Tunnel Walk Music

Well, what about "Hair of the Dog" by Nazarath? You know the refain: "Now you're messin' with...a son of a bitch"...

Or, if we really want to be a bit more socially acceptable, grab one of the tunes from the Braveheart soundtrack - one of the backing tracks used when the Scottish hordes pour over the hills to attack the English.

Wow your old!

Well, what about "Hair of the Dog" by Nazarath?  You know the refain: "Now you're messin' with...a son of a bitch"...

Or, if we really want to be a bit more socially acceptable, grab one of the tunes from the Braveheart soundtrack - one of the backing tracks used when the Scottish hordes pour over the hills to attack the English.

Wow your old!

"Experienced"...the word is "experienced", ya bastard!

I don't think you change a thing when dealing with home games unless the alumni supporters and bank rollers want a change. Appealing to younger fans may seem like a good idea on the surface, but most young fans don't have any money. In this case, you have to keep the boosters happy. Many of them are season ticket holders. Keep the music they want because they are the ones bankrolling the recruits we are getting and keeping the football program where it is.

Without the boosters, Nebraska football as we know it wouldn't exist.

I am a booster of the team, spend considerable on the team, and in honesty the tunnel walk music has never been mentioned by any of my friends or at any of the parties that I have attended. Most just want to win, most could care less if it is WCO, single wing or power. WE just want to win. I doubt there would be one single word about it, unless they are just looking for a reason to bash the program. In 25 years of donating to the University, I have only met one person that was negative about everything. He died a few years back. Now some of the players that are involved financially with the University that might be a different deal. But in honesty it has never come up in any conversations I have been privy to.

I agree, the Tunnel Walk wouldnt be the TW if it weren't for good old Alan Parsons. Its almost as official as one of our school songs, which noone would even consider changing without fear of conjuring up some hellfire.

BUT - for the sake of this discussion b/c I think its an interesting one, here are a few songs that for my money make me feel like running through the nearest wall like the koolaid man.

Chevelle - The Red - which is especially fitting

Korn - Are you Ready - I know this isnt the name of this song, but the intro on this thing is pure blow the roof off energy

RATM - Bulls on Parade - There are several other Rage songs that might work even better with jacking a crowd up, but the beats in this one are pretty tight, and the whole "Rally round the family" is pretty appropriate.

I started attempting to mix them up, which would be incredible if done right, but I dont have enough experience with the right software to make it worth the time. So if anyone has a wild hair and some experience, give it a rip, I'd love to hear what these 3 might sound like together.

• 3 weeks later...

Thunderstruck is taken by the Lincoln Stars is it not?

Enter Sandman brings memories of Mariano Rivera coming on to blow yet another save against the Red Sox. Which actually warms my heart.

I'm in favor of keeping the song the same. It still sends chills down my back and I'm sure the players and pretty much everyone else in the stadium.

How about playing some really weak, soft song when the other team comes out?

If I were to say ANY song replacing what we have, it would have to be Enter Sandman because that song gets you ready to run through a wall.  Since Va Tech uses it already, then it would be stupid copying them.  Having our own tunnel walk theme makes Nebraska unique, so I vote for being different.  Sirius can stay. :)

OH MAN, Leave it as is.

If I hear any Metallic song ever again it'll be too soon, let alone Enter Sandman . . . is that song from 88 but yet all the radio stations still play it like it's brand new :wtf Pretty soon I'll be hearing Enter Sandman on some easy listening station.