Ten Huskers with the Most to Prove

This is a pretty fair assessment. I hope the WRs step up so that it helps Lee out and also helps with the running game as well.

I feel the defense will step up. They have a year with the coaches under their belts and know (should know) what is going on and what is expected of them. If not, they can ask Dillard what will happen to them.

The same article is in the Nebraska Statepaper. What gives? Does McKewon write for Husker Locker?

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/displ...4/4a5c758612a15

There have a been a few articles where if you clicked on the link at the end of the article, it would take you to Husker Locker. They may be tied in together somehow.

Spot on with the Thenarse analysis. The guy is very talented in run coverage and in special teams, but he is a very poor defensive back when it comes to pass coverage. Constantly got burnt on long pass plays, looked lost and confused, and he also never took his hard hitter mantra to heart. I really want to see the kid do well given his rough childhood growing up.

Spot on with the Thenarse analysis. The guy is very talented in run coverage and in special teams, but he is a very poor defensive back when it comes to pass coverage. Constantly got burnt on long pass plays, looked lost and confused, and he also never took his hard hitter mantra to heart. I really want to see the kid do well given his rough childhood growing up.

Agreed. Thenarse was one of my favorites when he was a freshman or sophomore and just playing special teams. He blew people UP on punts and kicks.

Dillard is out of shape and I think they really want him to take control of the defense........

:yeah

From what I can tell, Dillard was a product of the Cosgrove/Callahan defensive philosophy, that classic Big 10 bruising run-stuffing linebacker that didn't translate well AT ALL to the Big XII. Dillard is (apparently) having some difficulty unlearning what he was taught by Cosgrove. From everything I've seen he's got plenty of talent, but he's not in shape to play in Bo's defense. If he gets in shape and buys into the system, he could be gold.

They wouldn't waste their time putting him "in the doghouse" if they didn't think he had value. They'd just fourth-string him and we'd never hear about him again.