cody green is very unlikely to play a down this season imo...

This thread has a lot of legs. Here's the biggest question of all: how many #2's on the depth chart do you really think will redshirt? Essentially, Green's redshirt was pulled the day he was named #2. It would be stupid to play the #3 in mop up duty over the #2 unless you're going to start the #3 when the #1 goes down to injury which again would be stupid not to just name the #3 as the #2.

If Green and Washington are as close as the coaches say for the #2 and NU wanted to redshirt Green than Washington would be the #2

Read between the lines people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I agree, Green may have just passed LTW over the last 2-3 weeks but I think there is now separation between the two.

I agree that Green will play, and I'll take it one step further. What I'd love to see the coaches do is give him a series in the first half and groom him even more for these types of situations. As much as I hate to say it that was the best thing Pinkel did at Mizzou was get Daniels very meaningful reps when Brad Smith was there to prepare him for Big XII play and his future. This will only enhance his experience and season him for the future. Why are so many people scared of having a much more experienced Cody Green competing with Lee next year for the start. These people want great competition at every position like the OU's, USC's and Florida's of the world to make our team better except at QB. What gives. :dunno

I understand what you're saying, BUT Brad Smith was a returning starter who already had a ton of meaningful game reps. Therefore he was able to coach Daniel as you suggest.

Lee is in the same situation as Green, neither has meaningful game reps. Why would the coaches expect him to coach Green when he's trying to get acclimated as well?

I wasn't referring to groom Green as a pupil thing like Smith, I am talking more of the grooming that comes with here's the ball kid, it's still a close game, how will you handle it. He needs these meaningful reps to get used to the game speed and atmospheres in which he will be playing in.

Didn't everyone see the deer-in-the-headlights look that Witt had when he entered the Gator Bowl? How did that go? Do you really want that look on the face of your back up QB when he gets thrown to the wolves because of injury or anything? Telling ya he needs meaningful reps to go along with all the blowout time he may get in three of these first four games.

I think you do. The moment Shawn Watson elevated Cody Green up to the back up spot, he pretty much told us that Green's redshirt isn't going to happen.

For those instances, you are wasting a year of player development even moreso than Callahan did with so many players or even Pelini did with Dennard last year.

Green is our future at QB. You don't waste him to get meaningless snaps. Especially when as a passer, Green is very, well, green.

This signals that Green will get snaps throughout games. In which case, the offensive flow will somehow have to be kept in tact. How we plan to do that will be interesting.

Watson's pretty much dismissed this already. If there's opportunity my money is on Green taking the field this Saturday.

i agree, he will play this year and start next year.....

Green will start this year in a game!

I agree, he will be the starter by the end of the year. How many other true freshmen do the coaches talk about?

Watson's pretty much dismissed this already. If there's opportunity my money is on Green taking the field this Saturday.

i agree, he will play this year and start next year.....

Green will start this year in a game!

I agree, he will be the starter by the end of the year. How many other true freshmen do the coaches talk about?

Superman gets talked about a lot