Cody Green thread # 45,502

Don't tell me to settle down, the guy has tons of potential. I'm excited about what he brings to the table. Get over it.

I loved Green's play as well. The run was amazing, but he only threw 3 passes, so I personally couldn't get a good read on how accurate he actually is, especially when 1 of the completions was simply a roll out dump off to a TE.

Tempered enthusiasm needs to be shown.

We all knew Green had wheels. But he also showed us why he still needs alot of work as a passer.

Kid is a work in progress. In no way should he be compared to one of the greatest QBs in the last decade of CFB. Expectations like that for a kid lead to disappointment more often than not.

Ok but you have to get excited when you see Green and Burkhead get quality snaps and show flashes of what is to be in the future.

Im thrilled and can not wait to see these exciting young freshman mesh with all the outstanding redshirts from last season too.

Two things that I noticed , Lee is very capable of being an outstanding QB, and freshman Eric Martin is a freaking animal.

good for cody, he was pretty excited, i think. kept dropping his cheat sheets. after he gets some snaps under his belt he will be just fine.

i think bo's new starter is "zac lee" what the doctor ordered.

vince young was a gay-tard

Gay-tard or not, he has a NC ring and kick our butts. Facts are facts

what I like is I actually think he could be of use in goaline situations. For some reason the old school power option/ speed option is a great play down there, and we say when they ran it for that touch, that his big body is good in that situation, tough for the outside guys to keep him out.

i'LL ADMIT When I first saw Green in the game, I was a little dissapointed..I was hoping for a redshirt.

But it was also a relief..and I immediately thought to myself, at least there won't be any more threads about whether we should shirt him.

Don't remember much about Vince playing for the Florida Gayters, but if I remember correctly, by the time he played for the shorthorns against us, he'd had most of a season under his garter belt (sorry HOKC) :box

Not that we need him to be..but..It's not that big of a stretch to believe Green might be at or near that level before the season's over.

Especially if he gets quality playing time.