Big 12 Championship Game Permanent Home1?!?!?!!?

Hey bring it to KC any time. I think weather can be pro or a con. That said, the best time I ever had in Lincoln (during a loss anyway) was 2006 Texas. Snow flurries, stands shaking. It was cool.

Just noticed your name: "nemajordude" That has to be one of the coolest handles I've seen on any Husker board, NEmajordude.

sorry to get off topic.

What better way to stack the deck for the South for the rest of time so they can consistently have Texas or OU in a BCS game every year. Not like they really need the help at this point, but in 2 years the North teams are going to be closer in talent, and will have to go play a road game at the end of the year to have any kind of chance at a BCS game.

I think from a recruiting standpoint, having the game each year in Texas could possibly have huge benefits especially if NU recruits Texas players real hard.

This is the correct answer.

+1. You naysayers need to quit thinking about this being a OU, TU, or South thing and dig your heads out of your arses. Texas is Nebraska's BIGGEST FAN BASE besides Nebraska itself. GET REAL.

And it's also our BIGGEST RECRUITING STATE besides Nebraska.

And it's also our conference's BIGGEST TV MARKET.

Why can't we have a MEMORIAL STADIUM SOUTH once a year and make the whole state of Texas BLEED RED as it should?

You guys wake up and smell the coffee. This is a no brainer good thing for Nebraska!!!!

I think from a recruiting standpoint, having the game each year in Texas could possibly have huge benefits especially if NU recruits Texas players real hard.

+1. You naysayers need to quit thinking about this being a OU, TU, or South thing and dig your heads out of your arses. Texas is Nebraska's BIGGEST FAN BASE besides Nebraska itself. GET REAL.

Why can't we have a MEMORIAL STADIUM SOUTH once a year and make the whole state of Texas BLEED RED as it should?

You guys wake up and smell the coffee. This is a no brainer good thing for Nebraska!!!!

And it's also a HOME GAME for 4 teams in the conference, every year. I'm pretty sure we'll never have a MEMORIAL STADIUM SOUTH for a Big 12 CCG, ever.

:yeah

GBR!!!

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 2 2009, 03:00 AM) 448551[/snapback]

And it's also a HOME GAME for 4 teams in the conference, every year. I'm pretty sure we'll never have a MEMORIAL STADIUM SOUTH for a Big 12 CCG, ever.

Partly true, its a home game for Texas, they win the south about half the time, OU the other half. I doubt the other Texas teams make the game in the next 5 years at least. Other than A&M making one game in the late 90s, no one else from the south has been to the game. A&M will be in year 3 or 4 of their next coach before they have a hope, Baylor I dont feel will ever make the game, and TT has proven they will never do it. UT gets enough money and recruiting advantages. It needs to keep shifting around.