cody green is very unlikely to play a down this season imo...

Who said Lee was starting next year? :dunno

what have YOU saw that makes you think he wont?

you guys have already started anointing green the next tommie frazier......im sorry but the guy made on good play in PRACTICE and the coaches gave him a couple compliments! that does not mean he is magically going to surpass Lee who has also gotten nothing but great reviews...

it just doesnt make any sense!

and to those of you saying that you have to get your 2nd string some reps.....THE ONLY TIME OUR BACKUPS WENT IN LAST SEASON WAS WHEN GANZ WAS HURT FOR A PLAY OR TWO!!!! i will be quite angry if green burns his shirt to complete between 2 and 5 passes which was the case for both Lee and Witt.......

He is our number 2 quarterback, he will not be redshirting. I'm not sure why this is so hard to fiqure out. He isn't the last QB in the stable, it will be okay if he plays this year.

:yeah

My point exactly. Hey I'd like to redshirt Green but Lee is only a Junior and he'll have another year to play...but Green is our #2 QB and if we are killing FAU on Saturday expect Green to get some snaps.....deal with it. Like I said I would like to see Green redshirt w/ Lee being a Junior but since Green is developing into a good QB at such a young age the Coaches decided to place him at #2 QB and quite possibly get some snaps when the games are getting ugly.

The way Bo Pelini went after Synder for running up the score back in 03' I highly doubt that Pelini will do the same thing if we're blowing somebody away and leave in the starters.

you guys have already started anointing green the next tommie frazier......im sorry but the guy made on good play in PRACTICE and the coaches gave him a couple compliments! that does not mean he is magically going to surpass Lee who has also gotten nothing but great reviews...

and to those of you saying that you have to get your 2nd string some reps.....THE ONLY TIME OUR BACKUPS WENT IN LAST SEASON WAS WHEN GANZ WAS HURT FOR A PLAY OR TWO!!!! i will be quite angry if green burns his shirt to complete between 2 and 5 passes which was the case for both Lee and Witt.......

Keyword= also. Green has had great reviews and has only been out of high school for 9 months......

I'm not trying to pimp him as the next TF. I'm pimping him as our #2 QB.

I will be quite angry if we lose the north because we failed to give Green reps when we had the opportunity.......

Just sayin....

There's two opinions.....

However I agree with the coaches.....

I didn't say Green was either. I don't have a love affair with him. We haven't seen either one of them in a game situation. I just don't understand why everybody is so worried about burning his redshirt. He is our number 2 guy, he is going to play!

I would have to disagree with that statement in the bold. When we were killing New Mexico S and Kansas St our back up QB's did play in the game as well as the Oklahoma game and Ganz wasn't hurt.

Saturday can't come soon enough so all of this QB talk can come to an end

Our backup QBs combined for less than 10 pass attempts last year, if I'm not mistaken.

exactly! and if green makes 10 or less pass attempts is it really worth burning his redshirt when it is very unlikely that he will start next year?

I guarantee that Green will somehow make it in the game on Saturday. For sure if we're blowing out FAU the crowd will be chanting for Green to come in the game like we did with Joe Dailey back in 2003.

I want Green to redshirt I really do with Lee only being a Junior and allowing Green to start at QB for 3 years once Lee is gone and I find it hard to believe that Green will beat out Lee come next year since Lee will have all this year to get enough game experience.

I'm really anxious to see what Lee can do this Saturday and it's only 2 days away but if feels like 2 weeks away. We don't really know how good both Lee and Green are but from what we've read in the papers. Both Bo and Shawn have talked HIGHLY of both Lee and Green not just Green. Bo just told Jim Rome today that Lee has impressed Bo a lot this off season and that Lee will surprise a lot of people.

I agree that Green will play, and I'll take it one step further. What I'd love to see the coaches do is give him a series in the first half and groom him even more for these types of situations. As much as I hate to say it that was the best thing Pinkel did at Mizzou was get Daniels very meaningful reps when Brad Smith was there to prepare him for Big XII play and his future. This will only enhance his experience and season him for the future. Why are so many people scared of having a much more experienced Cody Green competing with Lee next year for the start. These people want great competition at every position like the OU's, USC's and Florida's of the world to make our team better except at QB. What gives. :dunno

Our backup QBs combined for less than 10 pass attempts last year, if I'm not mistaken.

exactly! and if green makes 10 or less pass attempts is it really worth burning his redshirt when it is very unlikely that he will start next year?

I guarantee that Green will somehow make it in the game on Saturday. For sure if we're blowing out FAU the crowd will be chanting for Green to come in the game like we did with Joe Dailey back in 2003.

I want Green to redshirt I really do with Lee only being a Junior and allowing Green to start at QB for 3 years once Lee is gone and I find it hard to believe that Green will beat out Lee come next year since Lee will have all this year to get enough game experience.

I'm really anxious to see what Lee can do this Saturday and it's only 2 days away but if feels like 2 weeks away. We don't really know how good both Lee and Green are but from what we've read in the papers. Both Bo and Shawn have talked HIGHLY of both Lee and Green not just Green. Bo just told Jim Rome today that Lee has impressed Bo a lot this off season and that Lee will surprise a lot of people.

well said sir....now that i can agree with. all i am saying is that you shouldnt throw a player into the game because the fans want you to. thats not how you build a program and we dont need to play him to show recruits that we will play freshmen...there are already about 5 other true freshmen that will be playing!

it does seem like 2 weeks! worse part is that the games on tv arent very good tonight....boise is just whipping oregon!

I would say its in Nebraska's best interest to get Cody Green game time experience this year. Football is rough & starting quarterbacks do get injured sometimes, so if the game is on the line & we need to put in the #2 quarterback, who is Cody Green, then its a good idea to get him some experience early on against teams like Florida Atlantic & Arkansas State

I know that it would be nice to have Green as a 3-year starter instead of a 2-year starter, but the way I look at it is we need to focus on winning in the here and now, this season & the best players should be playing. If Zac Lee gets injured & the game is close, obviously we shouldnt be putting in our #3 quarterback Latravis Washington over our #2 quarterback Cody Green just for the sake of preserving his redshirt IMO. So I think also that we should be getting Green game time experience early on this year, just in case of such a situation.

He is our number 2 quarterback, he will not be redshirting. I'm not sure why this is so hard to fiqure out. He isn't the last QB in the stable, it will be okay if he plays this year.

:yeah

Seriously, if they really cared about Green getting a redshirt he would NOT BE THE #2 BACK. The #2 QB is the guy who comes in when the #1 comes out. They're not just going to skip over Green and play Latravis if Green gives them the best chance to win.

Think about it. Let's say it's a big game, a la the Oklahoma game, and it's OU 35 NU 30 with 2 minutes left to go and Zac Lee just broke his arm. Cody Green is still the #2 quarterback and LW is #3. The coaches know Green is a better quarterback than LW. Do any of you really think they'll throw LW in there just to save Green's redshirt? No way in hell. They're going to play to win now. They're not going to shun the game and say "oh well it's over" just to save a redshirt.