Change of Recruiting Coordinater in 2010?

Glad to see everything is resolved.

I'm not familiar with Ted's exact job description, but would we not be better served is his responsibilites were limited to making our WR's better?

The duties of the recruiting coordinator used to fall under that of the Head of Football Operations. Now, in no way EVER would I suggest handing these duties off to Jamrog, but I think the staff should cconsider bringing in someone with a marketing background to reorganize and specialize in this role.

Trev Alberts would be perfect, should have happened after the '07 season, but obviously he has bigger fish to fry now.

Ok, who is "the pope"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope

Why are people so quick to call for change? Haven't folks been saying since the beginning to trust in Bo to do what is right for the program?

If people are up in arms based off of numbers, could the down year for In-State talent have something to do with that? Say that Coleman, Daniels, and Hinz were committed to NU to bring up the totals to 9 would that have people at ease? I really don't know, I'm asking.

Ok, who is "the pope"?

Why are people so quick to call for change? Haven't folks been saying since the beginning to trust in Bo to do what is right for the program?

If people are up in arms based off of numbers, could the down year for In-State talent have something to do with that? Say that Coleman, Daniels, and Hinz were committed to NU to bring up the totals to 9 would that have people at ease? I really don't know, I'm asking.

I think we would be much better served if we had someone handling this role (recruiting coordinator) as a sole responsibilty. As you know, I'm a huge Bo supporter, but you're right, the accountability falls on him. Recruiting coordination is lacking. We need someone in this position who has a very concise and effevtive plan. The staff shouldn't be meeting just now to address these issues for the first time since the spring.

I'm not up-in-arms about our number of commits, just our lack of organization over the summer.

Ok, who is "the pope"?

Our problems have nothing to do with pace or our current commits as others have suggested in this thread. It has to do with the other recruits we are currently chasing. The guys we need to be showing the extra attention to, but are being somewhat slighted with a lackluster effort. THAT is the problem with recruiting right now.

IMO, the concern lies entirely with the number of commits we have a this point. the sky is not falling, by all means, but when baylor has 11 commits and kansas has 12, you have to think....what are we doing wrong? The quality of the players in 2010 class so far is excellent, we just need more.

I think the low total is the most concerning evidence agains the staff. But do we really WANT the 11 recruits Baylor has either?

It could be the staff is lazy and ineffective, and it could be that they want high quality recruits and those recruits want to see a game here before they really consider verballing to us?

I don't know, but i think we need to let this class play out further before coming to a conclusion about it. In some ways it looks bleak, but we don't have the entire picture yet either.

This is good banter and all opinions and thoughts have been welcome and thoughtful. I would to like to see the person in this position to have less responsibilities coaching-wise with the team. However another valid reason for low numbers is that our primary selling point is only available Sept.-Nov. six or seven times a year. That being game days. Those Saturdays are what really get the recruits attention and really is our best selling point and situations.

there is no doubt, the whole recruiting process should be closely reviewed and as soon as possible. it just doesn't make sense when lesser teams ARE IN FACT taking recruits we have offered, so some phase of the process is wrong or is missing. closing the deal is important, it is a sales job, plain and simple. you need good salesmen to do the job, it appears we don't have them or enough of them. i am quite sure any one of our coaches would tell you they would prefer to have this class filled to a greater extent than it is at this point...lesser teams are taking our kids.......

We may offer a kid but he might not be high on our board. Thus other teams may be recruiting him harder and lesser teams may sign him. I dont know why everyone is freaking out about this years class. We have some talented prospects out there that have official visits scheduled. Nothing like a game in Lincoln to get a kid to want to be a part of our storied tradition. A committ now means nothing. Wait til the season begins. Also, recruiting coordinator is a title given to a coach to make the ol resume look better. Every coach on that staff plays an equal role in recruiting. It is not just one guy mapping out all of our recruiting. We will be fine. Last years class was salty and this year should be as good if not better, just give it time.