The Sweater Vest is feeling the heat in Columbus.

Axl_sued_me

So, if OSU fires the Sweater Vest, do you think that they come after Bo? Do you think Bo would consider?

You're not seriously telling me that OSU is thinking about firing Tressel...

That would be the height of stupidity.

Why shouldn't he be feeling the heat? His legacy is 1 NC in 2002. What has he shown since?

Which is more than anyone else can say in the conference. Seriously, they win 10+ almost every season. The only people who would be calling for a firing would be the morons who wanted Osborne booted before he went on his magic run.

They lost by less than a touchdown last week. Their D was dominant throughout the game. They consistently bring in phenomenal recruiting classes. Some changes may be needed to match the elite teams in the nation, but if your standards are so high that 10+ win seasons are intolerable, you're going to be a miserable football fan for the rest of your life.

So, if OSU fires the Sweater Vest, do you think that they come after Bo? Do you think Bo would consider?

Why shouldn't he be feeling the heat? His legacy is 1 NC in 2002. What has he shown since?

Which is more than anyone else can say in the conference. Seriously, they win 10+ almost every season. The only people who would be calling for a firing would be the morons who wanted Osborne booted before he went on his magic run.

They lost by less than a touchdown last week. Their D was dominant throughout the game. They consistently bring in phenomenal recruiting classes. Some changes may be needed to match the elite teams in the nation, but if your standards are so high that 10+ win seasons are intolerable, you're going to be a miserable football fan for the rest of your life.

But he loses games that ...................ok nevermind.

Back on topic. What about Bo?

Consistent 10+ win seasons and finishes in the top 15?

Yep. He's the Mack Brown of the Big Ten.

I was reading some of the fans are a little disgusted with him right now. They would be stupid to fire him. There are a bunch of other teams out there that would jump at the chance to hire him.

And to keep this on topic with Husker Football...no...I don't see Bo jumping ship and going the Ohio St. I could however, see Watson being looked at for the HC job.

and in this day and age, it would not surprise me one bit.

but i'm thinking that tressel's seat is *warm* if anything.

the wheels would REALLY have to roll off the wagon for him to get fired this season. i'm talking lose every single game starting this week by BLOWOUT proportions culminating with a woody hayes-type assault on a player during a game to come close to that type of heat.

I was reading some of the fans are a little disgusted with him right now. They would be stupid to fire him. There are a bunch of other teams out there that would jump at the chance to hire him.

And to keep this on topic with Husker Football...no...I don't see Bo jumping ship and going the Ohio St. I could however, see Watson being looked at for the HC job.

No way wats could land a job like that as a first time HC...no way.

He has had a stint as a HC already.

:yeah If Watson goes, he prob goes to a place like CU, a WAC or Pac10 school but not Ohio St. I like Watson but I'm probably not trading straight up to get rid of Tressel's track record.

And even if OSU offered Bo, he has too much vested here already to jump to the Big 11. Plus he wouldn't do that to the players, fans, school or TO. Just my 2 cents.....

GBR

And even if OSU offered Bo, he has too much vested here already to jump to the Big 11. Plus he wouldn't do that to the players, fans, school or TO. Just my 2 cents.....

GBR

Agreed. Bo has more respect than to just jump ship for a better deal. Bo believes in finishing what you have started.

If Bo leaves he leaves. But to say we know his character or what he believes is foolish. It all depends on his feeling of where this program is in comparison to whatever job offer he is eligible for. We cannot try to gauge someones heart nor how they feel. I think sometimes fans feel that the way they would react about an offer to leave their team is the exact sentiments that should be shared by the coach leading their team.

Just like you would in a job he would do whats best for him and his family.

That being said beside the recruiting base I think at this point the OSU job would be a lateral move. However, it is the major college in the state he was born, he earned his bachelors and masters there, played football there, has been and is active with the goings on of the campus. I would think he would a least think about it if he was offered.

GBR

Agreed. Bo has more respect than to just jump ship for a better deal. Bo believes in finishing what you have started.

On the other hand Bo has ties with Ohio State, and I would imagine they would probably throw way more $$ at him than T.O. is.

Bo left LSU in a heart beat.

IF and I mean the biggest IF in the world, theOSU offered he would be gone in a heart beat is my guess.

But why would they want him. He offers nothing that they need. Their defense is good, their use of their offensive weapons are what the concern is. He has beat absolutely no one in his career here. If they are going to throw Tressel out they better have a big big big name to do it.

And who in the football world at this time has that type of Clout.

Stoops possibly, Meyer, Miles, Carrol, Brown and Saben.

Tressel is not going anywhere unless he decides he is going.