Whats a realistic score for Saturdays game?

Here's what I think. I think the only team in this game that can hurt Nebraska is Nebraska. If they come out sloppy and commit penalties like last year and turn the ball over a lot (get beamer ball'd), then I say we lose this one 24-14. I think our defense will play stout, but if we turn it over, being on the field the whole time will hurt them badly. :bang

However, I think if they roll into blacksburg with a chip on their shoulder and play smart on offense (Which they are VERY capable of doing... See: Texas Tech game last year (except last pass obviously :madash )) and fill their gaps and keep their assignments on defense, we will be fine. If we can avoid penalties and play smart football I say we win this game 35-21.

I don't think Va Tech is capable of putting up large amounts of points unless they get the other team to break itself down, which they have prided themselves on doing the past couple decades. I think we will be just fine in this game and I think we can come out strong and put this Lane Stadium crowd back in their seats, watching their Hokies lose...

NU 35 - Va Tech 21...

If we don't come in prepared....

Va Tech 24 - NU 14... :facepalm:

But I have every faith in Bo and Co. and I think we will be much better this year than last against the Hokies. I don't think there will be another victory for VT. :w00t:w00t:w00t If we play solid D like Alabama did, which we are capable of doing, we should handle them.

:restore

BTW: can you tell I'm a husker fan? :horns2:horns2

I saw a 31-20 prediction that I think will be pretty spot on, likely in favor of VT.

At this point I'd say we're more hype and optimism, and the Hokies have more substance backing it up.

The Hokies haven't proven ANY more this year than we have. They've proven that they can get mopped up by a top 10 team on a neutral site. The score was close, but the statistics tell a story of dominance by alabama that started to show in the fourth quarter majorly. They've shown that they can roll up a garbage team in Marshall.

We've shown that we can roll up two garbage teams and haven't played anyone with real talent.

I'd say a lot of the "substance" is due to the fact that the game is at Lane and they beat us last year. But this is a different year with two different teams, both gaining experience. I think it will be a good game.

Don't forget... we're rocking a 7 game winning streak right now, so we really picked up at the end of last year and I believe we are finding that momentum right now also. :bonez

Hopefully that prediction you saw goes in the favor of the Big Red! :cheers

:restore

I don't think either team plays a style that will allow a blow out... don't get me wrong I think both teams could end up putting up some points (20-40 each) but I just don't think either team will be that dominate to just blow the other out.

Either of the teams could control the game though, keeping a 1-2 td lead throughout, but never stretching it out of reach. I hope it will be a fun game with the Big Red ending up on top!

Gotta say, I'm pumped for the game this weekend. We have a big chance to make a step in the right direction for a great season. However, we can't place the season on this game. If Bo and Co showed us anything last year, is they did a great job rebounding after tough losses. That aside, I think if the Ds shuts their one dimensional offense down and contain T.Taylor, and the offensive line give Zac Lee time, we win easy. If we give up too many long drives and we don't establish some running game with Helu and Burkhead, it could be a long night.

Score when we shut down their run and our offense is balanced: 31-24 Nebraska.

If we don't stop the run and zac gets hit early and often : 24-17 Va Tech.

Here's to the 'skers jumping on them early and often :wasted

I've been reading a lot of predictions on multiple boards (including neutral boards) and most people have us hanging on but losing by 3 to as many as 19. They are amped up over their win over Marshall. Impressive yes. However, Marshall did manage to score 10 points, in Blacksburg. How are we only going to score 17 like the mode of predictions? In addition, Marshall's D-line was bullied, pushed back by VT's O-line as many as 5-6 yards on multiple plays which opened up their running game so much. What happens when they clash with a stout D-line like ours? The way I see it, both teams running games are pretty equal and defense pretty equal. So when VT's running is shut down or retarded, what are they going to fall back on? Taylors 57% completion? Where as, we have a solid passing game and a very very dynamic offense. Had we played Marshall, we easily would have done the same. Marshall's previous opponent was SIU, D-II I believe, which was won by Marshall 31-28. So, give up 28pts and almost lose to D-II school then throwup 10points on #15ish VT...in Blacksburg? Yet the Huskers are only going to score 17-21????? Doubtful. If our defense can't stop their run, we still have a fairly good shot at winning a shootout. We beat Ark St. 38-9, who won 61-0 the previous week. VT beat Marshall 52-10 who won 31-28. I'm not impressed. Nor was I impressed with Okie St. after I actually watched their first game. Stats were good, Dez Bryant Highlights were good, aggregate play was sloppy so I called the upset the following week. Mizzou first week? Stats were good, highlights were decent, also not impressed after watching the actual game. NU 35 - VT 19

Most peoples predictions are random guesses based on what they've heard or highlights. Ever seen a kicka$$ movie trailer and you go see the actual movie which turns out to be absolute horsechips? Plenty

I may be drinking Kool-Aid, but I ain't chuggin it and its the offbrand from walmart anyways

I've been reading a lot of predictions on multiple boards (including neutral boards) and most people have us hanging on but losing by 3 to as many as 19. They are amped up over their win over Marshall. Impressive yes. However, Marshall did manage to score 10 points, in Blacksburg. How are we only going to score 17 like the mode of predictions? In addition, Marshall's D-line was bullied, pushed back by VT's O-line as many as 5-6 yards on multiple plays which opened up their running game so much. What happens when they clash with a stout D-line like ours? The way I see it, both teams running games are pretty equal and defense pretty equal. So when VT's running is shut down or retarded, what are they going to fall back on? Taylors 57% completion? Where as, we have a solid passing game and a very very dynamic offense. Had we played Marshall, we easily would have done the same. Marshall's previous opponent was SIU, D-II I believe, which was won by Marshall 31-28. So, give up 28pts and almost lose to D-II school then throwup 10points on #15ish VT...in Blacksburg? Yet the Huskers are only going to score 17-21????? Doubtful. If our defense can't stop their run, we still have a fairly good shot at winning a shootout. We beat Ark St. 38-9, who won 61-0 the previous week. VT beat Marshall 52-10 who won 31-28. I'm not impressed. Nor was I impressed with Okie St. after I actually watched their first game. Stats were good, Dez Bryant Highlights were good, aggregate play was sloppy so I called the upset the following week. Mizzou first week? Stats were good, highlights were decent, also not impressed after watching the actual game. NU 35 - VT 19

Most peoples predictions are random guesses based on what they've heard or highlights. Ever seen a kicka$$ movie trailer and you go see the actual movie which turns out to be absolute horsechips? Plenty

I may be drinking Kool-Aid, but I ain't chuggin it and its the offbrand from walmart anyways

Good analysis! I agree. :cheers:koolaid2: