Witt to transfer to Yale, says Bo 'has been great'

Wow, such a different feel from the previous posts on this board about Witt leaving. Amazing what a nice presser will do for a young man.

I never degraded him. If you look back at the post about him leaving I wrote I felt he would sign with an Ivy league.

Ivy League diploma = $100,000 in the very near future. A shot at a meaningful future. Witt obviously has the mental acquieties to take advanage of an Ivy League education and all that comes with it.

Go Pat Go.

T_O_B

Yale? Do they even use the forward pass?

Ivy League diploma = $100,000 in the very near future. A shot at a meaningful future. Witt obviously has the mental acquieties to take advanage of an Ivy League education and all that comes with it.

Go Pat Go.

T_O_B

I think it's a locksmith school..

Nevermind that...but acquieties?

Did someone get a "New Word of the Day Calendar"?

whatzit mean?

Go Pat Go.

T_O_B

whatzit mean?

I'm pretty sure he meant acuity. Meaning he has the mental sharpness to put a degree from Yale to good use.

Dictionary: ACUITY (a·cu·i·ty) n. Acuteness of vision or perception; keenness; sharpness.

Could he not get into Yale coming out of HS?? Why go to NE and be the front runner for QB, and all of a sudden, decide to transfer to another school? If he's a smart dude, then he could have gone for a Master's in an Ivy League school. BTW - he was pursuing a degree in finance.

It still is confusing, and I don't think we are getting 100% of the story. For being such a smart guy, it seems like a boneheaded move to throw away all the time you spent to get to the top of an organization.

Could he not get into Yale coming out of HS?? Why go to NE and be the front runner for QB, and all of a sudden, decide to transfer to another school? If he's a smart dude, then he could have gone for a Master's in an Ivy League school. BTW - he was pursuing a degree in finance.

It still is confusing, and I don't think we are getting 100% of the story. For being such a smart guy, it seems like a boneheaded move to throw away all the time you spent to get to the top of an organization.

A lot of young men are dazzled by the bright lights cast from being recruited. Couple that with the adolation that you experience, and it's possible that he simply wanted it all to continue - and only later realized the right choice, for him, was Yale.

Wow, such a different feel from the previous posts on this board about Witt leaving. Amazing what a nice presser will do for a young man.

:laughpound

I found this interesting...

Witt denied speculation that he made demands to Pelini about playing time or requested that NU name a starting QB in the spring.

I don't believe him...

Because, people I know, who are much closer to the daily ins and outs of the program than I am, say that this is exactly what happened.

As for Witt denying he made demands for PT or to be named a stater...just look at what we witnessed recently with the Cody Glenn fiasco.

I have nothing against Patrick Witt, I wish him all the best and I know he'll go a hell of a lot further in life with a diploma from Yale than he would Dear Old Nebraska U.

Go Pat Go.

T_O_B

whatzit mean?

I'm pretty sure he meant acuity. Meaning he has the mental sharpness to put a degree from Yale to good use.

Dictionary: ACUITY (a·cu·i·ty) n. Acuteness of vision or perception; keenness; sharpness.

Wow..I was WAY off!

After a couple attempts at googling it, I thought it was a lack of that sound your brain makes the first time you try doing a hard Calculus problem. :wacko: