UN Officials had no idea about "ticket scalping"

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/0...04619241914.txt

quote that appeared in Monday’s Washington Post newspaper attributed to former Husker linebacker Cody Glenn was a surprise to some Nebraska officials.

After being drafted in the fifth round by Washington on Sunday, Glenn told The Post that he was suspended for NU’s final two regular-season games last year and the Gator Bowl because he had scalped tickets — which would be an NCAA violation.

That was a revelation to many.

“It was news to us too,” said Josh White, Nebraska’s assistant athletic director who handles NCAA compliance issues. “I don’t think it’s the case. ... I think Cody was trying to represent himself better.”

Glenn didn’t immediately return phone messages.

“I got caught up selling some tickets that I wasn’t supposed to be doing,” Glenn told The Post. “Coach Pelini did what he had to do.”

Husker head coach Bo Pelini has been mum on the reason for Glenn’s suspension since it happened in November. Asked for comment on Glenn’s quote, Pelini referred through a spokesman to his statement he had given on Nov. 11 when Glenn was initially suspended.

That statement read that Glenn had been suspended indefinitely from the Husker program for a violation of team rules. The statement concluded that “Coach Pelini has said that he, the remainder of the coaching staff and players will have no further comment on this matter.”

Gary Bargen, who, like White, is a Husker assistant athletic director for compliance issues, was attempting to reach Glenn but hadn’t talked to him about the matter as of early Monday afternoon.

“I have to talk to him again but we have never been informed that there were any NCAA violations at all,” Bargen said of ticket scalping.

Washington head coach Jim Zorn told The Post the organization thoroughly investigated Glenn’s suspension before drafting him.

The Journal Star is in the process of trying to reach the organization for comment.

Moving on. He got drafted and is on a NFL team. It is a new start for him

Maybe not. This could be the opening of a whole lot of issues for him.

There's no issues for Glen. The NCAA doesn't care about him now. It has ramifications for the university if Pelini knew, and didn't inform the NCAA.

Moving on. He got drafted and is on a NFL team. It is a new start for him

Maybe not. This could be the opening of a whole lot of issues for him.

There's no issues for Glen. The NCAA doesn't care about him now. It has ramifications for the university if Pelini knew, and didn't inform the NCAA.

Not so fast. If what he did wasn't scalping tickets and was something else, it could follow him to the NFL.

If what he did was scalp tickets and Pelini knew about so would have the Athletic Department and the compliance staff.

“I got caught up selling some tickets that I wasn’t supposed to be doing,” Glenn told The Post. “Coach Pelini did what he had to do.”

Not to split hairs, but he didn't say game tickets . . . tickets to a keg party? Any other illicit event - amoral yet not against NCAA rules. Just thinking like a lawyer - not one really, I just stayed at a Motel 6.

Did anyone else listen to Sports Nightly. I totally agree with LG. Cody is LYING. If he truly sold tickets and Bo knew about it he would have turned it over to the authorities. Not to mention Osborne, he would have been informed and part of the decision and niether he nor Bo would be taking chances with NCAA violations. Now I'm not sure what the ramifications are for selling tickets but Im sure its not much. So like I said I think he is lying. Im stickin with the stat rape deal I read about in the glenn thread

Well, SOMEONE is lying. Please let it be Cody Glenn who's lying because if I ever found out anyone in the administration was, I would then forever question the integrity of the whole AD office on down. I am not one to tolerate lack of integrity, fraud, deceit, etc. no matter how "holy" the shrine.

Either way, the actions of one damned player has jeopardized the whole team. Way to go. Good luck in the NFL and good riddance, Cody.