Big 12 Championship Game Permanent Home1?!?!?!!?

Enough with moving everything to Texas.

Big 12 considers Cowboys Stadium as permanent home

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe says the league will eventually consider whether to make the new Cowboys Stadium a permanent home for its football championship game.

Speaking Tuesday during a tour of the $1.15 billion facility, Beebe said the Big 12 board of directors wasn't ready to create permanent sites when it last decided the rotation of venues for championship events in all sports.

"But they haven't seen this," Beebe said.

The Big 12 title game will be in the Dallas-Fort Worth suburb of Arlington the next two years.

Beebe said the league wants to see how things go in the 80,000-seat stadium's first year. After that, another bidding process figures to include previous host cities Kansas City, Mo., San Antonio and Houston.

I like the idea of moving the CCG around to different cities, but the new Cowboys stadium looks real nice.

On a side note....$50 for parking at Cowboys games? $50? I guess beers will be $14 and the kids cotton candy will add another $8..... Damn Jerry, I know it cost a BILLION dollars to construct, but you're driving the common guy away.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Hawkins' assessment.

“I think from a pure coaching standpoint, I think you want to have the game in a place where the elements are not going to affect it,” Hawkins said. “You want the best teams to have the opportunity to play in the best possible conditions. I see both sides of that thing.

“You’ve got a quasi-home game and I think there is an advantage. There’s no question about that, but it’s just one of those things you just have to overcome. If you’re playing in a northern city and field conditions aren’t very good, you’ve got to overcome that, too.”

I have an idea, let's move the Big 12 title game permanently to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. Think about it, football, outside, in December and in Nebraska...as close to Heaven on earth as it gets.

Seriously though, ADTO should propse this idea. Then, when the Texas schools say it wouldn't be fair... :laughpound

it does not seem right to keep it down south, but I see their point in having it in a new beautiful stadium, in a typically warmer climate, but at the same time i do remember seeing snow at cowboys stadium on thanksgiving <_< so it is still a crapshoot unless they move it to San Antonio and really make it out of the way for all the schools. more than likely for us here in the north we won't be able to enjoy the B12 champ game close to home anymore :angry:

I still think Arrowhead is a good place to play it. I know it's outside and in Dec. but for goodsakes this is football. Ball up and play the game like it should be... out in the elements. I think every 2 years it should be switched from a South locale to a North. Dallas/San Antonio then St. Louis/K.C. Maybe even Mile High stadium for a year too!!! The South can whine their asses off about the cold and snow, but maybe they should let their n*ts drop before they go hugging them back up inside because of the weather.