LB info

I think that I believe him and it kindof makes sense.

I'm not trying to cast doubt on him, or anyone really. It's just so easy to fake info that you can't take anything at face value.

Anyone who was here during the 2007 season will remember Rumorville and all the nonsense that went along with it. Everyone wanted to be listened to and nobody could name their source. It was a joke, and it left a lot of folks with a sour taste in their mouth for the boards. I was inactive here for a long time after that season, and I'm still leery of anyone with "inside information."

Oh ya I remember good ol' Rumerville......some of the stuff that people wrote was just crazy stuff and there were others that had some information that made you think. I posted an article in Rumorville because my friend who worked at an Omaha prison OCC I believe is what they called it took a visit to Lincoln when all of the new coaching stuff was going thru and he saw Bo Pelini in Lincoln wearing a Nebraska hat and a few weeks later he was hired as our new coach.

Do I believe him yes but did he have actually proof....no he didn't but I believed him more once Bo got hired.

I'll believe this gentleman more about his info once it comes true if it does but it does make a lot of sense though about his LB news

I think that I believe him and it kindof makes sense.

I'm not trying to cast doubt on him, or anyone really. It's just so easy to fake info that you can't take anything at face value.

Anyone who was here during the 2007 season will remember Rumorville and all the nonsense that went along with it. Everyone wanted to be listened to and nobody could name their source. It was a joke, and it left a lot of folks with a sour taste in their mouth for the boards. I was inactive here for a long time after that season, and I'm still leery of anyone with "inside information."

It's fairly easy to tell when someone is messing around. There is a pattern:

• Insistence on being believed - Will challenge every doubter
  • Immature posts
  • Extremely low number of posts - No reputation at stake
  • Earth-Shattering updates - Claims to have news that is a huge deal

This guy really doesn't fit the profile. He posted a light update and he doesn't seem hell bent on making sure we all care.

This one makes good sense. All summer long I've read about "Matt May, Matt May, Matt May." All last year I heard about the athletic prowess of Sean Fisher and the "it" factor of Will Compton as a middle backer.

We know Pelini likes speed over size at the linebacker spot and he's not afraid to put freshmen on the field.

If the guy was like "CODY GREEN IS TRANSFERRING!!!"....then we should beat him down (even if he was right).

• Immature posts

This guy really doesn't fit the profile. He posted a light update and he doesn't seem hell bent on making sure we all care.

This one makes good sense. All summer long I've read about "Matt May, Matt May, Matt May." All last year I heard about the athletic prowess of Sean Fisher and the "it" factor of Will Compton as a middle backer.

We know Pelini likes speed over size at the linebacker spot and he's not afraid to put freshmen on the field.

If the guy was like "CODY GREEN IS TRANSFERRING!!!"....then we should beat him down (even if he was right).

Yeah. It's not that easy. And if you were here during the Rumorville days, you'd understand how simplistic you're making this.

• Immature posts

Yeah. It's not that easy. And if you were here during the Rumorville days, you'd understand how simplistic you're making this.

Just because I wasn't a member, doesn't mean I wasn't around. Wasn't all of that stuff in it's own thread group?

missouri_husker24, I dont' know who you are, but I think you need to keep your mouth shut on topics like this because unless its information that you can get from the newspapers it needs to be kept quiet. I have numerous sources inside the program and they aren't supposed to be leaking anything, so I would tell your source to keep his mouth shut, or else you need to zip it. Judging by your name, I have a couple guesses as to who your source is. I will be asking them about it too.

So if you were here during Rumorville, you know that your litmus test for determining who is or isn't messing around isn't very accurate.

And so we're clear, I'm not trying to run the OP into the ground. I just pointed out the difficulty of citing unnamed sources in general. This whole tangent is way overblown.

So if you were here during Rumorville, you know that your litmus test for determining who is or isn't messing around isn't very accurate.

And so we're clear, I'm not trying to run the OP into the ground. I just pointed out the difficulty of citing unnamed sources in general. This whole tangent is way overblown.

Agreed. It will come down to one of two things....the truth, or your discretion. I believe the guy.

But on a side note, StreeterCL, I don't know who you are...but perhaps you're a bit too sensitive to be on a message board. It's 90% speculation and opinion. As long as the guy isn't badmouthing anybody or providing illegal information, don't blame the messenger. He didn't name a source....and if this information came from someone inside the program, it's their foul, not his.

You're a couple words away from threatening the guy...

Hey Streeter CL, Why dont you just relax for a second. He didnt reveal some huge scandal, simply who is getting reps at line backer, He literally said these are the guys getting the most reps right now. Im not sure that information that is sworn to secrecy or someone cares a great deal about in the program. Why do you just shut your mouth, and stop snoopin around boards if you have so many sources inside the program. Either you got picked on a lot as a little kid and tattled to mommy and daddy a lot, or you really have nothing better to do all day. Just calm down man, hes not telling us huge news here.

missouri_husker24, I dont' know who you are, but I think you need to keep your mouth shut on topics like this because unless its information that you can get from the newspapers it needs to be kept quiet. I have numerous sources inside the program and they aren't supposed to be leaking anything, so I would tell your source to keep his mouth shut, or else you need to zip it. Judging by your name, I have a couple guesses as to who your source is. I will be asking them about it too.

And who the hell appointed you the info king? So what he has insider info, and who gives a damn if he is willing to share it. That's what most readers on here want anyway. Trust me it isn't just to read the hundreds of shallow, moronic, self satisfying musings on the state of the Cornhuskers that many of the lifers here think are important and/or interesting. Are you really that lock step in line with what the coaching staff want, or are you feeling a little threatened, considering you have your own "sources". Just what makes you so qualified to tell anyone what info they should or shouldn't give out anyway? And how do you know this wasn't something that came up as part of a private conversation? Which last I checked people where still allowed to have.

I have a couple guesses as to who your source is. I will be asking them about it too.

This statement is so ridiculous! Please inform me what position you hold that gives you any right to question a player about who he does or doesn't talk to. Unless you are a member of the coaching staff, and not some smo who overhears things while making copies in the athletic offices, then I suggest you GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!!

This is why I was wary of posting any info on the situation. I'm attending UNL, I know people, and played high school football in Texas. I threw passes to Chris Omigie in practice. I have gone fishing with Bryce Brown here in Missouri. I know people. Im not trying to be the all knowing god of football. Nothing of what I said in my first post was LEAKING information. Its not like I posted NU's playbooks online. So just calm down and go drink some Koolaide.

And for all of you who will proceed to question my source and try and find fault in my statements go ahead. But this is all from a person in the Husker football program, and no, not a towel boy.

You're going to have to name your source or you're going to be questioned. Nobody is gullible enough to take anyone's word for face value on the Internet (or you'd hope nobody is), so don't get riled if people question you. You'd do the same if someone else were making proclamations.

And that's fine if you dont believe me or dont think i'm a credible source. It doesnt hurt my feelings or make me want to impress anyone. Im just a fan who is trying to give other fans a little more info than what they read in to papers, without leaking any harful info. Shoot me

And that's fine if you dont believe me or dont think i'm a credible source. It doesnt hurt my feelings or make me want to impress anyone. Im just a fan who is trying to give other fans a little more info than what they read in to papers, without leaking any harful info. Shoot me

I'm not trying to crack on you, man. You're probably a swell person. I'm just saying that, without knowing you, you're just as anonymous as I am. Am I Bo Pelini? Am I Arnold Schwarzenegger? Nobody knows, so nobody knows how much credibility to give me when I post. We're all in the same boat.