Fear creeping up on me

tmfr15

We should do just fine against FAU. And losing to them wouldn't necessarily make our season a nightmare.

Really?

It has been general consensus that NU should win all three of it non conference games. I for one am not expecting to see the score board lit up until game 2 or 3. One thing I am almost positive of is that The Big Red Faithful will not take lightly to losing to FAU; no matter how close the game is. An opening day loss to an about average opponent would be very bad.

FYI: Definitions of nightmare:

A dream arousing feelings of intense fear or horror.

An event or experience that is intensely distressing.

I think an FAU loss would fit under that umbrella

I for one thought they played 4 non conference games this year. Winning all four of them will be difficult with VT in the mix. However, I am hoping to roll into Columbia with a 4 - 0 record

First game of the season gitters, so here's what you need to do:

1) Take tomorrow off, you aint gonna get anything accomplished and you won't be able to function anyway once you follow step #2 of this list.

2) Start drinking today, right now, a lot, and get the college FB season kicked off right. Enough beverage and you'll be seein' the Huskers as the '09 National Champions!!!

3) Drink again tomorrow and start pulling out old DVD's of Husker games gone by (don't watch anything from '04 to '07 seasons or your fear and depression might increase).

4) Sober up enough for kick-off on Saturday and enjoy a good old fashioned ass whoopin handed to FAU by the Huskers!!!! Once its over, keep drinking and celebrate the start to the '09 Husker Football Season!!!!

:cheers

First game of the season gitters, so here's what you need to do:

1) Take tomorrow off, you aint gonna get anything accomplished and you won't be able to function anyway once you follow step #2 of this list.

2) Start drinking today, right now, a lot, and get the college FB season kicked off right. Enough beverage and you'll be seein' the Huskers as the '09 National Champions!!!

3) Drink again tomorrow and start pulling out old DVD's of Husker games gone by (don't watch anything from '04 to '07 seasons or your fear and depression might increase).

4) Sober up enough for kick-off on Saturday and enjoy a good old fashioned ass whoopin handed to FAU by the Huskers!!!! Once its over, keep drinking and celebrate the start to the '09 Husker Football Season!!!!

:cheers

Another thing I've noticed in our fine local Lincoln media is the word "uncertainty" appears in quite a few article titles. This is unnecessary as every single team has uncertainty at this point, whether it be with their own team, or with the scheme of their opponent. So its use as if it were specific to Nebraska alone is alarmist.

We should do just fine against FAU. And losing to them wouldn't necessarily make our season a nightmare.

Really?

It has been general consensus that NU should win all three of it non conference games. I for one am not expecting to see the score board lit up until game 2 or 3. One thing I am almost positive of is that The Big Red Faithful will not take lightly to losing to FAU; no matter how close the game is. An opening day loss to an about average opponent would be very bad.

FYI: Definitions of nightmare:

A dream arousing feelings of intense fear or horror.

An event or experience that is intensely distressing.

I think an FAU loss would fit under that umbrella

Ah great, someone that runs to the dictionary to argue semantics but doesn't bother to read the post I was responding to. Congrats on that (I'm hoping the sarcasm smiley is necessary here).

If you look at the original post, and my response to it, you'll see that the OP was saying the season would be a nightmare if we lose to FAU. I disagree and say that the season wouldn't necessarily be a nightmare if we lose to FAU. I would call the loss itself a nightmare, but not necessarily the season. It would certainly be a bad sign, though.

I think I was pretty clear, as was the OP, in what I was talking about.

Another appropriate quote from Dr. Venkman for this thread: "Mass hysteria!"

To be honest, my biggest worry is what happens with the fans if we have a season that isn't quite as good as our last. I'm not talking about a "nightmare" with that, but maybe if we only win 7, let's say. I wonder how many will truly fall into the mass hysteria category then.