Marquise Hill now Mizzou SOFT commit

JULY 2, 2009. PREP STAR

MARQUISE HILL, ATH, 6-0, 165, ST. LOUIS (TRINITY CATHOLIC), MISSOURI

“I’m committed (verbal) to Missouri but I’m going to take some visits. I want to make sure I made the right choice. I have talked to Missouri coaches about it. There is two other schools that are interested in me Arkansas and Minnesota.” Hill said

Hill Likes SEC Competition

“I like Arkansas because you get to play against the bigs. I think it’s good (SEC) because you play with the best. You’re playing the Florida’s and the Georgia’s teams like that and my cousin Ronnie Wingo just went down there. It would be nice to play together.” Hill said

“I’m going down there (Arkansas) July 29.” Hill said, “It’s a good fit depending what side of the ball I play on. Arkansas is recruiting me as a wide receiver and kick returner. Arkansas coaches said if I want to play defense I can play D.”

“I like Arkansas’ offense real good,” says Hill, “Missouri’s offense I like it but it can be a down fall. You really don’t see a lot of their receivers in the NFL that are successful.”

“Minnesota Been On Me Since Day One”

“Minnesota is doing a real good job of recruiting me,” Hill said, “I think the coaches there have really been consistent recruiting me. That’s what I like about them. They have been on me since day one.”

“I haven’t been there (Minnesota) I will take my trip July 9. I can see the place there, I can really see if I like the place or whatever.” Hill said

Nebraska Not Out Of It

“I got a visit coming to Nebraska soon,” Hill said, “I’m still interested in Nebraska since Gabbert and Terry committed to them. Me and Tyler throw every week, I catch the ball from Tyler I know him very well. I met Keeston Terry on the 7 on 7 day I’m definitely interested in Nebraska.”

“I talk to coach Gilmore (Nebraska) a lot and my mom talks to him. Coach Gilmore is a straight forward guy, when you talk to him he will tell you the things to work on. I talk to Coach Watson sometimes too. I like Nebraska’s offense it’s where I can benefit from, that’s good.” Hill said

DecisionTime

“Once I take at least two or three visits get to every school and the talk to the coaching staff. I’m going take my visits when the season is over with.” Hill

Husker Journal Link

This would be huge to get this guy from Missery....but pretty difficult at the same time. I am not too worried about MN. When he visits he will see the new stadium and what not, but if he knows anything about the Gophers he will not sign with them.

Hopefully Gilmore can work some magic and get him to sign. I am sure Gabbert is working him a little too.

It would make sense for him to come to NU since he feels comfortable with Gabbert and already knows the offense is a good fit.

• 4 weeks later...

Marquise Hill is not listed a commit to MU anymore on the Rivals site.

Rivals also states that Arkansas & Minnesota are HIGH interest and Nebraska, along with Mizzou and everybody else, are LOW interest.

... black is white. up is down. joanie freakin' hates chachi.