LB info

Thanks for the tip. How's Dillard doing - lots of reps/far behind/2nd string?

Forgot to ask him about Dillard. But did ask him a few other questions.

He said Qvale is a beast. In his opinion, Eric Hagg is the best athlete on the field. Supposedly Brandon Kinnie is as good as they say. And he thinks the Burkhead will probably redshirt. One interesting the he said is that in practice, Green has shown more than Washington....

And for all of you who will proceed to question my source and try and find fault in my statements go ahead. But this is all from a person in the Husker football program, and no, not a towel boy.

And for all of you who will proceed to question my source and try and find fault in my statements go ahead. But this is all from a person in the Husker football program, and no, not a towel boy.

You're going to have to name your source or you're going to be questioned. Nobody is gullible enough to take anyone's word for face value on the Internet (or you'd hope nobody is), so don't get riled if people question you. You'd do the same if someone else were making proclamations.

Yeah, but at some point, you just respect the poster and decide for yourself if you want to believe it or not.

The whole point of an anonymous source is that they remain anonymous. That's the price that comes with info like this: you don't know how true it is. Oh well.

Yeah, but at some point, you just respect the poster and decide for yourself if you want to believe it or not.

The whole point of an anonymous source is that they remain anonymous. That's the price that comes with info like this: you don't know how true it is. Oh well.

After they're right a few times, yeah, you tend to take it at face value. There are a few posters most people know to take at their word. But that's an earned level of respect, not granted initially.

You're going to have to name your source or you're going to be questioned. Nobody is gullible enough to take anyone's word for face value on the Internet (or you'd hope nobody is), so don't get riled if people question you. You'd do the same if someone else were making proclamations.

If you look at his other posts, I would guess the source is a linebacker who is injured for the year. Could be wrong though.

After they're right a few times, yeah, you tend to take it at face value. There are a few posters most people know to take at their word. But that's an earned level of respect, not granted initially.

I think that I believe him and it kindof makes sense. Think about it Dillard has been in the dog house most of the off season and that gave other LB's a chance to shine. It doesn't surprise me that those 3 are taking most of the snaps because Blake has had 3 concussions in less than a year and we all know about Dillard.

If I'm correct wasn't Bo really close from putting in Compton during the Virginia Tech, Texas Tech, and/or Baylor game....I remember reading somewhere that Bo almost stuck Compton in two games last year. We've all read the stories that have been hyping up May and Fisher for the past couple months so I doesn't surprise me at all.

Both the Omaha newspapers did a story on both Hagg and May last week. They talked about that Hagg was getting a lot of respect from the Defensive Coaches and that May was having a good battle between Lawerence for the starting spot. It wouldn't surprise me that this info is true

I think that I believe him and it kindof makes sense. Think about it Dillard has been in the dog house most of the off season and that gave other LB's a chance to shine. It doesn't surprise me that those 3 are taking most of the snaps because Blake has had 3 concussions in less than a year and we all know about Dillard.

If I'm correct wasn't Bo really close from putting in Compton during the Virginia Tech, Texas Tech, and/or Baylor game....I remember reading somewhere that Bo almost stuck Compton in two games last year. We've all read the stories that have been hyping up May and Fisher for the past couple months so I doesn't surprise me at all.

Both the Omaha newspapers did a story on both Hagg and May last week. They talked about that Hagg was getting a lot of respect from the Defensive Coaches and that May was having a good battle between Lawerence for the starting spot. It wouldn't surprise me that this info is true

I really think Compton and Dillard will split the duties fairly evenly at the start of the year unless one of them gets hurt. Same with Lawrence and May, I don't see anyone pushing Fisher at this point, but we do need to develop a backup for him. I feel pretty comfortable with the LB situation right now, they will make mistakes, but I also expect to see them flying to the ball and make some big plays.

I've been excited about Hagg for a while now. He has a lot of raw skill, so if he can pull it together I think he can be a star back there.

At LB... we have so many. I guess I don't care who gets more PT, as long as the unit is productive. If they're even competent behind that D Line, we could have the best DEF in the Big XII, by far.

I think that I believe him and it kindof makes sense.

I'm not trying to cast doubt on him, or anyone really. It's just so easy to fake info that you can't take anything at face value.

Anyone who was here during the 2007 season will remember Rumorville and all the nonsense that went along with it. Everyone wanted to be listened to and nobody could name their source. It was a joke, and it left a lot of folks with a sour taste in their mouth for the boards. I was inactive here for a long time after that season, and I'm still leery of anyone with "inside information."

I really think Compton and Dillard will split the duties fairly evenly at the start of the year unless one of them gets hurt. Same with Lawrence and May, I don't see anyone pushing Fisher at this point, but we do need to develop a backup for him. I feel pretty comfortable with the LB situation right now, they will make mistakes, but I also expect to see them flying to the ball and make some big plays.

I am not sure how much time Dillard will get, I just don't get why everyone seems to assume that since he has a "good attitude" now he will be the starter again. Frankly he didn't play that well last year, and they almost burned Compton's RS on numerous occasions because of Dillard's poor level of play. The D seemed to gel and play better after Dillard got hurt. I just don't think he is the same caliber as Compton, Koehler, or Martin right now, though he will most likely be ahead of Martin as I think he will eventually RS.