Congrats to the Huskers

One thing that I noticed right away was the bone crushing hits. Asante had one, Thenarse had one that caused a fumble, and even Eric Martin laid the wood. Overall I saw good form tackling.

Thank god!!!! Hopefully we are getting over Cosgrove's horrible teaching and the poor tackling that went along with it. I agree it sounded like we started flat, but man once we got going it was like "SEE YA!!!!" We have some playmakers and that's something we haven't seen in quite awhile.

One thing that I noticed right away was the bone crushing hits. Asante had one, Thenarse had one that caused a fumble, and even Eric Martin laid the wood. Overall I saw good form tackling.

Thank god!!!! Hopefully we are getting over Cosgrove's horrible teaching and the poor tackling that went along with it. I agree it sounded like we started flat, but man once we got going it was like "SEE YA!!!!" We have some playmakers and that's something we haven't seen in quite awhile.

Oh by far, this defense is light years ahead of a Cosgrove D. They hustle to the ball. They're not afraid to hit. There are multiple redshirts surrounding the ball. Our LB's are going to be great IMO. That hit by Eric Martin was huge!

Oh by far, this defense is light years ahead of a Cosgrove D. They hustle to the ball. They're not afraid to hit. There are multiple redshirts surrounding the ball. Our LB's are going to be great IMO. That hit by Eric Martin was huge!

Compton had a crushing hit early in the game which was a fumble, but the refs blew the whistle. Compton looked pretty good for a first start.

Compton had a crushing hit early in the game which was a fumble, but the refs blew the whistle. Compton looked pretty good for a first start.

Fisher had a great hit as well

Too bad the refs had their heads up their butts on that play. Hopefully Bo won't harp over that flag because it really was a clean hit. Come to think of it, Crick's personal foul on the QB was iffy also.

Too bad the refs had their heads up their butts on that play. Hopefully Bo won't harp over that flag because it really was a clean hit. Come to think of it, Crick's personal foul on the QB was iffy also.

Yeah that was a crappy call on Martin's hit as well as Crick. That personal foul cost O'Hanlon an pick if I remember right.

Yeah that was a crappy call on Martin's hit as well as Crick. That personal foul cost O'Hanlon an pick if I remember right.

Yes it did, and it was a great pick also (one-handed over the shoulder for those who didn't see)