Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

I'll add that I had heard the event as Braskypants describes by two members of the media but they did not go public with it because:

Sometimes legal issues preclude newspapers from running stories because of the possibility of libel and such. That's why you've seen nothing written nor said on radio or TV -- anywhere.

It will not be pursued by anyone in the local media.

I find it very hard to believe, Bo and TO for that matter would lie to save a guilty kid. There isn't a coach alive that would put his future on the line for a football player. With the way coaching changes happen in today's world..... Nobody would risk any type of dmg to their reputation. Lying to the NFL team(s) just doesn't seem like a feasable story.

Being the father of a young lady who is completing her Freshman year at UNL I can not imagine a father letting something like this be sweped under the table. I can not even come close to thinking this would happen, how could you ever face your family again?

So I guess you've never seen The Program?

I'm no Biblical scholar..

But I was under the impression that the age of consent is very different in the Bible than it is in the majority of States...I'm guessing 12 in the Bible..so..I don't see a contradiction with any Christian values in this case..Theoretical or not.

The Bible doesn't really discuss age of consent, so not I would not say it is 12. In "Biblical" times, yes people did get married much younger, but the important thing to remember there is that marriage was involved before sex even entered into the relationship. But that's besides the point.

The point is that if he is covering up a serious crime and lying about it to do so, it seems very out of character for a man who is a strong leader and a Christian, and I would be somewhat disappointed.

Count me as one of the people that doesn't think the ticket thing is the real story.

Also, Bo and TO have told no lies. They have not commented on the issue. If the Stat Rape situation is true then Bo and TO, by not talking about it, are respecting the wishes of a father (and or family- sometimes fathers make decisions alone). They have engaged in lack of information but at no point have they been dishonest.

Maybe they feel that:

Cody was mislead on age and they did what they had to but don't want to burn the kids future.

That they are respecting the wishes if the family involved and helping the university avoid scandal.

I have 2 daughters and if I found out my underage daughter was sleeping with one of the state's worshipped athletes who knows how I would feel. I do know that having the whole issue drug through the press doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would want for my daughter or rest of my family. Wouldn't handling it internally be OK?

We also don't know what Bo said to the redskins. He could've stayed vague, refused to give details and still testified to Cody's ability and character quite easily.

The part that is sleazy to me is if the family came to the dept and said if you don't kick Cody off the team we go public. I find it more sleazy on the family's part than TO or Bo's.

It is good to see the Christian judge each other instead of the rest of us. Although I don't think judging is part of your job description. As for the "I lost some respect for TO as a man of God" stuff. Really? That didn't happen years ago? He's a great man to be sure but he's just a man. Isn't that the point of the good Book? Even great men get put in tough decisions and don't always come out with the right answer.

Quite frankly I haven't heard Bo or TO say one thing about this incident so they aren't lying. Maybe, when you look at all involved they did do the right thing.

And maybe Cody was just selling tickets.

I'm no Biblical scholar..

But I was under the impression that the age of consent is very different in the Bible than it is in the majority of States...I'm guessing 12 in the Bible..so..I don't see a contradiction with any Christian values in this case..Theoretical or not.

The Bible doesn't really discuss age of consent, so not I would not say it is 12. In "Biblical" times, yes people did get married much younger, but the important thing to remember there is that marriage was involved before sex even entered into the relationship. But that's besides the point.

The point is that if he is covering up a serious crime and lying about it to do so, it seems very out of character for a man who is a strong leader and a Christian, and I would be somewhat disappointed.

Do you think that, as a man of God, TO would be disappointed about the beer bongs in your picture?

New way to take communion?

Do you think that, as a man of God, TO would be disappointed about the beer bongs in your picture?

New way to take communion?

This has been commented on many a time, and I would suggest you look closer at the picture. Look at how dark the liquid is. If that were to be beer, it would be one dark beer, probably a very dark lager, which no one in their right mind would ever "beer bong." I've never "beer bonged" beer in my life, though, so I wouldn't know for sure. Anyway, the liquid is root beer, and from a keg of root beer that my dorm bought to throw an end of the year party for our campus. I'm thinking I'm going to take it down just to stop people from making assumptions.

It is good to see the Christian judge each other instead of the rest of us. Although I don't think judging is part of your job description. As for the "I lost some respect for TO as a man of God" stuff. Really? That didn't happen years ago? He's a great man to be sure but he's just a man. Isn't that the point of the good Book? Even great men get put in tough decisions and don't always come out with the right answer.

I'm not judging, at least in my opinion. All I said was that I lost some respect for him if in fact he is covering it up. I think that Christians are called to keep one another accountable, and although I do not have a personal relationship with T.O., as a Christian, I think that it holding him to a scriptural standard is something that I and every other Christian is called to do. I don't think I am any holier than T.O., if anything he is probably a better Christian than myself, but that doesn't mean that I should not look to keep him accountable.

You do make a good point, though, that they have not commented on the situation. I hadn't thought about it in that way, and I appreciate you pointing that out. I would still be somewhat disappointed were that the case, but it is a bit different from straight-up lying about it.

This has been commented on many a time, and I would suggest you look closer at the picture. Look at how dark the liquid is. If that were to be beer, it would be one dark beer, probably a very dark lager, which no one in their right mind would ever "beer bong." I've never "beer bonged" beer in my life, though, so I wouldn't know for sure. Anyway, the liquid is root beer, and from a keg of root beer that my dorm bought to throw an end of the year party for our campus. I'm thinking I'm going to take it down just to stop people from making assumptions.

Very good idea.

"For if somebody sees you, the one who has this knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, won't his weak conscience be encouraged to eat food offered to idols? Then the weak person, the brother for whom Christ died, is ruined by your knowledge. Now when you sin like this against the brothers and wound their weak conscience, you are sinning against Christ. Therefore, if food causes my brother to fall, I will never again eat meat, so that I won't cause my brother to fall."

:)