Annoying

JTrain

If you don't mind watching it on your computer in a rather small window, check out www.channelsurfing.net.

No guarantee that it will be on there, but my guess is that it will.

I tried that last year and they don't have the ppv games, nor any other site that I could find such as justintv. I don't think those sites can get away with ppv feeds. Believe me it is a pain because out in NY it is tough for me to see these games.

Well crap-it's never stopped them with any UFC or boxing PPV event.

Believe me I will be trying again. If anyone finds a way to watch these games on the computer please share!!!

If you don't mind watching it on your computer in a rather small window, check out www.channelsurfing.net.

I tried that last year and they don't have the ppv games, nor any other site that I could find such as justintv. I don't think those sites can get away with ppv feeds. Believe me it is a pain because out in NY it is tough for me to see these games.

Why does NU even allow anyone to film in standard anymore? Hell a step further, the Big 12. The NFL does not allow a game to be shot in HD. We are through the digital conversion, HD is now the standard. It would be like shooting a game in black and white after color came out. We should start an email harassment tactic against both fox and whoever the local provider is.

:yeah

We've been in the Digital world ever since February and we can't even watch our Husker game in HD....I don't get it. Everbody knew about the new conversion to digital for well over a year and I think that Fox Sports Net should've got their act together and bought HD Camera's. I'm still going to order the game but its' just going to be a pain in the a$$ to was this on SD on my 52" HDTV.

I got Dish Network so I could get more HD channels and to order PPV's in HD so I can watch UFC fights in HD and hopefully my Huskers on PPV in HD.

Well Fox Sports has HD, they do Baseball, NFL, and their standard College Football Games are all in HD. What isn't on HD is the PPV Fox broadcasts, not the same as Fox Sports Network. They do the games but they aren't a part of the official Fox Sports Network Production.

Its besides the point. The old standard def cameras need to get the same treatment as the printer from office space. No broadcast company should have them is use anymore. Period.

Its besides the point. The old standard def cameras need to get the same treatment as the printer from office space. No broadcast company should have them is use anymore. Period.

That is such a great scene. It's up on youtube. I'd link to it but I'm not sure about the policy towards linking to things with foul language here.

office-space.jpg

I watched 2 of the PPV games on Channelsurfing last year. I have never seen a Nebraska game that wasn't on there.

I watched 2 of the PPV games on Channelsurfing last year. I have never seen a Nebraska game that wasn't on there.

Really? Man I must of missed it. Maybe if I can't get to a bar this Saturday it won't matter.

I don't know when this was written, but here's the Big 12's explanation of HD, or lack thereof.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...;ATCLID=1628388

As sports television events migrate to high-definition broadcast, fans have expressed dissatisfaction when games are televised in standard-def. It is the goal of the Big 12's television partners to eventually produce all of the Conference's games in high-definition. However the conversion to high-def is a work in progress that requires infrastructure upgrades. Some of the issues include:

# Currently there are not enough high definition production trucks to provide HD for every collegiate telecast.

# Until the networks have enough HD trucks, they lease them from third-party providers. Geographical limitations on HD trucks leased on a game-by-game basis present logistical challenges in getting them around the country.

# The cost of building an HD truck is in excess of $12 million.

# Production studios have to be upgraded to HD equipment.

The networks understand the demand for HD productions. They also want games in high def for archive video and other purposes as much as the viewer wants it for their viewing enjoyment.

All men's basketball games on the newly-branded Big 12 Network are scheduled for HD broadcast beginning with the 2009-10 season.

Is that what this is all about? We're locked in with Fox somehow? Because I heard that within a few years something is coming to an end. I don't see what would be wrong with a Big XII channel.

There is only one reason there is no Big 12 Network. Texas wont sign off on it. As an athletic program they generated over $120 million in revenue so they are not trying to split any of that. Especially considering $73 million was generated by football.

Is that what this is all about? We're locked in with Fox somehow? Because I heard that within a few years something is coming to an end. I don't see what would be wrong with a Big XII channel.

There is only one reason there is no Big 12 Network. Texas wont sign off on it. As an athletic program they generated over $120 million in revenue so they are not trying to split any of that. Especially considering $73 million was generated by football.

Wouldn't they make even more with a Big 12 channel? If no, why not?

Wouldn't they make even more with a Big 12 channel? If no, why not?

If you compare it to what the Big Ten does there really isn't that much of a reward for team making the money they do.

The way is work with the Big Ten Network is as follows:

30% of the revenue revenue generated is distributed to the campus. The remaining 70% to the Athletic department.

No matter what each program is guaranteed at least revenue of: $6.125 million

Out of the they totaled programming cost to be: $250,000;

If they only get the guaranteed the campus get 30% which is about 1.8 million

Athletics would recieve over four million.

That would mean that teams like ISU, Baylor, Colorado, and KSU would get the guaranteed amount becuase of the support of school like NU, OK, TX, ATM, and MU.

Illinios for instance only average 7 million a year from TV so there profits were doubled with this move. Teams like Ohio State, Micihigan, Penn State, and Iowa with there large alumni and fan support generate 3 time that number or more.

Note also that the Big 10 has a channel which guarantees that every game is televised every week. Why would the Big XII, the Mecca of football, not be leading in television coverage? It makes no sense. Nebraska fans get raped annually by this sh#t.

I'm not sure, but my guess is that the Big 10 has a much, much bigger population base to market the BTN. Also, the BTN went through a rather public battle with Comcast cable a few years ago, because the BTN was demanding ESPN-like fees for Comcast to carry it. Eventually the BTN got a dose of reality and lost that war...

High def? More like no-def, looks like footage from the 70's. I'll watch anyway but geez FSN halfasses these.

Even the standard definition picture on a regular tv looks awful.

I understand the need for all of the equipment upgrades, but HD has been around for a while.

And what is the #1 reason people buy new, big fancy HDTV sets?

SPORTS :bang

I agree the quality isn't very good. But I still get to see my huskers. I don't know if this has been posted but, is there any talk of having a Big 12 Network? I have seen the Big 10, the SEC signed a contract with CBS and I have seen the Mountain West with their own. Just curious