Change of Recruiting Coordinater in 2010?

Well, the thing is, we lost something like 60 kids we offered that were high on our board. "A-list prospects" was the term, I believe. Our recruiting coord comes back from vacation, and bam, 60 A-listers lost. Something's wrong there.

Yes, it may be that stars don't mean everything, but please let's not get back to the "we'll just get 3-stars and turn them into fine players." No, no, it doesn't work. We have to be on the ball with recruiting, or you end up with teams like Solich's in the final years. BC, for all his failings, stocked up our roster very well, esp. on the all-important offensive trenches. But we can only ride this talent stockpile so long.

Of our 60 A-Listers i would almost guarantee that none of them signed with small time schools. Those kids are at USC, UF, OU, UT, etc.... It is nice we go after those guys and it would be nice to pull one. But honestly we cant compete with those schools yet. It is just not possible. Look at our offers list. We offered a lot of big time prospects. Many of them they knew they probably wouldnt have a great shot with them. So losing that many big prospects isnt that big of deal. We will continue to comb through recruits until we can get guys that fit are system. Then we win games. Then we wont lose 60 A-listers. Maybe only 56 A-listers.

it is a long way off until signing day, so i am not real worried at this point.

just because a recruit is committed to another school does not mean that they will sign there.

kids change their minds all of the time, just look at the recruits from past recruiting classes at NU.

it will never be over until you have a signed letter of intent, and i am sure that the coaching staff will continue to recruit kids even though they have committed to another school. it may not be easy to change their minds, but they wont stop recruiting them.

is gilmore the right recruiting coordinator? hell i dont even know what that job entails, but add that position to a coach and it has to be difficult

maybe NU needs a recruiting coordinator that does nothing else but that