SIGNED RB Aaron Green

So i'm liking this years recruiting talk.... Jeremiah Rasco still has us in the race, Aaron Green is said to have NU as the clear front runner, Cyrus Hobbi says he's going to take an official visit to see us, Wayne Lyons has us in his final 11, Todd Peat has us in his top group, Todd Barr has us in his top group, Patrick Onwasour says we are the first school he is going to visit... LOTS of good news this year at this point in the recruiting process.

P.S. Just trying to help Aaron's thread get longer to beat OWA.

LOVE the stoke on being in Waynes top 11.............

:ahhhhhhhh:koolaid2:

I have a hunch Aaron's process might end sooner than later. On shaggybeaver there is a rumor Malcolm Brown is going to commit to Texas in a few weeks. Which in turn will lead Aaron to end his process. Fingers crossed!

I think are chances are of getting A Green go up to the high nineties if Malcolm goes "smallhorn". If Malcolm goes Bama, I say our chances are still in the seventies.

Even though I would hate for Texas to get their man, I would like it if increases our chances to get our man.

I really liked seeing the 1 vs 1's at the Top Gun Camp last week. A. Green looked really good.

+1 good post! Even if MB goes Bama, I still think Green comes here. Texas made a mistake of not taking a "true" runningback the last couple of years. Now they put all of their eggs in malcolm's basket, leaving Green for us. If they miss on Malcolm they will push even harder for Johnathan Gray who is a 2012 recruit.

What Malcolm does doesnt have much bearing on Aaron. The word is that if Malcolm did in fact commit to Texas it would increase Texas's chances of getting Green slightly, but not significantly.

When is aaron expected to commit again? I forgot, I thought that he ws going to commit before the season or in the middle of the season. I thought that the "recruting"process was getting to him.

When is aaron expected to commit again? I forgot, I thought that he ws going to commit before the season or in the middle of the season. I thought that the "recruting"process was getting to him.

who the hell is aaron green anyways and why are we so high on this kid... i forget

:LOLtartar

(this will surely propell us past 50 + page thread right)

who the hell is aaron green anyways and why are we so high on this kid... i forget

:LOLtartar

(this will surely propell us past 50 + page thread right)

Sorry for making you forget man... I shouldnt of hit you on the top of the head with that rock

What Malcolm does doesnt have much bearing on Aaron. The word is that if Malcolm did in fact commit to Texas it would increase Texas's chances of getting Green slightly, but not significantly.

do we really know that texas would take both? thought they were running out of scholarships and the last few were going to a DT (russell), a RB and austin seferien-whatever the TE. :dunno

do we really know that texas would take both? thought they were running out of scholarships and the last few were going to a DT (russell), a RB and austin seferien-whatever the TE. :dunno

IF they would get both they would take both. But they will not get both. As it was stated previously Texas is going hard after Malcolm Brown and has basically stopped recruiting Aaron.

ASJ will definately be the next best thing for an offense if the crap hits the fan. I live 15 miles away from Gig Harbor HS (Where he goes) and have heard some things from my friends in HS, he will be monstrous. Although i'm hoping UDub can land him since we didn't get Jake Heaps.

I don't think they'd take both. They're looking for 2 playmakers on offense, and ASJ is a good enough weapon to replace one of these two if they get the other.

You dont just not except a committment from one of the best backs in the state. We will never know if they would have excepted both though because that wont be the scenario at the end. Green will be a husker.

I don't think they'd take both. They're looking for 2 playmakers on offense, and ASJ is a good enough weapon to replace one of these two if they get the other.

You dont just not except a committment from one of the best backs in the state. We will never know if they would have excepted both though because that wont be the scenario at the end. Green will be a husker.

texas turns down talented players every year. they've got 22 commits currently for 2011. everything i've read indicates that their class was likely to be limited to 23. considering brown and sefarian-jenkins would put them at 24, i have to wonder whether they would really take green as well. perhaps they would indeed make room for him, but it seems doubtful. i was just wondering if anyone had heard either kid quoted as saying texas would or would not take them both.

in any case, it does appear that texas has cooled on green, perhaps making him more of a back-up plan to brown, or maybe they just realized that he's ours. in any case, i sure hope to see the kid making plays in red in about 13 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Cal just picked up Daniel Lasco a 4 :star runningback out of TEXAS.

:sarcasm I call BS. No high :star player out of Texas would ever commit to a school that wouldn't be playing regularly in the state of Texas. Someone MUST be yanking your chain. After all it's Cal not USC :sarcasm

• Fire 1