SIGNED RB Aaron Green

***SNIP***

Brown's choice could also affect another area running back, Madison's Aaron Green.

Green, a 5-foot-11, 190-pound back, has narrowed his choices to Florida State, Nebraska, California and Texas. He's the fifth-ranked running back in the nation according to Rivals.

Their high schools separated by 10 miles, Brown and Green became close friends while attending football camps and visiting colleges.

Steele and Madison meet in their season opener on Aug. 28 at Heroes Stadium, a game that will be televised on ESPN.

“It makes me think even harder about UT,” Green said. “I'm just proud of Malcolm. I knew he was going to pick Texas for a while, since it's close to home. It won't affect which school I pick too much, but Malcolm at Texas will always be in my mind.”

Hours before he made his commitment on Wednesday, Brown said that if he committed to Texas, he wouldn't try to persuade Green to be his teammate.

Brown said he didn't like it when others tried to talk him into picking a school, so he wouldn't do it to someone else.

***SNIP***

Who here has ever been interviewed by a reporter for a news paper? Do they always paint the picture exactly how it is or do they create a story out of no where? I have been interviewed by a reporter before and I would say that the latter is true.

With the above said we don't know the exact questions that were asked. When a reporter asks you a yes or no question and you answer either way, they will quote you as saying one or the other. For example, this reporter could have asked Aaron if he would give Texas another look now that Malcolm is there and if they contacted him again, he answers yes. So the reporter would write this: "Green said: 'I will think hard about Texas now that Malcolm is going there." You see what I mean?

Also, I find it extremely odd that now that Texas has Malcolm Brown that the contact would be open again with Aaron Green. That has come from nobody but the fans on ShaggyBevo. There is no way that any of them have that information in hand now. That came up about an hour after MB committed. That is quite the little time window for information like that to come out and be confirmed. I call bull sh#t. We have also seen some grade A bull sh#t come out of Texas lately. Remember how Aaron Green is only looking at us because Andrew is here? Yeah, we all know now how highly we should regard the word of the people on ShaggyBevo and Orangebloods.

His 4 favorites haven't changed which are: Cal, Florida State, Nebraska, and Texas. He is also looking at Texas A&M and Baylor (His dad and unlce played at Baylor).

Texas hasn't talked to him since mid summer because they've been too busy talking to Malcolm Brown.

• Fire 1

So the stuff about Aaron hearing from Texas again is complete BS.

we knew it was bullsh#t... i think with texas the only thing keeping them going right now is some sort of ego trip.... and when he comes to Nebraska it will be about how 'we didnt' want him' and 'you can go have our sloopy seconds type sh#t' but i'd be willing to flip the script and say they only went to Malcom (no disprespet) because they knew AG was leaning more to our direction.....

we knew it was bullsh#t... i think with texas the only thing keeping them going right now is some sort of ego trip.... and when he comes to Nebraska it will be about how 'we didnt' want him' and 'you can go have our sloopy seconds type sh#t' but i'd be willing to flip the script and say they only went to Malcom (no disprespet) because they knew AG was leaning more to our direction.....

I think they went after Malcolm because he's a more complete back and a freakish talent in his own right. No disrespect to Aaron, who is an outstanding RB as well. But an outstanding RB that they couldn't get.

The truth is almost all of the time we do have to accept the Longhorns' sloppy seconds, as do most any team that recruits Texas. But this is one case where it's gonna be different. I certainly hope so.

I think they went after Malcolm because he's a more complete back and a freakish talent in his own right. No disrespect to Aaron, who is an outstanding RB as well. But an outstanding RB that they couldn't get.

The truth is almost all of the time we do have to accept the Longhorns' sloppy seconds, as do most any team that recruits Texas. But this is one case where it's gonna be different. I certainly hope so.

yeah come oh!!! hahaha lets be postive here right about AG... he's gonna be WWAAAYY better than Malcolm

we gotta support our guy

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

His 4 favorites haven't changed which are: Cal, Florida State, Nebraska, and Texas. He is also looking at Texas A&M and Baylor (His dad and unlce played at Baylor).

Texas hasn't talked to him since mid summer because they've been too busy talking to Malcolm Brown.

i like where we stand, but the fact that texas is still one of the finalists despite the silent treatment says all you need to know about the allure of UT to texas kids. we should win, but it wouldn't be the first time texas swooped in late and took a kid.

i like where we stand, but the fact that texas is still one of the finalists despite the silent treatment says all you need to know about the allure of UT to texas kids. we should win, but it wouldn't be the first time texas swooped in late and took a kid.

I wouldnt read into Texas being much at all. Aaron is not just every other kid Texas has recruited in the past couple of years. His strong religous and family ties wont help Texas at all. This is not another Chris Whaley going on.