Big 12 media poll released

I'm happy to see KU picked second in the North. I'd rather be there than picked to win it. Nebraska now carries the burden of the team to beat in the North. I'm good with that.

Now Missouri at 3? I can't see that happening. Not after losing the players they did. I see them at 4th or even 5th in the North. Their defense was pathetic last year......and they lost MOST of their defense....now enter in the guys that were backing them up!!

Missouri could end up being the train wreck of the North.

What about your defense?

Total Defense:

Kansas...89th in total defense...396.69 yards per game.

Missouri's...98th in total defense...411.50 yards per game.

Scoring Defense:

Kansas...28.85 points per game.

Missouri...27.21...points per game.

Seems to me that KU's defense was just as pathetic last year.

:snacks:

As i was reading more into the post, she stole my thunder...

I think OSU could give everyone in the south a hell of a good scare. They're flying just enough under the radar.

Funny how Jen seems to be one of the first ones to pop off everytime I post! LOL. Glad to see I have a fan!!KU will just outscore everyone. :):clap Our offense makes up for our defense...however, I see our defense improving greatly with the additions coming in, and the experience on the d-line. And last time I checked, Stuckey is pretty good too. :)

Funny how Jen seems to be one of the first ones to pop off everytime I post! LOL. Glad to see I have a fan!!KU will just outscore everyone. :):clap Our offense makes up for our defense...however, I see our defense improving greatly with the additions coming in, and the experience on the d-line. And last time I checked, Stuckey is pretty good too. :)

I think it's somewhat ironic that you, as a Kansas fan, are calling some other team's defense pathetic given the below average to awful performance your team's defense put forth last season.

I'm happy to see KU picked second in the North. I'd rather be there than picked to win it. Nebraska now carries the burden of the team to beat in the North. I'm good with that.

Now Missouri at 3? I can't see that happening. Not after losing the players they did. I see them at 4th or even 5th in the North. Their defense was pathetic last year......and they lost MOST of their defense....now enter in the guys that were backing them up!!

Missouri could end up being the train wreck of the North.

What about your defense?

Total Defense:

Kansas...89th in total defense...396.69 yards per game.

Missouri's...98th in total defense...411.50 yards per game.

Scoring Defense:

Kansas...28.85 points per game.

Missouri...27.21...points per game.

Seems to me that KU's defense was just as pathetic last year.

:snacks:

Mizzou was pretty mediocre last year... And then lost a lot of legitiamte talent they had. They will be worse on Defense this year than last by a ways. The other thing to note is KU and MU (especially KU) play against a lot of good offenses and they do it with a pass happy spread. THat makes for more possesions and socring, making the defenses look worse statistically than they are. I am not saying we had a great defense last year, or even a good one, but I think the points thing is a little deceiving.