Virginia Tech ran for 444 yards against Marshall today

papersun87

And we seem to have trouble defending the run. :hmmph

Is Marshall as good as UNO?

hahaha that's what I was thinking. Not cracking on Va Tech, because they are solid in the running game, but rolling up 444 yards against Marshall doesn't say anything about how they will do against a competitive team.

..... But the SOMEWHAT porous run D we have shown is worrying :hmmph

And we seem to have trouble defending the run. :hmmph

Is Marshall as good as UNO?

hahaha that's what I was thinking. Not cracking on Va Tech, because they are solid in the running game, but rolling up 444 yards against Marshall doesn't say anything about how they will do against a competitive team.

..... But the SOMEWHAT porous run D we have shown is worrying :hmmph

The biggest problem with our running game is the inconsistencies at linebackers. They just aren't making the right reads and plugging the holes, and a lot of that has to do with youth and inexperience. These guys have two games under the belt, so we can expect them to do some better things. They have shown flashes of greatness, but need to make it more consistent.

And, like a few others have said, it was Marshall, a very very poor football team. I think we would have had a similarly successful day if they had been playing us today.

against Marshall?!??!111 Oh noes!

Good Lord, you guys act like our run defense is terrible. Lets get a few things straight here..1.) Pelini obviously wasnt going to show off our whole defensive scheme. You know he didnt show us everything our defense had to offer because it was against inferior opponents. IF you noticed, we were only doing a 4 man rush without much blitzing. When we go to VT, you can bet there will be more blitzing going on. Secondly, I feel as if our defense wasnt tryin their hardest. I sense that he used these games to gauge how our secondary can do in coverage for extended periods of time. He used these games to let our secondary work on their game (and we all know they needed improvement.) Virgina Tech killed marshall...who cares? Alabama, who beat VT, was having a tough time with FIU (a sun belt team) for awhile. All in all, i think we will beat VT in a close one.