Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

What do the Redskins care, they interview 100s of players, I highly doubt they have to time to dig into everything. They have to take people at there word, if I were the Redskins I'd probably believe him too.

Washington head coach Jim Zorn told The Post the organization thoroughly investigated Glenn’s suspension before drafting him.

Those two seem to contradict, no?

Yikes. Now I wonder what the whole story will be (assuming we ever find out...)

Yeah..This is getting tough...

Let's see...Cody probably read the ticket scalping thing on this very board months ago..But forgot to run it by the AD to see if it could fly.

I'm still fuzzy about where the pet sheep are involved, or the Statue of the Farmers daughter.

dedhoarse

Do you think that, as a man of God, TO would be disappointed about the beer bongs in your picture?

New way to take communion?

This has been commented on many a time, and I would suggest you look closer at the picture. Look at how dark the liquid is. If that were to be beer, it would be one dark beer, probably a very dark lager, which no one in their right mind would ever "beer bong." I've never "beer bonged" beer in my life, though, so I wouldn't know for sure. Anyway, the liquid is root beer, and from a keg of root beer that my dorm bought to throw an end of the year party for our campus. I'm thinking I'm going to take it down just to stop people from making assumptions.

It is good to see the Christian judge each other instead of the rest of us. Although I don't think judging is part of your job description. As for the "I lost some respect for TO as a man of God" stuff. Really? That didn't happen years ago? He's a great man to be sure but he's just a man. Isn't that the point of the good Book? Even great men get put in tough decisions and don't always come out with the right answer.

I'm not judging, at least in my opinion. All I said was that I lost some respect for him if in fact he is covering it up. I think that Christians are called to keep one another accountable, and although I do not have a personal relationship with T.O., as a Christian, I think that it holding him to a scriptural standard is something that I and every other Christian is called to do. I don't think I am any holier than T.O., if anything he is probably a better Christian than myself, but that doesn't mean that I should not look to keep him accountable.

You do make a good point, though, that they have not commented on the situation. I hadn't thought about it in that way, and I appreciate you pointing that out. I would still be somewhat disappointed were that the case, but it is a bit different from straight-up lying about it.

'Macroboy' is 100% right. Judging is not in the Christian job description; that's God's business. God cares most about what is in your heart (good and bad), not what comes out of your mouth. It's like coveting, but not stealing...or lusting, but not cheating. It's being untruthful, but not lying.

...and you know what happens when you're untruthful, Doctor Tom.

:devil MUAHAHAHAHA!

Wow ..

I haven't came on this board in a long time due to some lingering health issues and I see this. I honestly cannot believe Cody said this.

I will say, with absolute 100% certainty, Cody was absolutely NOT kicked off the team for selling tickets. If he were scalping tickets and a player, the NCAA would absolutely rip us a new one. Not only that, but for us attempting to keep a known NCAA violation like that under wraps, we would be looking down the barrel at SEVERE violations and sanctions.

For Cody to lie about what happened to save his own rear end and put this cloud around the football team is disgraceful. Not only that, but it is a direct slap in the face to Bo and Tom who saved his butt in a situation they did not have to. His problems had nothing to do with the school, but yet they stepped in to help the guy and this is how he repays them.

I really don't understand Cody. And for him saying what he did, he's dead to me as a Husker.

Could it be he attempted to sell his tickets on e-bay, someone noticed, let the athletic dept know and they stopped it before they were sold?

No money transferred, so no NCAA violation.

Seriously, no one is going to comment on this? This is the only thing that has been stated that makes any sense and completely puts all the blame on Cody and kudos on the program for stopping it before violations occurred.

By the way, who cares if the stat rape thing is true? Blame the father or family of the young lady if you don't like it. They could have pressed charges, doubtful that any of that actually happened.

Pretty immature to make up a story and when you are proven wrong start publicly accusing everyone you can think of..here we go

I heard that Trev Alberts is involved, too. He was training under TO and wanted to know how to cover up things the right way. You know, learn from the master. :sarcasm

This is ridiculous, if you really believe this then go public to a newspaper. If you don't want to do that because you don't want to draw attention to it, that would be correct because the family didn't want to either.

Also, the tix selling this was the first rumor on here. I think that is probably the truth.

P.S. If you pay attention to the NFL after Roger Goodell took over as commissioner you know how scrutinized the teams and players are. They have to keep their nose clean or they will be suspended causing bad press and loss of a talented player.

Knowing that, do you still believe that they wouldn't investigate everything as completely as possible? You don't think they would make sure they were making an intelligent investment worth millions of dollars. I would guess you are a college student and don't understand business, especially they handling of millions of dollars.

Sorry, braskypants, dedhoarse I don't think your story holds water.

Big Willie:

I haven't always agreed with you on things, but have always repsected your opinion, and assume that you are one of the people on the board "in the loop". With that said, I ask you to give a few "hints" at what Cody did. I too, do not believe that he sold tickets....I have a few people "in the loop" and have heard "rumors"....but never posted them... In the Omaha paper, he almost thanked Bo for moving him to LB, which obviously gave him a chance to play in the NFL, but at the same time, put the University in jeopardy..... If he is "dead to you" as a Husker, don't feel bad about "giving him up"....inquiring minds want to know.