouble but he does kind of have a point. How many times does he have to ask us why ticket selling would be kept so quite before he realizes he meant to say quiet? :P lol I believe The AD and HC before I would believe any random forum guy.

I'm not gonna lie that there is a HUGE amount of smoke here, too much not to keep my suspicions aroused, and you all know the saying.

None of us want to believe that our staff here would do such a thing. I suspect that the people who are making these allegations are doing so because they so disapprove of it. If true, then the staff NEEDS to come clean about it. Still, we hope it's not, but given all the reports it's just very distressing, as a fan of this program.

Which one?

If you're refering to my last post, I mean..T.O. could probably justify stretching a "State Law" and still feel he hasn't compromised his "Christian beliefs".

Not related, but....

How else would you explain some extreme Mormon sects and their practice of "plural" Marriage or child brides? Sure..it's against the law, but according to their interpretation of their Bible, it's OK.

God's Law> (supercedes) State's Law

I don't claim to know what is truth in this whole thing, but this is what I have heard being truth.

1. If he did get suspended for selling tickets, it would have been an NCAA violation that had to have been reported.

2. As some of you know, there are a good number of posters on the Rivals messageboards that have inside knowledge about the program, and there have been several who have had posts deleted, personal cease and desist messages from the mods and the like and all are very obviously hinting that it was in fact statutory rape. Three quotes from said posts are:

"...post here but i've received way too many "we need to talk" emails from _____ to risk it"

"...was for selling tickets ... had to forfeit games ... huge investigation that we would have heard about."

"...there is a father out there who personally met with TO ... disagree with the ticket scalping ... with consent some things break statutory laws."

for what it's worth.

I'm not saying you or brasky are wrong, but until there is some hard evidence or "official" information on the matter and it gets released, then there is no reason to pursue this whole rape thing further. We should just leave it at tickets and be done with it.

Also, going along with your number one, I'm pretty sure you can report something to the NCAA and allow it to be kept close to the chest.