Big 12 media poll released

Nebraska was predicted to win the North division while Oklahoma and Texas tied for the top spot in the South in the 2009 Big 12 Football Preseason Poll, voted on by media representatives who cover the Conference.

2009 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll

North Division

1. Nebraska (17) 172

2. Kansas (12) 164

3. Missouri (3) 124

4. Colorado 100

5. Kansas State 81

6. Iowa State 33

South Division

1. Texas (17) 174

1. Oklahoma (15) 174

3. Oklahoma State 130

4. Texas Tech 89

5. Baylor 75

6. Texas A&M 33

first-place votes in parentheses

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...TCLID=204763502

I agree with you knapplc,

I dont know if they will finish above 4th, but I think they will be better than alot of people are saying. If I remember correctly, they are the only team to go to a bowl every year in the big 12. Thats alot of QBs Leach has cycled through that system.

I dont know if they will finish above 4th, but I think they will be better than alot of people are saying. If I remember correctly, they are the only team to go to a bowl every year in the big 12. Thats alot of QBs Leach has cycled through that system.

Exactly. Leach has a system that can usually plug-and-play. Look back over the QBs he's had and the stats they've put up. It's crazy.

I know they're losing one of their all-time greats in Graham Harrell, but Kliff Kingsbury, B. J. Symons, Sonny Cumbie and Cody Hodges all did very, very well in this system. Check this out:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11070145

There is absolutely no reason to think that Taylor Potts, who has been in the system now for three years, won't excel with that kind of results from Leach's other QBs.

agreed, i also think that OSU is scary team that could do some damage in the south as well.

Exactly. Leach has a system that can usually plug-and-play. Look back over the QBs he's had and the stats they've put up. It's crazy.

I know they're losing one of their all-time greats in Graham Harrell, but Kliff Kingsbury, B. J. Symons, Sonny Cumbie and Cody Hodges all did very, very well in this system. Check this out:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11070145

There is absolutely no reason to think that Taylor Potts, who has been in the system now for three years, won't excel with that kind of results from Leach's other QBs.

They key, offensively, for Tech this year I think is going to be Crabtree not being on the field anymore. It will be interesting to see if someone can step in and fill his shoes.

They key, offensively, for Tech this year I think is going to be Crabtree not being on the field anymore. It will be interesting to see if someone can step in and fill his shoes.

True, but Leach also seems to find these fast little WRs that produce like demons as well.

They'll score a bunch of points. Again. But their defense will be suspect. Again.

I think Leach is returning most of his starters on defense this year, as I recall. If that man had half the talent on defense as he has implementing an offense, Tech could be scary. As it is, they give up far too many points to teams that they shouldn't.

I'm somewhat surprised Nebraska is ahead of Kansas. The game is in Lawrence, and they do have the most proven QB in the North. With that being said, where would the best team in the North whether you put NU or KU up there doesn't matter finish in the South? I would say 4th. It's amazing how much the Big 12 has changed since its inception. The North with CU, KState, and Nebraska was definitely the strong division. Now, it's completely opposite.

Your right, Crabtree is a loss, obviously a very talented player ;)

But like knapplc said (you sure are beating me to the punch today :lol:), Tech has had a 'guy' it seems like every cycle. Welker & Amendola are two that I can think of right away. Leach is a plug and play coach

I'm somewhat surprised Nebraska is ahead of Kansas. The game is in Lawrence, and they do have the most proven QB in the North. With that being said, where would the best team in the North whether you put NU or KU up there doesn't matter finish in the South? I would say 4th. It's amazing how much the Big 12 has changed since its inception. The North with CU, KState, and Nebraska was definitely the strong division. Now, it's completely opposite.

While THE game is in Lawrence, each of our teams still play 7 other conference games. A lot of people have Nebraska winning the North, but losing to Kansas in Lawrence. The reason that Kansas isn't the clear cut favorite outright is because of 3 of those other 7 games are predicted losses by most talking heads.