If Nebraska Stopped Playing Football...

Creighton University

Oh, wait, they stopped playing in 1942. Something about a bad Spielberg movie the year before.

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Identify yourself!

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Captain Wild Bill Kelso, United States Army Air Corps, where the Hell am I?

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Barstow, where you coming from?

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: San Francisco, been chasing a Jap squadron for a day and a half. I lost 'em somewhere over Fresno.

Telephone Operator: I'm from Olene, Illinois.

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Tough Sh*t.

I would go with my distant, distant, distant 2nd favorite team, the University of Arizona Wildcats. Even though the school has a very small fraction of the tradition, respect, success, and well, everything that Nebraska has, I have taken a liking to them as a Phoenix resident who finds the ASU fans utterly obnoxious. With the direction their football and basketball teams have been headed lately, they are beginning to remind me more of Nebraska's sports programs.

I would go with my distant, distant, distant 2nd favorite team, the University of Arizona Wildcats. Even though the school has a very small fraction of the tradition, respect, success, and well, everything that Nebraska has, I have taken a liking to them as a Phoenix resident who finds the ASU fans utterly obnoxious. With the direction their football and basketball teams have been headed lately, they are beginning to remind me more of Nebraska's sports programs.

Really SaturnDrew? Then here is a clip you might enjoy.

QQT44IH1I2g

Oh yeah I would also go to Montana and never come back and cry myself to sleep every night. But more than likely I would root for Georgia Tech, because I love the option that much even though its flexbone.

:yeah

After more than 40 years of being a fan, I simply can't imagine following any team with anything approaching the fervor I have for the Husksers. So, what the hell - might as well look for a school that would at least evoke some kind of memory of the Huskers. And since so much of Nebraska's identity in football for most is based on the power I/option offense...well, you know.

This would be a very sad day indeed...luckily, none of us will ever witness it.

However, I will play this little game. I would choose Virginia Tech.

Michael, send me a message back-channel if you need a ticket for the game on September 19! Hokieluv

If Nebraska stopped playing football this year, what would you do? Would you stop following college football? Would you pick another team? What would you do?

Interesting... I've actually thought about this a few times.

And I still don't know what I'd do. I don't think I could stop following college football. Fall Saturdays are just way too special. I'd probably have to pick a team from one of the mid-major conferences or something. It wouldn't be the same as cheering on the Huskers, but it'd be something.

Probably cheer for Colorado or maybe the Pitt Panthers.

:snacks:

I'd probably root for a team that I knew the coach's name. ;)

I've done that twice now, calling him "Bart." I have no idea where that comes from. I don't know anyone named Bart. Weird.

Bart Mancuso, maybe? Have you been watching Hunt For Red October recently?

That's probably it. I've seen that movie 20 times or more. Good flick.

Really SaturnDrew? Then here is a clip you might enjoy.

QQT44IH1I2g

LOL! :clap Hadn't seen that. But in my lineup of schools:

U of A > ASU > Notre Dame!