Could we make it to the BCS Championship?

The only way we win the BCS title this year is if Cody Green is starting by conference play..right Billyball?

How silly. Actually I think our only chance is if we can get all analysts to learn our Quarterback's name and see if Lee will have the time between miracles and walking on water some of you seem to think he spends his time doing, to go to a BCS championship game.

The truth is I don't care who is the QB. I just want them to win. When/if Green takes over I hope you are as happy and you can kiss it.

As to a national championship. I want what he is drinking and I don't want to be sitting anywhere near if the boys in the white coats are around or fans of an opposing team when the subject of us being in the NCS game this year is discussed.

Playing close with all our opponents and not being embarassed on the field and beating at least some of the tough teams on our schedule will show real progress.

How silly. Actually I think our only chance is if we can get all analysts to learn our Quarterback's name and see if Lee will have the time between miracles and walking on water some of you seem to think he spends his time doing, to go to a BCS championship game.

The truth is I don't care who is the QB. I just want them to win. When/if Green takes over I hope you are as happy and you can kiss it.

I don't think Lee walks on water or performs miracles, but I do think he is an above average QB. To say Green may take over at QB by conference play - a QB that has admitted he only knows 15 out of a possible 320 plays in the playbook - is just ridiculous. Is he going to stay up 24/7 and learn the other 305 in three weeks? How is he going to get the reps that Lee has had over the years?

Green will serve as backup this year - and after seeing Bradford go down and watching OU's backup in action - well, we definitely need a backup with at least some experience. I think we could win games with him if needed, but he certainly isn't as prepared as Lee.

Next Spring could be interesting, but right now, Lee is head-and-shoulders above Green. To say differently is just foolish.

Guys....

- We beat Florida Atlantic, but we even struggled with them at times.

- We are only essentially 1 season removed from a losing record.

- We are still very inexperienced at the skill positions.

Take a deep breath everyone, it's not time to dive into the Kool-Aid tank quite yet.

Just looking at next years schedule and it sets up very nice. I know thats way in the future and we need to focus on this years schedule.. but Texas and Ok St will be our biggest challenges and they will both be losing the starting qbs and be "rebuilding"

But for now no.. not really a realistic shot this year

I don't think Lee walks on water or performs miracles, but I do think he is an above average QB. To say Green may take over at QB by conference play - a QB that has admitted he only knows 15 out of a possible 320 plays in the playbook - is just ridiculous. Is he going to stay up 24/7 and learn the other 305 in three weeks? How is he going to get the reps that Lee has had over the years?

Green will serve as backup this year - and after seeing Bradford go down and watching OU's backup in action - well, we definitely need a backup with at least some experience. I think we could win games with him if needed, but he certainly isn't as prepared as Lee.

Next Spring could be interesting, but right now, Lee is head-and-shoulders above Green. To say differently is just foolish.

Don't bring facts like that to this debate! Billyball doesn't like facts.

Bo told Rome on tv he was going to play for championships plural, and it is very simple, all he has to do is win out. I like that Bo is asking for growth and perfection. (One game at a time). Enjoy the process fans. This ride is for real and with heart, courage, and high goals a team can position itself to achieve greatness. It is indeed way too early to predict. And even Boi wants it one game at a time. Bo has a new win it all attitutde. And it is high time that the fans assume the same attitute.

I is liking our chances and am really proud of our players and the team effort they have manifested so far. It is the Huskers of old and that not found anywhere else GO BID RED!!! spirit!! :hellloooo:clap:cheers

I think our coaches would be the first to tell you that we are no where near where we need to be to compete for a National Championship.

Last week there were so many blown coverages, missed cues, missed assignments on defense...sure we held them to 3 points but between the 20's they moved the ball fairly consistently. Imagine if that were OU or MU...not to mention Florida!

I for one will be thrilled if we win our division and hit that 9-10 win mark. Anything above that is just icing on the cake!

If our coaches are the first to tell us that we are not ready to be in a national title i want new coaches. These guys are there to put the confidence and ready the players for every game and expect to win every game. They scheme and get a game plan for every game in plans of winning them all. So for you to say they would be the first to tell us i call BS.

If our coaches are the first to tell us that we are not ready to be in a national title i want new coaches. These guys are there to put the confidence and ready the players for every game and expect to win every game. They scheme and get a game plan for every game in plans of winning them all. So for you to say they would be the first to tell us i call BS.

Have you ever actually listened to Bo talk about our team?

Umm yeah i actually have. Those coaches arent saying they are going to win them all but they sure as hell arent going to say they have no shot in the world. They like to think they can compete and win each game on the schedule.

Umm yeah i actually have. Those coaches arent saying they are going to win them all but they sure as hell arent going to say they have no shot in the world. They like to think they can compete and win each game on the schedule.

BeatOU said our coaches would be the first to tell the team they're not near where they need to be to win the MNC. If you listened to Bo's most recent presser, that's exactly the sentiment he gave. He called the defense "soft" with Suh standing right there in the room. That's not "putting confidence" in a guy in my book. It's a kick in the pants, that's the way I see that.

Yes, it's conceivable that THIS TEAM could play in the BCS National Championship game.

Va Tech is more beatable than maybe we first thought. This is going to be the "tilt" game though. Huskers win, and we've got something we haven't had in years: CONFIDENCE.

OU suddenly is very beatable.

Texas Tech is a shadow of last year.

K-State's a joke.

ISU's a joke.

Baylor could be a trap game but I like Pelini's style on the road, against vastly less talented teams.

Kansas, I just don't see being that tough.

Let's see, we're down to Mizzery, which is THE GAME, if we get past VA Tech.

Colorado - we should beat'em, but again, with that team who knows.

Then it's on to the Big 12 championship, where at worst we have a 1 in 3 chance.

Guys, it could happen. The odds are against it, but don't sell us short.

:koolaid2: