If Nebraska Stopped Playing Football...

Oh yeah I would also go to Montana and never come back and cry myself to sleep every night. But more than likely I would root for Georgia Tech, because I love the option that much even though its flexbone.

NEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDS!!!!!!!!

Lol sorry UGAHusker. I am just a big fan of the option and they are showing that it can still work if run properly. Doesn't Georgia Tech hold the series lead on Georgia? And I still believe Georgia should be the team in Atlanta.

I can't imagine pulling for another team...and I think I would curl up in the fetal position and just cry for days if it happened.

I think I would pull for Wisconsin or Penn State. It is hard to pull for Penn State, but I do enjoy watching them play football.

On a side note, I have always thought about if the Vikings left Minnesota. I just can't seem to cut my allegiance to them so them leaving would help me out tremendously.

Oh yeah I would also go to Montana and never come back and cry myself to sleep every night. But more than likely I would root for Georgia Tech, because I love the option that much even though its flexbone.

Lol sorry UGAHusker. I am just a big fan of the option and they are showing that it can still work if run properly. Doesn't Georgia Tech hold the series lead on Georgia? And I still believe Georgia should be the team in Atlanta.

If by holds the series lead you mean is down 39-59. Atlanta is okay, but Athens is the greatest college town in America. Atlanta has too many yankee transplants, whereas Athens is the "Classic" Southern city.

If Nebraska stopped playing football this year, what would you do? Would you stop following college football? Would you pick another team? What would you do?

Me, I'd probably cheer for the Jayhawks. Kansans and Nebraskans are pretty similar folks. We have similar values and similar senses of respect and honor. Bart Mangino is a good coach and, from what I can tell, a pretty good guy. I like his team and I like the fact that they're playing good football.

So, what would you do if Nebraska suddenly decided to shelve the football program?

I'd probably root for a team that I knew the coach's name. ;)

Last year I rooted for JMU because my daughter was in the band, so I figured if I was going to a lot of the games, I might as well pull for them. It was a good year to be on their bandwagon, plus they're in a different division. But she won't be in band this year, so I think I'll be going to games.

So I don't know, maybe another nearby team like Va Tech. I like Beamer, though he seems to get a lot of troublemakers. Let's see how Layne Stadium look in person this fall before I commit to that. I liked NC State ok when I lived in Raleigh.

I would stock up on dry goods and ammo and wait for the end.

Seriously, I love me some Mavs football, small time for sure but good ball and the small campus feel seems somehow more intimate.

You can have my Huskers when you pull them from my cold dead fingers.

If by holds the series lead you mean is down 39-59. Atlanta is okay, but Athens is the greatest college town in America. Atlanta has too many yankee transplants, whereas Athens is the "Classic" Southern city.

Got ya. I wasn't sure how that series was wins wise. I am not an expert on the Georgia teams at all, but now I have learned something new. I hear ya on Athens...bet it's a beautiful place. My thinking was Atlanta is the capital of Georgia so to me Atlanta should be their home. Sometimes the college is better off somewhere else though.

Got ya. I wasn't sure how that series was wins wise. I am not an expert on the Georgia teams at all, but now I have learned something new. I hear ya on Athens...bet it's a beautiful place. My thinking was Atlanta is the capital of Georgia so to me Atlanta should be their home. Sometimes the college is better off somewhere else though.

I can see the logic there, but in the cases I have seen (Columbia SC, Tallahassee, Baton Rouge, LA) it seems that too many other things are going on. In Athens or Auburn or Tuscaloosa, all you have is the respective university and the whole town IS the University 365 days of the year. Schools located in large metropolitan areas, state capitals, or, in Georgia Tech's case, both, often lose out of that college feel with so many other entities to contend with. Obviously, Lincoln Nebraska is a little different, but I still think I would prefer a school be located in a town that is completely dependant on the school for its survival.