A Take on Nebraska's In-House

They do have a very good point about the talent being here. I agree completely with the fact that they were not coached properly and did not believe in the "other" regime. Bo and company have instilled this believe and it showed last season with the strides they made.

I cannot wait to see what happens this year!

They do have a very good point about the talent being here. I agree completely with the fact that they were not coached properly and did not believe in the "other" regime. Bo and company have instilled this believe and it showed last season with the strides they made.

Heard talk on KC radio today about MU that made me think (and worry). NU with better coaching took a horrid D and made it respectful with average talent and walkons. MU lost 3 defense players to NFL (I think this is what they said) from a poor D. They have a new DC - if he can coach half as good as Pelini, we might be in some trouble. :dunno

Or it could be some Tiger propaganda to try to sell tickets (yes some schools have to worry about such things) :clap

EDIT:

The host also said best case scenario MU could be 10-2, OOC 4-0 to 2-2 (really worried about Nevada) and IF they go 2-2 in 1st four conference games, the rest should be a breeze with KU a toss-up and will repeat as North champs. Their 1st four conference games: NU, Texass, OSU and CU. He did say NU would be better, but he was more concerned about Nevada than NU

Heard talk on KC radio today about MU that made me think (and worry). NU with better coaching took a horrid D and made it respectful with average talent and walkons. MU lost 3 defense players to NFL (I think this is what they said) from a poor D. They have a new DC - if he can coach half as good as Pelini, we might be in some trouble. :dunno

Or it could be some Tiger propaganda to try to sell tickets (yes some schools have to worry about such things) :clap

EDIT:

The host also said best case scenario MU could be 10-2, OOC 4-0 to 2-2 (really worried about Nevada) and IF they go 2-2 in 1st four conference games, the rest should be a breeze with KU a toss-up and will repeat as North champs. Their 1st four conference games: NU, Texass, OSU and CU. He did say NU would be better, but he was more concerned about Nevada than NU

More concerned about Nevada than NU, really? I think Nevada will have a nice team this year, but better than NU?!?!?!

EDIT:

More concerned about Nevada than NU, really? I think Nevada will have a nice team this year, but better than NU?!?!?!

That is pretty idiotic, but the guy does live in Missourri, what do you expect.

Then again, I feel the same way about the NU fans who are sh!t scared of playing BAYLOR this year! :blink: Oh no, Baylor has a sprinter playing QB, we're all doomed! :ohnoes

EDIT:

Then again, I feel the same way about the NU fans who are sh!t scared of playing BAYLOR this year! :blink:Oh no, Baylor has a sprinter playing QB, we're all doomed! :ohnoes

EDIT:

Then again, I feel the same way about the NU fans who are sh!t scared of playing BAYLOR this year! :blink:Oh no, Baylor has a sprinter playing QB, we're all doomed! :ohnoes

This guy obviously doesn't know what hes talking about when he thinks that Mizzou should be more worried about Nevada over Nebraska. But with Baylor there are more husker fans that aren't on this board that are worried about Baylor next year. Griffin is a dual threat QB and people who don't see that see need to open your eyes and pay attention to other schools than just Nebraska. Baylor just about beat TT last year like we did and they gave us a good run for our money on our home field. I believe that Nebraska will win but Baylor is on the rise.

Yes, Nebraska should beat Baylor this year, but anyone that is dismissive of Baylor and what Art Briles is doing there is not paying attention. Remember when the Dallas Cowboys went 1-15 in the early days with Troy Aikman (I think it was 1990)? Everybody knew it was just a matter of time before they were going to be very, very good, in spite of the horrible record. Sometimes a solid foundation is being built even in the midst of a losing season.

Not saying that Art Briles is going to improve Baylor that dramatically (they are in a tough Big 12 South division), but this team is on the rise and if the Bears can keep Briles for a few years, they won't be the doormat everyone has come to expect.

That will be Texas A&M's job. :-)

(I realize that we probably hear more about Baylor in Texas than people living in other states so it's harder for people to see the improvements Briles is making.)

Yes, Nebraska should beat Baylor this year, but anyone that is dismissive of Baylor and what Art Briles is doing there is not paying attention. Remember when the Dallas Cowboys went 1-15 in the early days with Troy Aikman (I think it was 1990)? Everybody knew it was just a matter of time before they were going to be very, very good, in spite of the horrible record. Sometimes a solid foundation is being built even in the midst of a losing season.

Not saying that Art Briles is going to improve Baylor that dramatically (they are in a tough Big 12 South division), but this team is on the rise and if the Bears can keep Briles for a few years, they won't be the doormat everyone has come to expect.

That will be Texas A&M's job. :-)

(I realize that we probably hear more about Baylor in Texas than people living in other states so it's harder for people to see the improvements Briles is making.)

Well I'm also living in TX right now, so don't assume I'm not aware of the strides the BU program has made in the last year. And if you knew me you wouldn't have any room to accuse me of not following other teams. (my football widow wife will be the first to attest to that!)

I watched Baylor at least three times last year, including NU. And I'm well aware of how talented Griffen is, and have seen how Briles has improved the team. But I'm just not worried about them, not in the slightest. That team still has too many holes on D, and even with their relatively seasoned O-line, having one superb athlete at QB does not guarantee them success. See: NU's 1998 & 2002 seasons for proof of that.

I'm sorry if this opinion puts me at odds with some of you, I'm just not going to be that concerned with Baylor until they actually beat some teams of merit, not just "play them close".