Cody Green the Man

knapplc

That All-State guy does have a deep voice. "Are you in good hands?"

That's good stuff, glad to hear Wats has Green competing through camp and not putting an immediate redshirt tag on him. We have no QBs on this roster that played an entire game. Lee sounds like the obvious projected starter, but they all are inexperienced on the field.

Hey didnt Willie mention Green's throwing motion before? Something to the affect that he looked like he went to Vince Young Throwing Academy? Not quoting him, but I thought Willie mentioned something. I'm curious if this is getting looked at by the coaches. Or I could be thinking about some other QB. Anyway good stuff..

A lot happens during a season, and I think you have to win now and worry about the future later, but you can't tell me the coaches don't like how the QB situation should shake out...

2009- Lee starting, and Washington in clean up duty if needed.

2010- Lee starting, and Green in clean up duty and maybe various situations.

Then Green can start 3 years after that. Of course this all depends on if Lee can get it done, and Green for that matter to.

:yeah

I liked the article as it confirmed everything I thought about the kid, maturity-wise. However, I remain cautious on putting legend status on him just yet.

Remember last year when Darrell Scott was actually placed on some preseason all-American lists before he even hit campus? How'd that work out for him?

That's a good point, but Scott's issues were more due to injury (his and a plethora of others on the team, including the O-Line) than actual factual performance. If a similar thing happens to Green it'll mean that nobody, not Lee, not Green, not Washington, will be OK this year. And let's hope that doesn't happen.

Lee will be a very good QB this year for Nebraska. I have gone on the record as saying this time and time again. I don't usually like to do this for any player, but I have seen him in action and I know what he is capable of.

He has a great arm, ability to scramble and extend plays, knows the playbook, and can run (he's pretty damn fast). My only concern is that it is in his nature to gamble and try to fit the ball into very tight quarters. This sometimes pays off, but it also hurts sometime too. I am hoping he just tries to manage the game and don't try to force anything.

I hope all the teams we are against are taking Lee with a grain of salt - like many on this board are doing.

On the record I think that Lee will be the starter and by all means hope he leads DONU well, but when you say you've seen him in action are talking about the TWO passes he attempted in Division I football, his "great" day in the spring in a glorified practice, or in one year of JUCO that really can never compete with the BIg XII? :dunno

Cody Green has a great arm, can scramble and extend plays(check out his state semi final film if there are any questions about his running abilities). So the playbook knowledge might not be as good but you'd be asking him to do the same things, manage the game and don't force anything. How is this really not the same valid argument?

Like I said Lee should start, but Cody should be the backup. Get him the PT in mop up, and prepare him for next year to challenge Lee to start. HMMM...there's that competition at a key position that everyone would like to have. Washington, has a gun and can run, but has been noted that touch and efficiency aren't strong points. Play the guy that has been a QB the last couple of years.

For those that want three years of Green as a starter by redshirting, are we gonna be having this same conversation with Gabbert in the future?