We will beat ASU soundly on Saturday...

ray233

there is ONE word missing from this thread, and it's the one that will win the game... not stats, sizes, recruiting, etc.

ATTITUDE... Nebraska wins on attitude alone. Bo demands more than the players can muster and the formula of ever raising the bar will create 'attitude' where the the team will want to prove to Bo that they are as good as Bo knows they can be.

Seriously its Ark St. and their from the Sun Belt... not trying to sound like a ass, but this game won't be close.

They can maybe hang for a quarter or 2 similar to San Jose St. , but they will be over matched big time. I'm predicting a big shutout.

I don't know about that......your defense is soft......you can't deny that.

How can you say that Arkansas St. is MUCH better than FAU? Both finished with 6 losses last year and FAU gave Arkansas State a good game last year. Take those 2 turnovers away and that may have been a different game. That's one thing that Pelini is famous for is the bend but don't break D.

I have a feeling the D will come out with a fire under it after Pelini PUBLICLY called them out for being soft. I expect a much different defense. I agree that Ark. St. will come out to play tough, but it won't make a difference. The 'Skers will be too much to handle, especially our front four. Suh will have a nice sized chip on his shoulder after last game.

Arkansas St. has better players at more positions than FAU did. They have playmakers on offense and a strong player on the defensive line.

But, at the same time, they aren't MUCH better. Arkansas St. is making people think real hard just because they blew out that high school team a week ago (sorry, had to do it :box ). They will give us more of a challenge than FAU did, but it's not going to be something to worry about.

The biggest match up I'm looking at is our Wide Receivers vs. their DB's. According to an article I read, ASU has no DB above 200 pounds and nobody to match our wide receivers for height. ASU sacrifices size for speed. All of our receivers are over 200 pounds (the starting ones at least), have an average height to around 6'2" to 6'3", and have the speed to match with anything ASU throws at them. They blocked very well in last week's game against bigger players than what ASU has to offer, so expect perimeter blocking to be excellent this week.

I think this game will be closer than expected. Just because you've never heard of ASU doesn't mean they are a bunch of slouches. The team has some great athletes and some good speed. If Callahan was still coaching, I'd be a little concerned. I'm picking NU to win this one 31-20.

Seriously its Ark St. and their from the Sun Belt... not trying to sound like a ass, but this game won't be close.

They can maybe hang for a quarter or 2 similar to San Jose St. , but they will be over matched big time. I'm predicting a big shutout.

It's hilarious reading the same comments from BCS fans year after year, and then when we keep it close it's all excuses.

BTW, it's "They're... not their"

It's hilarious reading the same comments from BCS fans year after year, and then when we keep it close it's all excuses.

The one thing I've noticed that separates FAU fan from ASU fan so far is respect. The FAU fans that have been hanging here for the last month or two have been gracious, friendly, complimentary and respectful of our team and our fans. All I see from ASU is "nobody respects us" and lumping every team from a bigger conference into one stereotype.

Fortunately, we're not like every other fan base, no matter how you treat us. Your fans will return from Lincoln with good things to say about our fans, whether we win or you win. You'll be treated with more respect at our stadium than you've shown, whether you've earned it or not.

I'd like to say it's been a pleasure to have gotten to know ASU fans. Some on your board were great. But far too many have been less than respectful. And I have no patience for that.

The one thing I've noticed that separates FAU fan from ASU fan so far is respect. The FAU fans that have been hanging here for the last month or two have been gracious, friendly, complimentary and respectful of our team and our fans. All I see from ASU is "nobody respects us" and lumping every team from a bigger conference into one stereotype.

Fortunately, we're not like every other fan base, no matter how you treat us. Your fans will return from Lincoln with good things to say about our fans, whether we win or you win. You'll be treated with more respect at our stadium than you've shown, whether you've earned it or not.

I'd like to say it's been a pleasure to have gotten to know ASU fans. Some on your board were great. But far too many have been less than respectful. And I have no patience for that.

Really? You mean respect like this:

"Seriously its Ark St. and their from the Sun Belt... not trying to sound like a ass, but this game won't be close."

"I respect your coach's body of work, however, I don't think ASU has a chance to keep the final score close."

"Plain and simple.. ASU is the inferior team, no matter what they did against anyone last year."

It's not all one sided? Please tell me what lack of respect you are referring to from ASU fans? Because we think we have a chance?

My prediction of 51-0 still stands... I understand you guys might have the best defensive lineman in the Sun Belt, but at the same time you have to remember Nebraska has arguable the best defensive lineman in the nation.

Regardless we will find out tomorrow I just hope you guys don't run off and never come back regardless of the outcome.

Just because someone says that it won't be a close game doesn't mean they're not giving you respect. Some teams are better than others. If we played USC right now it probably wouldn't be close either. It's nearly guaranteed that Nebraska will dominate this game from start to finish. We're not taking anything away from you, it's just the way it's going to be.

BTW, it's "They're... not their"

And yet, at the end of the year, a loss is a loss.

Ill give our defense more credit if they bring their A-game tomorrow.

Nebraska 48 - ASU 9 (3 Field Goals, No TD's)

Any sacks to go with that defense?

Or just QB pressures?

I hope so, i want that QB to remember the Nebraska Cornhuskers! :)

My new best friend knapplc thinks otherwise.

He thinks pressures are just as impressive as sacks.

I contradicted him and he thought I didn't know anything about the game of football.

I'm glad you have your head on straight and can give an unbiased response.

My prediction of 51-0 still stands... I understand you guys might have the best defensive lineman in the Sun Belt, but at the same time you have to remember Nebraska has arguable the best defensive lineman in the nation.

Regardless we will find out tomorrow I just hope you guys don't run off and never come back regardless of the outcome.

Being the best defensive player in the Sun Belt has been known to earn a first or second round NFL pick. Being the best defensive lineman in the Sun Belt isn't a hollow honor.