My Watchsite Blows

craigsker

My watch site was also my home. I really thought I was going to have to reach through my phone and strangle the dumb @$$e$ from Direct TV. When I called to order the game, they told me that I "could not order it." I said, "What do I have to do to get the game...you guys are offering it, and I'm pretty much waving money in front of your companies face during the biggest economic recession since 1929 and you're telling me that I can't order it?" After a long 10 minute hold, the guy changed his tone and I was able to pay the 29.95 plus some 5 dollar b.s. charge to Direct TV. for all the wonderful customer service they provide.

Nevertheless, I might be joining HUSKER37 next week. :)

I started trying to order it on Thursday, and had to wait till Friday night. Couldn't get it ordered off the Directv site on line, couldn't get it on automated phone choices. Directv has some problems with special orders that are added late to their schedules. Any way finally got through to a real person and told them about all the crap I had to go through, just to have to come back and order it from a live person, and they did drop the $5 charge. Next week should be just as much fun........... <_<

GBR!!!

If I'm not at the game my Watchsite is down in my basement with my buddies watching the game on my Sony 52" Flat Panel TV. Nothing better than grilling out and making a ton of food with a refrigerator full of Coors Light. I hate going to the bars because of the other issues that some of you have mention and I hate the smell of smoke and leaving a bar with that smoke smell on my shirt.......sorry smokers. But there is nothing better than pausing the game to go take a potty break or rewinding back to watch an amazing TD, tackle, or a hot cheerleader. Also I can change the channel to any other football game without causing a fight lol.

I had to pay an extra $5 when I ordered the UFC 102 fight because I don't have a phone line plugged into my Dish Network DVR reciever. The guy on the phone told me that I could order the fight online next time to avoid the $5 charge and I didn't mind paying the $5 charge because I had 18 people at my house waiting for the fights to start.

my watch site you have to get there an hour before the game to get a good seat faceing the tv. My take on it is go to a bar where it is free and spend 30 bucks on food and beer, or order it at home spend 30 bucks on PPV and another 30 for food and beer plus time to cook. I take the easy road and go somewhere to watch the game.

If I'm not at the game my Watchsite is down in my basement with my buddies watching the game on my Sony 52" Flat Panel TV. Nothing better than grilling out and making a ton of food with a refrigerator full of Coors Light. I hate going to the bars because of the other issues that some of you have mention and I hate the smell of smoke and leaving a bar with that smoke smell on my shirt.......sorry smokers. But there is nothing better than pausing the game to go take a potty break or rewinding back to watch an amazing TD, tackle, or a hot cheerleader. Also I can change the channel to any other football game without causing a fight lol.

I had to pay an extra $5 when I ordered the UFC 102 fight because I don't have a phone line plugged into my Dish Network DVR reciever. The guy on the phone told me that I could order the fight online next time to avoid the $5 charge and I didn't mind paying the $5 charge because I had 18 people at my house waiting for the fights to start.

Is that like the KFC fights where they throw hotwings at each other?

For someone that can find 18 buddies that like to watch fights, you sure seem to want to avoid them (fights over the remote)..lol

I'd been pretty much avoiding watching our games at a bar since I went through my windshield after the CU/NU Halloween game ~ a dozen or so years ago...Thank God they made us?/them stop smoking in bars..My Husker shirt might even last through the season with no washes in case I start to get superstitious..

I might just order a pitcher of $5 tea next time and pretend I'm an alcoholic.

My watchsite was also my house. I had the bigscreen showing the huskers, a 42" right next to it showing vaTech bama and a 27" on top the big screen showing OU-BYU.

I had about 20 ppl over, it was a good night, but the next morning the basement smelled like little smokies and cheese dip, took about 45 minutes to clean up the place and I decided next week the food is staying in the kitchen.......

I went to mine here in Austin, TX and it was PACKED. Tons of room and space but completely full seats, so I had to sit in the smoke room ugh. Hate smoke but I am NOT missing the Huskers because of that!

We do have a pretty good place here in Austin. Gary and the guys do a really good job.

Cool River Cafe. I was there with four others in the back room. There had to have been around 300.