Annoying

JTrain

I hate to go back to this, but it continues to bother me. Five of Nebraska's 12 regular season games last year were on FSN PPV. From the looks of things, it will probably be similar this year, with three games already scheduled for PPV. For those of you who have HD service, you know how hard it is to go back to watching things (particularly sports) on SD. Not just because of the obvious difference in picture quality, but because the HD widescreen format is so much better for football games (you can actually see passing plays developing downfield).

And we are paying good money for these broadcasts. For those of us who wanted to watch all the games last year and weren't able to attend in person, we were paying $150 to watch these games with FSN's mediocre broadcasts and in SD to top it off. For many of us, $150 is a pretty significant chunk of money. You can buy the full season of ESPN Gameplan for less than that (that's around 100 games, many in HD).

If this were 2006 I wouldn't think much of it, but 2009 is different. HD is extremely common now. Just looking at the opening weekend TV schedule, here are some games that will be in HD:

North Texas @ Ball State (ESPNU)

Eastern Kentucky @ Indiana (BTN)

Central Arkansas @ Hawaii (Oceanic PPV)

Central Washington @ Minnesota Duluth (DII game, FSNO)

Akron @ Penn State (BTN)

Kentucky @ Miami (OH) (ESPNU)

UNI @ Iowa (BTN)

Towson @ Northwestern (BTN)

Western Kentucky @ Tennessee (SEC Network)

Jackson State @ Mississippi State (ESPNU)

Charleston Southern @ Florida (SUN)

Why does NU even allow anyone to film in standard anymore? Hell a step further, the Big 12. The NFL does not allow a game to be shot in HD. We are through the digital conversion, HD is now the standard. It would be like shooting a game in black and white after color came out. We should start an email harassment tactic against both fox and whoever the local provider is.

I totally agree, but it's still better than internet radio, which is my only other option (or Sirius, if I'm in the car).

Yeah, don't get me wrong, when push comes to shove I'd probably pay $50 to watch it in black and white on an 18" screen. But I still refuse to be satisfied by FSN's refusal to get with the program. When I can watch the Towson-Northwestern or Central Arkansas-Hawaii game in HD, but not Nebraska-FAU, something isn't right.

Note also that the Big 10 has a channel which guarantees that every game is televised every week. Why would the Big XII, the Mecca of football, not be leading in television coverage? It makes no sense. Nebraska fans get raped annually by this sh#t.

You're absolutely right. And BTN's broadcasts are actually pretty good, a step above FSN and Versus IMO.

Note also that the Big 10 has a channel which guarantees that every game is televised every week. Why would the Big XII, the Mecca of football, not be leading in television coverage? It makes no sense. Nebraska fans get raped annually by this sh#t.

You're absolutely right. And BTN's broadcasts are actually pretty good, a step above FSN and Versus IMO.

Yeah, and now you cant even get Versus on Directv. I am so tired of this crap. Fox makes plenty of money to be able to re-invest in their own technology making them able to shoot everything in HD. I cant wait till the Big12 contract is up with FOX and hopefully we can make some changes.

Please use safe sex practices while Fox is screwing us please.

This had been a public service from SOMEBODY WHO LIVES OUT OF STATE. just sayin'

Beggars can't be choosers but the squeaky wheel gets the oil. yada yada yada.

GBR

and yes I'm annoyed also. :) freakin' 65" Mitsi TV Digital DVR and whatta we get SD. sux

Why does NU even allow anyone to film in standard anymore? Hell a step further, the Big 12. The NFL does not allow a game to be shot in HD. We are through the digital conversion, HD is now the standard. It would be like shooting a game in black and white after color came out. We should start an email harassment tactic against both fox and whoever the local provider is.

:yeah

We've been in the Digital world ever since February and we can't even watch our Husker game in HD....I don't get it. Everbody knew about the new conversion to digital for well over a year and I think that Fox Sports Net should've got their act together and bought HD Camera's. I'm still going to order the game but its' just going to be a pain in the a$$ to was this on SD on my 52" HDTV.

I got Dish Network so I could get more HD channels and to order PPV's in HD so I can watch UFC fights in HD and hopefully my Huskers on PPV in HD.

If you don't mind watching it on your computer in a rather small window, check out www.channelsurfing.net.

No guarantee that it will be on there, but my guess is that it will.

I tried that last year and they don't have the ppv games, nor any other site that I could find such as justintv. I don't think those sites can get away with ppv feeds. Believe me it is a pain because out in NY it is tough for me to see these games.

:yeah

We've been in the Digital world ever since February and we can't even watch our Husker game in HD....I don't get it. Everbody knew about the new conversion to digital for well over a year and I think that Fox Sports Net should've got their act together and bought HD Camera's. I'm still going to order the game but its' just going to be a pain in the a$$ to was this on SD on my 52" HDTV.

I got Dish Network so I could get more HD channels and to order PPV's in HD so I can watch UFC fights in HD and hopefully my Huskers on PPV in HD.

Well Fox Sports has HD, they do Baseball, NFL, and their standard College Football Games are all in HD. What isn't on HD is the PPV Fox broadcasts, not the same as Fox Sports Network. They do the games but they aren't a part of the official Fox Sports Network Production.

If you don't mind watching it on your computer in a rather small window, check out www.channelsurfing.net.

No guarantee that it will be on there, but my guess is that it will.

I tried that last year and they don't have the ppv games, nor any other site that I could find such as justintv. I don't think those sites can get away with ppv feeds. Believe me it is a pain because out in NY it is tough for me to see these games.

Well crap-it's never stopped them with any UFC or boxing PPV event.