Lindy's Preview: Husker lowlights

OK, so I would've preferred Steele's or Athlon, but this was all the local grocery store had. Let's just say it wasn't particularly pretty for us. They have us ranked #22 and finishing second in the North, which is totally fair IMO, but when it comes to individuals, it really shows we're going to have to be all about the team effort this season.

Indiv.

- Lee isn't among the top 25 QBs (understandable)

- Helu isn't among the top 25 RBs (a bit of a head scratcher I think)

- None in the top 20 WRs

- McNeil not in the top five TEs

- No OL in the top 24 (top 8 in each position)

- Suh #3 DT

- None in top 12 DEs

- None in top 24 LBs

- None in top 24 DBs

- Henery not in top eight kickers

Team (unit rankings)

- Not in top 10 backfields

- Not in top 10 receivers (Kansas #1, BTW)

- Not in top 10 OLs

- Not in top 10 DLs

- Not in top 10 LBs

- Not in top 10 DBs

All-Big 12 Team

Suh first team

Hickman, Asante second team

:dumdum

OK, so I would've preferred Steele's or Athlon, but this was all the local grocery store had. Let's just say it wasn't particularly pretty for us. They have us ranked #22 and finishing second in the North, which is totally fair IMO, but when it comes to individuals, it really shows we're going to have to be all about the team effort this season.

Indiv.

- Lee isn't among the top 25 QBs (understandable)

- Helu isn't among the top 25 RBs (a bit of a head scratcher I think)

- None in the top 20 WRs

- McNeil not in the top five TEs

- No OL in the top 24 (top 8 in each position)

- Suh #3 DT

- None in top 12 DEs

- None in top 24 LBs

- None in top 24 DBs

- Henery not in top eight kickers

Team (unit rankings)

- Not in top 10 backfields

- Not in top 10 receivers (Kansas #1, BTW)

- Not in top 10 OLs

- Not in top 10 DLs

- Not in top 10 LBs

- Not in top 10 DBs

All-Big 12 Team

Suh first team

Hickman, Asante second team

JTrain,

I know it would be some work, but could you post any big 12 players or teams that made those lists. I am just curious to see who they have there from the Big 12.

Henery being left off is a crock BTW. But then again they rarely give love to midwest kickers it seems like. Wolfert got very little outside of the big 12 and he ended up being the most accurate kicker in the history of the NCAA.

I can understand Helu only because of his limited body of work. Most teams around here know he is pretty talented, but a lack of starts and carries probably is what kept him off a list like that. Good news is he will be able to prove it this year

I know it would be some work, but could you post any big 12 players or teams that made those lists. I am just curious to see who they have there from the Big 12.

Henery being left off is a crock BTW. But then again they rarely give love to midwest kickers it seems like. Wolfert got very little outside of the big 12 and he ended up being the most accurate kicker in the history of the NCAA.

I can understand Helu only because of his limited body of work. Most teams around here know he is pretty talented, but a lack of starts and carries probably is what kept him off a list like that. Good news is he will be able to prove it this year

Lindy's, as a college football prognostication magazine, is by far one of the the ultimate star gazers. As far as Lindy's is concerned, a player's performance on the field is inconsequential. What really determines how good a player is...is his star rankings coming out of high school.

I think it will end up doing the team GOOD that players aren't getting preseason accolades. It will make them that much hungrier to prove themselves game-in and game-out.

GO BIG RED!

And who cares? Who the heck is LINDY? We could be nearly as accurate as these preseason mag's if we took the time to sift through our statements and compile the results/summaries into a magazine.

Lindy's, as a college football prognostication magazine, is by far one of the the ultimate star gazers. As far as Lindy's is concerned, a player's performance on the field is inconsequential. What really determines how good a player is...is his star rankings coming out of high school.

LOL aint that the truth. :clap

I mean I could be wrong here but I don't think I am. I mean it just seems to me that the people who put out Lindy's are just plain lazy and do absolutely no research on anything.

I have an idea, rather a little experiment I'm going to conduct...stay tuned.

• 4 weeks later...

I mean I could be wrong here but I don't think I am. I mean it just seems to me that the people who put out Lindy's are just plain lazy and do absolutely no research on anything.

I have an idea, rather a little experiment I'm going to conduct...stay tuned.

Well, how's the experiment coming along, Jen?

JTrain,

Sorry, Fro, I somehow managed to lose track of this thread and thus completely miss your post until just now. I'll go ahead and post them in case you haven't seen them yet:

INDIVIDUAL

QB (25):

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

4. Robinson

6. Reesing

13. Griffin

RB (25):

3. Hunter

6. Murray

22. Washington

WR (20):

1. Bryant

5. Briscoe

11. Shipley

13. Banks (KSU)

16. Meier

TE (5):

1. Gresham

C (8):

8. Hall (Texas)

G (8):

None

T (8):

1. Okung (Oklahoma St.)

3. Williams (OU)

4. Ulatoski (Texas)

5. Carter (Texas Tech)

DE (12):

5. Kindle (Texas)

DT (12):

1. McCoy

3. Suh

12. Whitlock (Texas Tech)

ILB (12):

4. Pawelek (Baylor)

OLB (12):

2. Weatherspoon

6. Lewis (OU)

9. Sexton (Oklahoma St.)

10. Clayton (OU)

11. Muckleroy (Texas)

CB (12):

None

S (12):

6. Lake (Baylor)

K (8):

None

P (8):

1. Epperson (Baylor)

"All Purpose" (8):

4. Bryant

6. Murray

7. Cox (Oklahoma St.)

TEAM

Backfields: 1. OU, 3. Oklahoma St., 4. Texas

Receivers: 1. Kansas, 5. Texas

OL: 3. Texas

DL: 2. OU

LB: 3. Oklahoma, 7. Baylor

DB: None

Better late than never? :dunno

We need to do something on the field before pulp rags like this take notice. It's been too long since we were relevant for them to automatically see that Helu should have a good year, our TEs could be some of the best in the country, Suh should be atop most awards lists and that in general we're improved.

What have we done lately to make them take notice?

JTrain,

Sorry, Fro, I somehow managed to lose track of this thread and thus completely miss your post until just now. I'll go ahead and post them in case you haven't seen them yet:

INDIVIDUAL

QB (25):

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

4. Robinson

6. Reesing

13. Griffin

RB (25):

3. Hunter

6. Murray

22. Washington

WR (20):

1. Bryant

5. Briscoe

11. Shipley

13. Banks (KSU)

16. Meier

TE (5):

1. Gresham

C (8):

8. Hall (Texas)

G (8):

None

T (8):

1. Okung (Oklahoma St.)

3. Williams (OU)

4. Ulatoski (Texas)

5. Carter (Texas Tech)

DE (12):

5. Kindle (Texas)

DT (12):

1. McCoy

3. Suh

12. Whitlock (Texas Tech)

ILB (12):

4. Pawelek (Baylor)

OLB (12):

2. Weatherspoon

6. Lewis (OU)

9. Sexton (Oklahoma St.)

10. Clayton (OU)

11. Muckleroy (Texas)

CB (12):

None

S (12):

6. Lake (Baylor)

K (8):

None

P (8):

1. Epperson (Baylor)

"All Purpose" (8):

4. Bryant

6. Murray

7. Cox (Oklahoma St.)

TEAM

Backfields: 1. OU, 3. Oklahoma St., 4. Texas

Receivers: 1. Kansas, 5. Texas

OL: 3. Texas

DL: 2. OU

LB: 3. Oklahoma, 7. Baylor

DB: None

Better late than never? :dunno

Thanks for the reply JTrain! I had forgotten about this thread also. :)