New Helmets?

The point of change is to try something new.... I'm assuming you still drive the same car that your father, grandfather, and great grandfather owned? Same paint job, interior, everything? Why be so dramatic and compare us to Oregon if we changed something... I never said change the jerseys, just put the new "N" on the helmet... :wacko:

we dont drive their cars because they are most likely broken down, and in this situation the current helmet isn't broken down, so there is no need to get a new model or "car"

post-6461-1246241518.jpg

post-6461-1246241556.jpg

post-6461-1246241582.jpg

post-6461-1246241604.jpg

post-6461-1246241629.jpg

All these teams changed helmets to forget about their terrible past in the NFL. We want to reconect with our past. Let's see, I can't remember, what style of helmet did we have for all five of our national titles? That's what I thought. So why change anything?

So we shouldn't have built the additions to the stadium, or the new athletic complex, or the fieldturf... They weren't "broke".... We had the old facilities and turf forever, so why change?

Your statement is just a poor excuse to start a stupid argument and its ludicris. There was nothing wrong with our past stadium, thletic complex, and field turf. We added more seats because have you ever seen the waiting list to get season tickets. They expanded the stadium to compete with other stadiums and to hold more Husker fans to make the home field advantage that much harder and our fans are that dedicated to this University and we have the money to expand Memorial Stadium. They added more seats a few years ago to hold more fans and to make our stadium louder and they also added the new Jumbo Screen for attraction and the competion that surrounds us. We are not located in the right place to compete with other schools like USC, Florida, Texas etc so the University makes updates to the Stadium and facilities to get the best of the best which are the student athletes. Do you understand where I'm coming from.

They added a new Athletic Complex aka Hawks Championship Center so there practices are held when the weather is bad like humidity or thunderstorms plus winter, spring, and summer condtitios are held in there too. NFL scouts actually hold tryouts in Hawks Championshipo Center too. It also attracts top high school recruits to come to your school and help build a championship team. Back in the 80's and 90's are weight room was one of thee top weight room in the nation and now that is changing and we gotta adjust our weight room too.

The field turf was changed because of Callahan. He got rid of the old turf because it had that mound in the middle that stretched from endzone to endzone and he didn't want that mound while running his west coast offense. I believe that Pudd wanted the turf changes as well but I don't really mind the new turf but the old one wasn't bad either.

I have NO PROBLEM with doing a throw back jersey idea for one game that sounds like an amazing idea.....especially for the 300th Consecutive Sellout to respect what Bob Devaney started and what Tom Osborne continued after Devaney and is trying to continue to this day. But to totally change our uniforms and helmets is not what Nebraska is all about and we are not Oregon. Nebraska is a school that cherishes our tradition and it'll stay that way.

:snacks:

So we shouldn't have built the additions to the stadium, or the new athletic complex, or the fieldturf... They weren't "broke".... We had the old facilities and turf forever, so why change?

Your statement is just a poor excuse to start a stupid argument and its ludicris. There was nothing wrong with our past stadium, thletic complex, and field turf. We added more seats because have you ever seen the waiting list to get season tickets. They expanded the stadium to compete with other stadiums and to hold more Husker fans to make the home field advantage that much harder and our fans are that dedicated to this University and we have the money to expand Memorial Stadium. They added more seats a few years ago to hold more fans and to make our stadium louder and they also added the new Jumbo Screen for attraction and the competion that surrounds us. We are not located in the right place to compete with other schools like USC, Florida, Texas etc so the University makes updates to the Stadium and facilities to get the best of the best which are the student athletes. Do you understand where I'm coming from.

They added a new Athletic Complex aka Hawks Championship Center so there practices are held when the weather is bad like humidity or thunderstorms plus winter, spring, and summer condtitios are held in there too. NFL scouts actually hold tryouts in Hawks Championshipo Center too. It also attracts top high school recruits to come to your school and help build a championship team. Back in the 80's and 90's are weight room was one of thee top weight room in the nation and now that is changing and we gotta adjust our weight room too.

The field turf was changed because of Callahan. He got rid of the old turf because it had that mound in the middle that stretched from endzone to endzone and he didn't want that mound while running his west coast offense. I believe that Pudd wanted the turf changes as well but I don't really mind the new turf but the old one wasn't bad either.

I have NO PROBLEM with doing a throw back jersey idea for one game that sounds like an amazing idea.....especially for the 300th Consecutive Sellout to respect what Bob Devaney started and what Tom Osborne continued after Devaney and is trying to continue to this day. But to totally change our uniforms and helmets is not what Nebraska is all about and we are not Oregon. Nebraska is a school that cherishes our tradition and it'll stay that way.

:snacks:

I'm sorry if my opinion is so sickening to you, but is my opinion... I don't agree with your constant comparisons to Oregon, which you are apparently stuck on... Not to mention you think our uniforms defined our team, which is absurd... Obviously we cherish tradition, but tradition is only a collection of sea-stories unless we can live up to it and perform... I'm not denying that we look "Old School" and I love the current ones... I just don't fear change and couldn't give a rat's a$$ what our uniforms looked like as long as we stomped our opponents into the ground...

P.S. - I liked the 2002 uniform changes, and I'm as devoted to my Huskers as any other... So I must not be an "Official Fan"... I must be a nonconformist...

:nanalama

As a disclaimer, I am absolutely in favor of keeping the current helmet design throughout my lifetime. I love it.

That said, I think it's amusing how everyone seems to think we've had the exact same helmet since 1890.

If we had always been such staunch traditionalists, there may have been riots when are helmets changed color from red to white in 1961. Or how about when we dropped the traditional numbered helmets in favor of the modern, newfangled "NU" logo in '67.

The outrage must have been almost unbearable when Nebraska dropped it's 24 year tradition of gray facemasks, and in the bowl game at the end of the '81 season, came out in RED facemasks. Ugh. Blasphemy! I thought we were about tradition, focusing on football, toughness without the flash. And here we are with these damn shiny, colored facemasks. Barf.

Who won that game?

I don't know, your blog doesn't tell me.

LOL. Touche. It's been a while since I've updated, I was out all weekend looking for our governor, and then I've just been too lazy to update.

Who knew you would need a passport to find him?

Not me, I was all over the Appalachian Trail...

and who knew, he was all over Argentinean Tail!

Sanford's Theme Song

"Sweet Home Argentina"

I am not seeing what is wrong with the current "N". I wonder if the Penn State fans argue about their uniforms? To add a stripe or no stripe, add a lion or leave it plane white??? The offseason is great!!!!

I just don't see TO changing the uniforms/helmets up in the near future. They tried it in 02 and that did not work out too well.