Change of Recruiting Coordinater in 2010?

With all those out there that know the sky is falling due to the fact that we have lost a recruit and only have five verbals, I pose this question. Do you think that Gilmore is doing a decent job as recruiting coordinator? Do you think he is best suited for the position on this staff? Who would you replace him with? :dunno

Just something to ponder and am anxious to hear what ideas some of you have.

With all those out there that know the sky is falling due to the fact that we have lost a recruit and only have five verbals, I pose this question. Do you think that Gilmore is doing a decent job as recruiting coordinator? Do you think he is best suited for the position on this staff? Who would you replace him with? :dunno

This is a pretty good post. I'm no insider but from what I have heard (rumor only) Gilmore may have blown it over the summer. I am not saying that is true, but if it is true should the RC slot be filled inhouse or go outside for a proven commodity?

Beck would seem to be a good fit for that, but who knows.....

This is a pretty good post. I'm no insider but from what I have heard (rumor only) Gilmore may have blown it over the summer. I am not saying that is true, but if it is true should the RC slot be filled inhouse or go outside for a proven commodity?

Can you elaborate on what "blowing it" over the summer means? I'm very curious. I can't say I'm paniced about our situation but I did expect more at this point.

Can you elaborate on what "blowing it" over the summer means? I'm very curious. I can't say I'm paniced about our situation but I did expect more at this point.

when schools like tulsa or wake forest have signigicant more recrruits.. many three star guys along with the twos and not rateds you know its time to get on the ball and make some changes....

I read this evening, on Rivals, Scout or here, that over the summer NU lost around 60 recruits to other schools. At the time I read it I was not sure if that amount should be considered high or average, hence my cautionary language in my first post. Apart from that, tho, I have read a number of supposed insiders claim that NU has not done a good job keeping in contact with recruits. Again, unless something more substantive comes around to back that up.....rumor.

To the OP -- magic 8 ball says, "no", "no" and "my dog".

To the extracurricular stuff going on in this thread, do you think the Husker fans that have been critical of the staff are doing it just to do it?

You can go back and look at the history of this board and how posters have taken up for OUR team through stuff they like should not have. But the second we go away from the constant 'sunshine pumping' and become critical, others become hostile and vile. Why? Do people believe that everything done behind the scenes is perfect and there are no faults?

Lets be real here, people with a longer track record than anyone on this board have called the coaching staff out for being extremely lazy. A few of those are guys who are friends with coaches on our team. Do you think they are doing it just to stir up a hornets nest or because it is a reality?

At the end of the day its Bo who will make the call on our recruiting situation,and no doubt we will have a weak year in that department. losing out on 60 over he summer rumor or not will get someones attention and changes will be made. NU has alot to prove on the field to shore up recruiting battles and to gain any national respect with anybody. but its coming. last year we were a rumble in the distance now we are set to make some noise.

Sent in a PM. I'm not trying to cause problems.

People seem extremely discontent with the status of the program after a number of stressful years. As a result, they seem to expect unrealistic events to occur and use the lack of them to justify criticism. We have recruited on par with our performance. We had a pretty solid list of 3 and 4 stars prior to Keesten departing and it is still admirable. I also notice many 3 and 4 stars we appear to be in high position for. What is the huge deal with our current class? If we filled it out with 3 stars (and 2 stars who later bump to three mid-season) you would all be ecstatic? We have passed on many prospects who you would complain about getting instead of 5-stars and then you complain we don't have them. Just chill, let us win 9-10 games this year and keep building. 10 wins in this era of College football is admirable, and tells of good days to come when you are coming off of a few down years. Most teams don't rebound as fast as we appear to be.

Upon seeing this thread, I decided to do a little bit of Rivals research and see what kind of pace our recruiting is on now compared to other years. Here is what I found out.

If you look at the Big 12 conference standings for recruiting today, Texas stands alone with 19, most of which are four-star guys. Oklahoma is second with 20 commits, half of which are four-star. Then it’s A&M with 20 total and seven of them four-star and Oklahoma State with 15 commits, two of them four-star.

Kansas leads the North with 11 commits, one of which is four-star.

We have five commits, three of which are four-star.

Eight schools have double-digit total recruit totals. We have single digits along with Iowa State, Colorado and Kansas State. If you look at that, it’s time to panic.

Now the good news.

I took two years and examined when recruits committed. The sample was 2007 and 2009. I threw out 2008 due to the coach change.

In 2007 with Bill C firmly in command of the program, the Huskers posted 27 recruits. Six of those guys were committed by this time in 2006. One was added in August, two in September, one in October, four in November and 13 in December or after. So 21 of the 27 were in August or after and the lion’s share in December or after.

In 2009, with Bo firmly in command of the program, the Huskers posted 20 recruits. Seven of those guys were committed by this time in 2008. Two were added in August, three in October, one in November and seven in December or after. Over half of the recruits, 13 were added in August or after with the lion’s share in December or after.

Looking back further, the Huskers got 16 of 22 commits for the 2006 class in August or after and scored 24 of 32 commits for the 2005 class in August or after.

Judging by those numbers, the recruiting process has yet to heat up for the Huskers and will do so in the next few months. Hold judgment until then.

We could still be in on some pretty heavy hitting guys.

I too would like to see more recruits, but from what I understand is that we are not going to get anywhere close to giving 25 scholies this year. After the poor scholarship management in the previous regime, we only have 15-18 positions available. Under the assumption that we have offers out to 2x-3x that many quality players, I am confident that we will fill up our needs.

That said, if this becomes a trend of falling massively behind the rest of the competition I will begin to worry. But for the time being, I am happy with the progress being made and GO BIG RED!

I eagerly await the Pope's input here, since the other thread was mysteriously locked after a very snippy reply.

There is something you might be missing here.

There are people on this board who provide pretty accurate insight. They have earned a reputation as being in the know. Whether or not they are close to the program or have people inside I don't know but their words have some weight based on past experience.

Those seem to be the people you are bickering with.